New Features/ Options wishlist 2020-2021

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Turtle Power, Dec 16, 2019.

1. wsimonds04

wsimonds04 Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0
    Its interesting to see the variety of things people want. Somethings that are mentioned, I would never have thought of, probably because I just play the game one way in my own little world, so I only think about what will improve that.
    Beside all the other ideas mentioned, I'd like:
    1) End of race details. The ability to see individual driver lap times from the race etc.
    2) A fully customizable career mode
    3) The ability to change ALL the individual race settings within the championship on a race to race basis. (time of day, race length)
    4) Intelligent pit stop strategy for AI cars (so they don't pull into the pits in the last lap)
    5) More customizable AI settings. I thought the iRacing AI update that was just released, had done a good job of letting the user tweak things to what they want, rather then having ones hands tied.

• Agree Agree x 5
  2. Balrog

Balrog Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 0 / -0
    As someone who helps organizing races and therefore often has to switch between driving in VR and creating promo stuff and reviewing incident reports on the desktop, I truly miss a small feature in RR from ACC: saveable graphics settings presets. It would be really cool if we could just switch between the profiles with one or two clicks instead of manually changing and resetting every option.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. dav_0075

dav_0075 Member

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0
    Development time/ game improvement: GREAT TROP LONG
    No real communication on the roadmap: developer project, game orientation ...
    historical content too incomplete DTM 1995 2003 2005 (only the Mercedes for almost 2 years)
    GROUP C GROUP 4: 2 cars only ....
    In my opinion it is better less category but complete than a multitude of series with few cars ...

I will not talk about the flagship category (multiplayer - solo) of the game GT3 GT4 because after several hundred hours on raceroom for almost 4 years and the full purchase of the game I have landed since January 2020 in favor of ACC ... following its very big improvements

It seems to me difficult for raceroom to compete with ACC regarding the upcoming gt3 and gt4 (too much delay on many points: dynamic weather licenses etc.) but being a fan of raceroom it is necessary to "distinguish" by proposing "other things": complete history in the image dtm 92 ... FIA GT1 1997-1998 ... GROUP C, 4 and 5 COMPLET unmissable circuit (the mans sebring daytona ok the Glen .. magny course estoril interlagos ) etc etc ... Modern graphics engine ...

Temps de développement / amélioration du jeu : BEAUCOUP BEAUCOUP TROP LONG
    Pas vraiment de communication sur la feuille de route : projet des développeurs, orientation du jeu ...
    contenu historique trop incomplet DTM 1995 2003 2005 (uniquement la Mercedes depuis bientôt 2 ans)
    GROUPE C GROUPE 4 : 2 voitures seulement ….
    Selon moi il vaut mieux moins de catégorie mais complète qu'une multitude de série avec peu de voitures...

Je ne parlerai pas de la catégorie phare (multijoueur + solo) du jeu GT3 GT4 car après plusieurs centaines d'heures sur raceroom depuis bientôt 4 ans et l'achat complet du jeu j'ai décroché depuis janvier 2020 au profit de ACC …suite à ses très grosses améliorations

Il me semble difficile pour raceroom de rivaliser avec ACC concernant le gt3 et gt4 à venir ( trop de retard sur beaucoup de points : licences météo dynamique etc ) mais étant fan de raceroom il faut de « démarquer » en proposant « autres choses » : historique complet à l image du dtm 92 ...FIA GT1 1997-1998 ...GROUPE C, 4 et 5 COMPLET circuit incontournable ( le mans sebring daytona ok le Glen ..magny cours estoril interlagos ) etc etc ...moteur graphique moderne ...

• Like Like x 2
  4. majuh

majuh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +257 / 0 / -0
    Somebody wrote a batch script for that:

https://forum.sector3studios.com/in...graphics-settings-profiles.12933/#post-174822

5. R.Noctua

R.Noctua Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +99 / 0 / -0
    DX11.

In my opinion, it is wrong that the best simracing game has no modern graphics. Yes, it even looks nice with DX9, but we can only imagine how it would look with DX11.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2020
  6. majuh

majuh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +257 / 0 / -0
    It would look exactly the same with DX11 because the rendering API doesn't influence the graphics quality without further work.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. aSab

aSab Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    I would like to have
    - the option to link 2 or even 3 buttons to the same control (keyboard, steering wheel, arduino, mouse...),
    - and if this gets implemented, you should allow keyboard combos with ALT, CTRL, SHIFT as well,
    - as well as the option of toggle / hold for at least some of them where it absolutely makes sense.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. R.Noctua

R.Noctua Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +99 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, I know what you're talking about. It was the same when RF2 switched to DX11 - all the content was redone.

9. Beastux

Beastux Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +288 / 0 / -0
    Some real cars have cockpit adjustable anti-roll bars. I don't really know how many Raceroom cars have this feature IRL but it might be interesting to have this capability.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Balrog

Balrog Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 0 / -0
    That's nice, but still.:rolleyes: External batch scripts are hardly future-proof and stuff.

11. FormelLMS

FormelLMS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +229 / 0 / -0
    Moving mirrors with your own car parts
    Marshalls with waving flags
    Manual standing and manual rolling start in multiplayer
    I have forgotten. Now I'm three times in this thread.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  12. wesker6664

wesker6664 Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    1. Being able to spectate when DNF. That would be sooo great !!
    2. Manual control during cool down lap
    3. Race informations not only in the servers list but also in the pre race menus (mandatory pitstop, rules, ...)

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  13. OldFart

OldFart Active Member

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    Definitely agree with this one

14. Olaf Hülse

Olaf Hülse Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +505 / 0 / -0
    One thing I noticed:
    More options to define your race weekend style in Singleplayer
    It's in Multiplayer, it would be fun to really create a 3 race Weekend with the TCR's

Greetings

• Like Like x 1
  15. memoNo1

memoNo1 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +155 / 0 / -0
    Please make the TC and ABS funky switch buttons on the Fanatec Wheel F1 V2 compatible.

16. pierredietze

pierredietze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +232 / 0 / -0
    Because many races are time based, i'd like to have to option to change the fuel consumption between liter/lap and liter/min in setup screen. It's every time a pain in the ass calculate the amount of fuel to start with for a "X" minute race.
    Thanks!

17. Paul Darke

Paul Darke Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +249 / 0 / -0
    Crew Chief can do it for you.

• Winner Winner x 1
  18. keanos

keanos Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +137 / 0 / -0
    And also OtterHUD.