"Lap Doesn't Count" extremely annoying.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Eric James, Apr 7, 2020.

1. Eric James

Eric James New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Question. Is it possible to remove the "lap doesn't count" when cutting/or going off course during a single player Practice session? Perhaps, if one restarts or goes back to the garage, that could wipe out that penalty? Very frustrating when trying to work on a specific part of a course and have to redu the entire lap. Sure I know, I'll just get better at the rest of the course, but would be nice to just be able to rewind, or restart the course.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. Arcson

Arcson Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +99 / 0 / -0
    But what's the point? The laptime you make while cutting the track isn't representive anyway, so why would you need it? Also, rewinding a bad move in practice session isn't a thing in reality, and since Raceroom is trying to imitate it as close as possibile I'm totally against :p

• Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2020
  3. Tim Heinemann

Tim Heinemann Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +98 / 0 / -0
    As we should aim to get it as close as possible to reality this is a true point.
    In real life the time on the dashboard in the car is still counting and showing you the delta time, the lap will get invalidated by race control afterwards.
    Of course a lap should get invalidated by the game if there was a cut, but the dashboard should still count the laptime and show you the delta in-game. Would be a good improvement imo.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. Zziggy

Zziggy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +73 / 0 / -0
    I think there is a line in the options, in German it´s called Spieleinblendungen (so it might be something like Message display), if you set this to none the message will not appear I guess.