Bug Accident =White flag?

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by joe.stricklin, Mar 2, 2020.

1. joe.stricklin

joe.stricklin New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    When Crewchief is running I get a "white flag in XXXX" when there is an accident.

Should it be a yellow flag?

2. yoori

yoori Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +103 / 0 / -0
    I white flag means slow car.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Goffik

Goffik Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +170 / 0 / -0
    Yellow flag essentially means danger, slow down, no overtaking. Usually when a car is off the track, facing the wrong way, stationary, etc. White is just a caution to watch out for a slower moving car, probably someone getting back up to speed after the accident itself.

4. Nico Kunze

Nico Kunze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +395 / 0 / -0
    Havent paid attention to it in a while but there have been quite a few times when i got shown a white flag when i wouldve expected a yellow one (while being well aware of their meanings ;)). Perhaps when several cars are involved in the accident and one of them is getting back up to speed while others are still stationary the white flag somehow gets prioritised by the game when prioritising yellow flags would be more logical. Just a guess tho

5. Goffik

Goffik Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +170 / 0 / -0
    That's possible, yes. There haven't been many incidents recently that I've been close to, so I'm not sure how R3E handles situations like that.

6. ndwthx1138

ndwthx1138 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +101 / 0 / -0
    In sim racing the white flag is the scariest thing on the track! It means someone is likely going slow to take revenge on someone coming around.. A lot of intentional wreckers get this flag.. I generally go into high alert when I see a white.. Yellow is far less scary.. which of course should not be the case.. just is what it is..

7. DrKarotte

DrKarotte Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    I had a couple of white flags lately in a custom championship when I would have expected yellow flags. The reason was that the flag rules weren't set to full.

8. Dave Brown65

Dave Brown65 Member

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0
    I have seen this too. T1 at the Nurburgring will say white flag and you see cars spinning and stopped on the track. I have also seen this at other tracks