Safety Ratings?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by nickh158, Apr 8, 2020.

1. nickh158

nickh158 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +69 / 0 / -0
    I wasn`t aware these existed; I thought the MP was purely an ELO ranking system.
    Where would I find mine, and how are they measured (JustRace is a % rating)?
    Thanks.

2. inthebagbud

inthebagbud Member

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0
  3. Nico Kunze

Nico Kunze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +396 / 0 / -0
    Youll find it under "reputation" on the page that @inthebagbud posted. Dont know exactly how theyre measured but the scale seems to go from 0 to 100 which could suggest looking at it as percentages. The only thing i do know is that everybody starts at 50 and the more/the fewer incident points you get the more your reputation will drop/rise

4. pjamasster

pjamasster New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    How do I increase my reputation if it’s too low to join a ranked server?

5. Nico Kunze

Nico Kunze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +396 / 0 / -0
    In general drive races (same for quali sessions minus the disconnects) on the ranked servers in which you dont get many incidents (so try going for no spins, contacts (with walls or other cars), off-tracks, disconnects and so on). If you cant join any of the ranked servers tho you might have a bigger problem that i cant help you with

• Like Like x 1
  6. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    There will always be servers that have no limits so there will always be options. To increase reputation you just need to accrue a low number of incident points per race. So do not collide with others and do not go off track. To increase you rating you must place well relative to others in the race. Since often there are a number of DNFs per race it is imperitive that you finish. Do not quit the server before theend of a race. In fact do not leave the server until the resilts page has been displayed. If you drive safely and are not completely useless your reputation and rating will rise.

7. nickh158

nickh158 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +69 / 0 / -0
    Yes thanks. I must have missed the reputation ratings when I looked before.
    Just one more question though: how do I search a name?
    Thanks

8. taonindo

taonindo New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Surly we dont have to search each page to find our name...that would be just plain ignorant. So what is the key?

9. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    join discord https://discord.gg/3xR8zt

type
    !your ingame name

and you will get a pm , with the details
    !servers
    tells you what servers are up

Andi

10. Arthur Spooner

Arthur Spooner Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432 / 0 / -0
    Hi Andi, it's actually

!rank <your_ingame_name>

11. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    it was a pre coffee answer

Andi

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. taonindo

taonindo New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    type in where? should it look like this '' rank name " or do i need the " ! _ < > " stuff too?

13. Arthur Spooner

Arthur Spooner Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432 / 0 / -0
    Type it into the chat of the RaceRoom Discord channel. If your ingame name - the one that shows up for the other drivers too - was player1, you would need to type exactly this:

!rank player1

After you did so the RaceRoomAI bot will start a private conversation with you and will send you a message with all your ranking stats. This message will also contain a link you can click on that redirects you directly to your entry in the ranking list. This private conversation will stay in Discord, so later you can go directly there to type your commands to the bot, so that you don't need to spam the normal channels with it. You can also type !servers (without any parameters) to show a list of the ranked servers. Not quite as useful as the !rank command (it's missing the session the server is in right now), but still contains a link to the top of the ranking list with the servers listed there too.

14. taonindo

taonindo New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Got it, thank you. Just not used to this kinda thing...way to much going on lol