April Update

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by memoNo1, Mar 31, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. olli green

olli green Member

Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    So no new content available tonight, right? (just had a quick look at the google doc)

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. Beastux

Beastux Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +288 / 0 / -0
    And still no reset of the old leaderboards (Touring Classic...). :(

• Like Like x 1
  3. Nico Kunze

Nico Kunze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +396 / 0 / -0
    So you werent even kidding ;) :D

Attached Files:

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
  4. Rodger Davies

Rodger Davies Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +594 / 0 / -0
  5. Jetsun

Jetsun Active Member

Ratings:
    +42 / 0 / -0
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Manni Struck

Manni Struck New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    since that update my SimuCUBE 1 doesn't work anymore with Raceroom. It's all over the place and I can't get it back to work - no matter what I do.
    Deleted the "device_statistics.xml", tried a new profile with the SC Granity tool, even de- and re-installed R3E... nothing helped :-(

Any hints anybody ...?

7. Hervé45

Hervé45 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +135 / 0 / -0
  8. Foofer37

Foofer37 Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    Sector 3 now reminds me of George Lucas. Always changing things, and often, not for the better.
    The new Porsche 911 GT3 sounds are very poor, to say the least. It ruins the car for me. The sounds are very digital sounding with gear changes just sounding so fake.
    As a customer, I make investments in this game. I buy cars and tracks that I like and that are special. But then they get changed and it makes the investment a waste. Please leave stuff alone. It's getting old. Especially with FFB and car handling. It takes months of tweaking to get the feel correct again and find another car I might enjoy and get the most out of. It's just becoming not worth the effort anymore.

• Dislike Dislike x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 4
    • Agree Agree x 3
  9. Manni Struck

Manni Struck New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    [QUOTE="Hervé45,....[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the hint. I tried the settings from the JPG. Looks like it is the Bumbstopp Setting enabled in the
    SimuCUBE Configuration Tool.
    If disabled the wheel works again ...! ;)

10. wesker6664

wesker6664 Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    You should just try to adapt like real drivers do (new rules, cars and parts, tires, etc). There are many games out there that don't have any dev support anymore, please leave S3 guys alone and let us enjoy RRE and it's ever evolving physics and FFB :p

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  11. Hervé45

Hervé45 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +135 / 0 / -0
    [QUOTE = "Manni Struck, poste: 200264, membre: 15017"] [QUOTE = "Hervé45, .... [/ QUOTE]

Merci pour l'astuce. J'ai essayé les paramètres du JPG. Il semble que ce soit le paramètre Bumbstopp activé dans le
    Outil de configuration SimuCUBE. Si elle est désactivée, la roue fonctionne à nouveau ...! ;)[/CITATION]

[url = https: //postimages.org/] [​IMG]

12. Olaf Hülse

Olaf Hülse Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +505 / 0 / -0
    I agree with that too. Was just wondering why I was that slow and thought that the new and better steering wheel was a bad idea :)

Greetings

13. Beastux

Beastux Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +288 / 0 / -0
    I was way slower for weeks when I switched from my G25 to my Accuforce V2 but now it's the opposite. ;)

• Like Like x 2
  14. SwaggerJacker

SwaggerJacker Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +79 / 0 / -0
    When I drive in R3E lately (even before the patch) I kinda feel like I'm on a slippery surface, or just barely skimming the road surface. Or the road is butter smooth. Hard to explain. Even harder to explain is what the heck did I do to get here? I was having the best "feel" of any other sim before this. Really bummed.
    I mean update. Sorry

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Foofer37

Foofer37 Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    Adapt to sounds that are not good anymore? Adapt to playing with game settings for hours? Has nothing to do with what you're talking about.
    Give it 6 months and you'll be on here saying exactly what I am saying. That's usually what happens when I post. Everyone disagrees, then 6 months later they all say what I said in an earlier post. :)

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  16. Arthur Spooner

Arthur Spooner Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432 / 0 / -0
    Please don't count me in on this one...

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. RoccoTTS

RoccoTTS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +534 / 0 / -0
    Sorry to say, ...........edited by me ........ Andi

• Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 10, 2020
  18. DonaemouS

DonaemouS New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I don't know if this is the right place to discuss the latest 2020 April update.

Most of the new features are welcome and the changes to all cars made the game looks better and sometimes even a completely new game. But, naturally, we have to discuss what instead is something weak here. Especially in a ranked race.

Let's take an example: I'm a new driver, and I start with my 1600 points. First race: to avoid a car coming from the back crashing on me, I try to give the way, but I perhaps touch the grass with the front left tire and the car spun, hitting the wall just near the track. Well, the front suspension is partially gone, I try to continue: the car is undrivable, And I go to pit to try to fix, but the time is so long and I decide to retire.

Now, this will be my unique and last ranked race; cause my points will drop to 1550, and there is no chance to get my points back, cause there is no other server to regain what was lost.

I love, I absolutely love the idea to try to move apart trolls and crashers from nice and fair races. But instead persevere the right way of Incidents counts, with this update is like was introduced a sort of copy and paste of some features present in other games, but that does not completely work or fit in R3E ranked scenario.

Maybe I'm missing something. Like the chance to recover ranking points, maybe through the leaderboards? Maybe all the online mp servers are now ranked? Or what?

19. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    audi tt server is ranked with no limits on it

Andi

20. Zziggy

Zziggy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +73 / 0 / -0
    What do you mean, start with 1600 points? It used to be 1500 when I started....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.