Question Custom Resolution ?

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Xandreela, May 30, 2015.

1. Xandreela

Xandreela Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Hello there.
    I have a question about the resolution, is this possible to customize it with two differents screens (for example, 5100x1080) ?
    I don't have any problem with iRacing or Assetto Corsa to customize it and move the window as I wish but I can't find a solution in R3E and it annoys me a little.
    I found something about modify the supported_resolutions.xml file on Internet but it does not show the custom resolution I typed in it or the launcher crash if I create a new one.

Here's what i want to do with Raceroom :
    [​IMG]

Thanks ;)

PS : Sorry if the question has already been asked.

Last edited: May 30, 2015
  2. Xandreela

Xandreela Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Anyone ? :)
    I'm using SoftTh at the moment, but it's not perfect (the game does not take the custom resolution I put ; *6000x1080*)... I don't have trouble with rFactor 2 too (tried it yesterday, had some freeze, but can see the vehicle correctly with both of my screens).

Sorry to up this topic, I know some guys have big issues/bugs with the last patch (fortunately, I have none of those, nothing that prevents me from having fun), but it is a little annoying for me, who used to play with two screens :p

Thanks anyway ;)

3. Sonat Ozturk

Sonat Ozturk Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,012 / 0 / -0
    Hi,

It may not work but have you tried editing the resolution (and aspect ratio) in graphics_options.xml located in your RaceRoom user folder? E.g. Documents\My Games\SimBin\RaceRoom Racing Experience\UserData

res.png
    the lines after the </latestVersion> are in order,
    width
    height
    screen bit depth
    refresh rate (Hz)
    full screen (true/false)
    Vsync (true/false)

I would try with full screen as false. If the resolution matches the native resolution of the monitor then the windowed game will be borderless. Just a suggestion as I'm sure proper full screen will not work.

4. Xandreela

Xandreela Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Hello and thanks for your concern.

I already tried it and, unfortunately, does not work. The xml file named "graphics_options.xml" reload itself by default with my screen native resolution, and in full screen.
    With SoftTh, the custom resolution (by example 6000x1080) is written in the graphics option, but the game itself just sums both of my screen width (4480x1080 in borderless).
    Because of that, I can't move the game window to place it as I wish.

Here's my problem :

[​IMG]

I don't know if I'm clear enough, english is not my native language :)

Sorry for ask something this selfish and thank you again *blush*

5. Xandreela

Xandreela Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Little up pretty please ? :p

6. AriBo

AriBo Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    Hello, i would like to do the same install as you (2 monitors = 1x 27" + 1x 19" on the left) with softth ... But for the moment it doesnt work on 3200 x 1024. I have got an half screen on the 19" ...
    Did you succed ?