Problem Race starts me in someone else's car

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Azfalt Raser, Jun 23, 2015.

1. Azfalt Raser

Azfalt Raser Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +162 / 0 / -0
    My Raceroom was updated today when I signed on.

Then......
    This has never happened to me before. I've read about other people having this issue though.

The first race, I started in my car (single player mode). Drove 10 of 15 minutes.
    I restarted the race after several off track excursions.
    I don't know who's car I started in, but it wasn't mine. Race starts and I see my car spin off track....restart.
    Again started in some other car.
    I did see my car sitting still on the grid as the car, I was on, drove past.

And in the first race, I kept seeing a car occasionally blinking in front of me. You could barely tell, but something would flash very quickly.

Could this be internet related?
    After I quit the game, I could not access the internet with my browser.
    Still....I find it strange that I could keep connecting to a server to play a game, but not get internet access through any browser.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. ElNino

ElNino Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +475 / 0 / -0
    Wow never seen that, but i do end up in the pits with other cars overlaying mine sometimes -often, actually

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. goldtop

goldtop Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +50 / 0 / -0
    Same thing happened to me and can't resolve so came here to find a solution. Bit of a gamestopper :(

4. goldtop

goldtop Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +50 / 0 / -0
    Tried a few things and eventually found a workaround. Hit esc, choose retire from race and then choose restart. You should now be back in your car. It's a workaround and not a fix so needs some attention from devs.

IIRC there was an option in Race07 where you could toggle through other cars on grid and back to your own but can't see how to do that in RRE. Maybe that has something to do with it.

5. ObySan

ObySan New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    DTM Exterience race at Norisring - Bruno Spengler was my car. Did practice and Q1 but didn't qualify for Q2.Race started with my camera view in leaders car and looked like I was in the pits not even in the race .. couldn't figure out any workaround so quit.Tried different car race only and had exact same result. tried the restart work around listed above but no luck ... always was in another car besides mine.

6. ObySan

ObySan New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    OK , so went back and tried again (need to get my DTM fix)... the DTM single race started fine but when I restarted the race after first turn pile up at Norisring the camera had now shifted to the next car back on the grid. I tried goldtops work around and indeed he is right- it worked. FYI my camera change button is the X button on my Logitech DFGT if that helps. Using mouse to navigate pause menus.

7. SylverFyre

SylverFyre Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +78 / 0 / -0
    I've had this a lot in DTM2013. Frustrating when it happens. I have to repeatedly retire and restart until I eventually get back into the right car. Sometimes it happens while in the pits starting practice/qually.

The games still great, but this is a bug that needs some attention :)

8. CirKan

CirKan Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    The same here;

Since the beginning of the free weekend, it is impossible to play offline against the AI. When the race begins, I appear in a car that is not mine (always the first), the race begins and I can not do anything but watch.

9. Rodger Davies

Rodger Davies Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +594 / 0 / -0
    Guys, when this happens, quickly press 'enter' on your numeric pad, it will take you to your car. I'm not sure if there's a way to remap this setting.

Let me know if it works as I'm not at home to test right now, but it's an old gMotor trick.

• Winner Winner x 2
  10. J-F Chardon

J-F Chardon KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +5,041 / 0 / -0
    Is there any chance you've pressed keys on your NumPad like + and - ? These are shortcuts to switch to another car. Like @Rodger Davies says, NumPad Enter key resets the camera to your own car. Guess we should disable that, not sure why it's still there tbh.

11. Rujasu

Rujasu New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    It seems to happen pretty consistently with restarting races. I don't actually have a numpad so I doubt I have anything to do with it happening.
    For the same reason I can't do much else to it than quit out of the session, so being able to remap those keys would be greatly appreciated.

12. Rodger Davies

Ratings:
    +594 / 0 / -0
    Please don't disable that unless you need to to solve something; it's nice being able to watch the AI race each other sometimes.

Bit more info on that bug here: https://forum.sector3studios.com/index.php?threads/starting-race-in-ai-car.1398

Anyone that's having it, try raising the number of visible cars to a number equal to or greater than the number of cars you're racing against.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2015
  13. Rujasu

Rujasu New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    I was afraid that was the cause. Time to do some visual effect trimming.

14. CirKan

CirKan Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for the help, your advice has solved the problem.

15. VtecTAN

VtecTAN Active Member

Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0
    today in cockpit camera and dashboard the gear display was stuck on 3rd gear...and before race start i tried to down shift some gears and i starded in reverse :) at the begining i believed i was in someone else car

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. Madruben

Madruben New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    It happened to me either. Been told in another thread that happens when using the pause button, So to pause the game and avoid this use the instant replay button instead.

17. Rodger Davies

Ratings:
    +594 / 0 / -0
    I think we worked out that it is to do with the 'visible cars' feature. Make sure all cars are visible and you should be fine. If it won't work that way, hit 'enter' on the numeric pad when you start.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Madruben

Madruben New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thanks Rodger!!!, Will try it. I reduce this feature trying to get better frame rate but didn`t gain much and also is very annoying seeing the cars popping up during replay.

19. Slythe

Slythe Member

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0
    Had the same issues after turning down the visible cars to 10 in order to get more FPS and can confirm that this 'bug' seems to be related to the number of visible cars and the number of choosen AI-cars (had 18 AI-cars).
    And can confirm as well that the enter-key-solution works ;). But I really hope the devs are finding a proper way to avoid this issue