Automobilista 2

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by RoccoTTS, May 25, 2019.

1. Andy Kettler

Andy Kettler Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +1,109 / 0 / -0
    Automobilista 2 Pre Release Beta Build | Stock Car V8 @ Red Bull Ring GP

• Like Like x 4
  2. Gopher04

Gopher04 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +237 / 0 / -0
    What I'm seeing in the video Andy is the same thing PC2 suffered from badly, there seems to be a huge amount of shimmering and jaggies going on, from the fences/barries and shadows, also would be interested if they have got the lights headlights actually working fully as in projecting the beam in the shadows, on the rear of cars and not only working when it was pitch black.

3. fbiehne

fbiehne Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +110 / 0 / -0
    You know that this is still a beta, right?

4. David_Wright

David_Wright Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    Yes this is what is really important. Stuff the frame-rate - can I see my headlights in daytime?

5. Gopher04

Gopher04 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +237 / 0 / -0
    Actuall yes it is at dusk, in PC2 you couldn't even see the corners sometimes in the shadows, and yes the beams need to light up other objects apart from the side of tracks, you don't want the same issues/faults PC2 had with AMS2, and this was a general equiry, also yes you can still have good frame rates with all featurs working ACC has proved this, and this equiry was pointed at Andy..

6. Badgerous

Badgerous Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +223 / 0 / -0
    Any reports from the Beta update #2?

7. Balrog

Balrog Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 0 / -0
    It haven't changed much to be honest.

8. FeltHλt

FeltHλt Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +479 / 0 / -0
    yup, waiting patiently for multi and trucks :confused:

• Like Like x 1
  9. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +102 / 0 / -0
    regarding physics, some changes were be made, a track was added and the mini HUD changed a bit, some graphical and audio changes, FFB refined, wheel rotation problems on the CSL were fixed, wheel rotation problems on DD wheels overlooked (all still WIP, some thrustmaster wheels still are slightly out of sync) AI evened out temporarly for testing...
    Updates aren't always about content.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Badgerous

Badgerous Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +223 / 0 / -0
    It's the FFB refinement that I'm curious about. Some Youtubers are suggesting it's a nudge in the right direction, but still not quite there..?

(Everything else is looking golden as far as I'm concerned..)

11. CrimsonEminence

Ratings:
    +102 / 0 / -0
    On a CSL, it's fantastic for most cars here, with exceptions...it's also about how you dial it in. Some DD users and other users in general do still miss some detail...it has 3 sliders for gain, FX amplifications and low force boost...it's no neverending story, but a bit of trying is still necessary, instead of just plugging in recommendations...FFB is highly subjective. I love the new R3E FFB for example, others get no feel for the car at all...

12. RoccoTTS

RoccoTTS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +534 / 0 / -0
    If i'm really honest the most important part of a sim, the physics and ffb are really good.
    Today i did a couple of races with both F3 cars on Brands Hatch GP(oops....sorry:p) and i was blown away how they drive.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. Balrog

Balrog Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 0 / -0
    But I haven't had issues with my wheel or the FFB in the first place. So again, it hasn't changed that much for me. Most of the bugs and missing things are still there.

14. CrimsonEminence

Ratings:
    +102 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, it's still factual not true, that almost nothing has changed. (see changelogs). There are just many things, that are happening under the hood.^^ (For example rolling resistance tweaking under rain conditions)

15. Balrog

Balrog Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 0 / -0
    We are three weeks from public release and many of the game's features doesn't work as intended or still yet to be tested. Renato and the crew won't have much sleep until the end of March (possibly even further). Trust me, I'm a software engineer.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2020
  16. CrimsonEminence

Ratings:
    +102 / 0 / -0
    It was communicated over and over, that 1.0 will not represent the full fleshed out game, of course it will not be finished...i agree, that eat/sleep/sh** will take a huge hit, especially in this phase, though.

I'm pretty sure, as software designer, you will also be aware about advanced builds (probably not only one), that are already prepared, also with a higher palette of features and being merged with the fixes for issues, that were made and reported out of the public build, to be added all together in the release candidate.
    I know Murphys Law, trust me. i'm musician. :p

17. Bull Shark

Bull Shark Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +162 / 0 / -0
    The thing I worried the most is the AI behavior. I really hope they can fix it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. fbiehne

fbiehne Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +110 / 0 / -0
    Yep, same here. The AI is quite poor atm.
    I doubt that they can fix this within release (=3 weeks) but I have hope that they can within the next months.

• Like Like x 1
  19. heppsan

heppsan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0

• Like Like x 1
  20. heppsan

heppsan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    First try of the new pedals. :)

• Like Like x 1