New Zandvoort

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by sbtm, Mar 2, 2020.

1. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    Hi,

will we see the new and updated Zandvoort track in Raceroom in the future?

• Agree Agree x 10
  2. Zziggy

Zziggy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +73 / 0 / -0
    What is new there, seems only new tarmac?

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
  3. Arcson

Arcson Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +99 / 0 / -0
    In case you're being serious. As far as I know the angle of the last 2 turns were to be changed by something around 18°, but I didn't really get the idea. Now I see that what they meant was to make them leaning instead of being flat :D

4. RoccoTTS

RoccoTTS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +534 / 0 / -0
    I would love to see the new version, but i would rather keep the original and add the new one.

• Agree Agree x 9
  5. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    Keeping the old as a "classic Layout" would be nice.
    The changes aren't that big, but especially the last corner was a bit of a challenge to get it right and keep speed for the long straight.
    Not totally sure but I think that Turn 4 (Hugenholtzbocht) has changed too and the Pit-Exit is totally different in the new Layout.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Zziggy

Zziggy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +73 / 0 / -0
  7. ducman888

ducman888 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +172 / 0 / -0
    I rather see the efforts go towards the wish list, in particular Mosport aka Canadian Tire etc... than adding a couple of banked turns.

• Agree Agree x 8
  8. wesker6664

wesker6664 Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    Well... personally i prefer less tracks, updated whenever possible to match the real ones. Speaking of Zandvoort the track will have great exposure this year, i think that quite a lot of people (especially newcomers) will expect the ingame circuit to be like the one they saw on TV...

• Agree Agree x 3
  9. CheerfullyInsane

CheerfullyInsane Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +402 / 0 / -0
    Zandvoort may get attention this year, I'm just not convinced it'll be the positive kind.
    Even with the banked turns, I'm fairly convinced that the F1 race will be pretty dull.
    (Well, more dull than F1 already is)
    Overtaking at Zandvoort is a cast-iron b*tch, even with cars that aren't so dependent on clean air.

Besides, the final turn in its previous configuration took skill/patience. With an 18 degree bank, I'm pretty sure you can just floor it all the way through.
    I'm with @ducman888 on this one. New tracks instead of spending time on this particular monstrosity.

• Agree Agree x 4
  10. Bull Shark

Bull Shark Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +162 / 0 / -0

• Like Like x 1
  11. RoccoTTS

RoccoTTS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +534 / 0 / -0
    Typical Dutch weather :D

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. Patrick van der Meulen

Patrick van der Meulen Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +101 / 0 / -0
    They adjusted some corners in the hope they created some overtaking possibilities. For 2020 I think it will be pretty boring indeed. It seems following another car is even more difficult than last year. But for 2021 things can turn the table significantly. More ground effect and less disturbance of the airflow at the back of the car.

And as a Dutchman, imho Zandvoort is a poor choice for F1. Yes it have its rich history. But that was then. Infrastructure is not capable of handling traffic for such an event. Assen would have been a better choice. But Nürburgring would be the best choice imho. Yes, it ain't the Netherlands, but it's a place where F1 should have a race once a year. A shame Bernie drove prices to an insane level for track organisators.

But, as a Dutchman... I sure will watch the race at Zandvoort with pride. Hopefully the race will prove wrong to my expectations.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1