Hi everyone, I am a newb to the pc world of sim racing

Discussion in 'Knowledge Base' started by Ozzyranger, Apr 5, 2020.

1. Ozzyranger

Ozzyranger New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi, these may be obvious or silly questions I'm about to ask but here goes.
    - I have only just had a few races on the free pack to see how my gtx 1070 and it 76ook can handle the game. So far I'm at 1440p, 70 to 100 frames, any tips for getting the game a little more crisp?
    - can I change the off line ai difficulty?
    - what is the best pack, cars and tracks for the price for me to get into the game further?
    Thanks for any replies in advance as I much appreciate your time and advice ;)

2. FeltHλt

FeltHλt Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +478 / 0 / -0
    1. try disabling fxaa and motion blur and see if it helps and is good enough
    2. yes, its there where you pick track, car etc
    3. premium pack, assuming that you buy vrps here https://www.raceroomstore.com/shop_en/list_page?cat=24

• Like Like x 1
  3. Larry Foster

Larry Foster Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    @Ozzyranger Welcome to the gang sir. No stupid questions here just info to help you get the Fever of Sim Racing

4. MattStone

MattStone Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +169 / 0 / -0
    welcome to the world of endless spending on hardware and if you are married start saving for a divorce now and at least put a picture of your kids alongside your desk so you don't forget you have some!

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. Ozzyranger

Ozzyranger New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Lol, my wife has already said she's lost me for days, luckily my kids are all grown up and moved out. PC sim racing foes seem to be a lot of outlay but wanted the variety of sim racing you dont get on console

6. Ozzyranger

Ozzyranger New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi and thanks for your tips, I will soon look into those settings and give them a tweak. I can go 4k but hit low fps, I'll try what you have mentioned. :)

7. Ozzyranger

Ozzyranger New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thanks Larry, all the tips and hints are gladly welcomed

8. Ozzyranger

Ozzyranger New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi

9. Ozzyranger

Ozzyranger New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi PanVik, thanks for that suggestion, I will certainly try that next time I'm on pc, cheers!

10. Paul Darke

Paul Darke Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +249 / 0 / -0
    If you do decide to buy content always buy vRP from Raceroom - https://www.raceroomstore.com/shop_en/list_page?cat=24
    You will need to create an account in there.
    If you decide to start with single single cars or track purchases and then buy a pack later, any content you already own will be discounted ie you will not be charged twice. Final point to remember you can only buy the premium pack once. it will only contain content that is available at the time of purchase. Any content released after that time needs to be purchased separately.

11. Ozzyranger

Ozzyranger New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for that paul! Once pay day comes I will look into some car and track packs, I will tweak some settings to get it looking as good as it can then hit the tarmac

12. Heath

Heath Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +136 / 0 / -0
  13. Paul Darke

Paul Darke Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +249 / 0 / -0
    @Heath I already asked for the same reason you did. UK.