Released Game update - 8th April 2020

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by J-F Chardon, Apr 8, 2020.

1. Dave Brown65

Dave Brown65 Member

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0
    Had an off track in WTCR 19 and the new dirt on tires is so great. takes longer to clean and are more greasy when dirty

• Like Like x 1
  2. switchface

switchface Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +111 / 0 / -0
    Can you provide a list of all cars on the new physics model? The DTM '92 are so much fun, I'm trying to stick to my cars that are on the current model. Maybe we can make a sticky to show versioning?

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. BeefMcQueen

BeefMcQueen Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +183 / 0 / -0
  4. switchface

switchface Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +111 / 0 / -0
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2020
  5. Hélder

Hélder New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Thanks guys for this update, amazing (and i see a new interesting folders in Raceroom game folders...)

6. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    Yeah that page is maintained by a community member so not always updated. Off the top of my head classes that are newest or very new are GT3, GT4, Porsche 911 cup, FR90, Sillouette, TCR, DTM92, Touring Classics, Porsche Cup Classic, Croup 4, Group C, Aquilla, M1 Procar......Most other content is still up to a very good standard. WTCC and G5 are some way behind at present. (this isnt an exhaustive list, I just cant remember everything)

• Like Like x 1
  7. Badgerous

Badgerous Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +223 / 0 / -0
    The new transmission whine on the GT3s is fantastic. - Great job.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. Turtle Power

Turtle Power Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    Thank you Sector 3. You are wonderful and very good listener. You deserve all the best!!!!

9. CDwyer

CDwyer Member

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0
    Includes Daytona folder

• Informative Informative x 1
  10. ZRT PINOUROO

ZRT PINOUROO New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Bonjour,
    Pourquoi n'est il toujours pas possible de régler la pression des pneus sur certains type de voitures, alors qu'avant la mis à jour de novembre c'était le cas.
    Merci pour votre réponse et pour l'ensemble des soins que vous apportez au développement de votre simulation.

Bonne journée.

11. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    not all cars have been updated to the nest physics, tyre model ; also when in mp some servers have fixed setups , so no changes allowed ;
    can you list the cars that you cannot change tyre pressures on , and i wll check

Andi

12. TDIdriving

TDIdriving Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    Thanks Sector 3 for Simucube Wheelrange Support. My Update is only 3.9 GB. Is this ok?...

Best regards

13. Bull Shark

Bull Shark Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +162 / 0 / -0
    You have to send them some beer to make it 4,1GB. Sorry, that is how things works.:D

• Funny Funny x 2
  14. Anthony Monteil

Anthony Monteil KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +1,199 / 0 / -0
    Thank you so much Badgerous, I was really worried about what you guys would think about it, but I feel a bit better now, especially about the GT3 cars ;)

• Like Like x 8
    • Love it! Love it! x 2
  15. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +279 / 0 / -0
    Has the "getting stuck in the pits if you are on auto control and change your pit request while under computer control" data been fixed?

16. Badgerous

Badgerous Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +223 / 0 / -0
    No problem. I've spent a lot of time in Automobilista 2 over the last week, and upon returning to try the latest update it was immediately clear just how far ahead RRE's audio is by comparison. :)

• Agree Agree x 4
  17. Krystian Sulkiewicz

Krystian Sulkiewicz Member

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    Chapeau bas by Anthony Monteil :):):). This is a groundbreaking update for this simulator.:D:D:D The independence of the transmission sound from the sound of the engine definitely improves immersion. The new sounds of tires, pit limiter and speed limiter are a great thing. RaceRoom definitely goes in the right direction. I noticed that the BMW M6 GT3 has no transmission sound. Was this the deliberate procedure? However, there is one small minus of the update. Backfires are no longer heard from inside the car. Can they be restored somehow?

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
  18. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +102 / 0 / -0
    I have to say, it's good that we've finally some more believeable transmission whine in the cars, but it's not so good, how it actually sounds.
    Example Porsche GT3-R (2019)
    The car itself doesn't sound very natural to begin with, the engine sample seems "overdriven" and crackling already since release, now the whine is finally added more and noticeable, but it doesn't sound as visceral and "natural", as it could. It sounds a bit "toy-ish" to be honest.
    I read the term "digital" sounding of this car and i tend to agree there, as happy as i am, that it finally has any good noticeable transmission sounds.

EDIT:
    The AMG GT3 is sounding better, for example. It could be the mix between the engine and the whine influencing each others frequencies.
    Overall the whine could be more "screechy", especially on the Porsche cars, i don't know if that makes sence. If somebody complaints about it being too loud, they could just try going down with the transmission volume. :D

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Balrog

Balrog Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 0 / -0
    Btw, is there a recommended volume for transmission whine? I like the changes in general, but for example in the Golf TCR, it sounds a bit exaggerated at 100%, the transmission whine is the dominant sound onboard, the engine is like a quiet background noise in comparsion.

20. ducman888

ducman888 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +172 / 0 / -0
    @Balrog I have been using these settings through several updates and the transmission whine is just enough to get the feel but not to where you are going to be driven insane.
    upload_2020-4-9_11-45-40.png upload_2020-4-9_11-47-52.png

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 4