Released Game update - 8th April 2020

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by J-F Chardon, Apr 8, 2020.

1. Krystian Sulkiewicz

Krystian Sulkiewicz Member

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    When you driving a race car, you don't hear the sounds of the surroundings, but they stayed for some reason:confused::confused::confused:. In the general roar of the engine and transmission whine, you can hardly hear the tires. But... setting the tires sounds in game a little louder than in real life helps us feel better sense the moment when we overdo it at a speed when cornering.

If there was a separate volume slider for sounds from outside and inside the car there would be no such problem. Everyone would set it at their own discretion.;)

Ps. Sorry for my English

2. tobiaspitzer

tobiaspitzer Active Member

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -0
    Both Daytona and the Porsche 911RSR can already be found in the game files.

• Like Like x 3
  3. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +790 / 0 / -0
    indeed and im driving them .......
    woop :)

Andi

• Like Like x 3
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 3
  4. ducman888

ducman888 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +172 / 0 / -0
    A little less typie and a lot more testie please.;)

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. Zziggy

Zziggy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +73 / 0 / -0
    I´ve seen Daytona Internation Raceway in Multiplayer today, how come?:p

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +790 / 0 / -0
    testing possibly for the owners? , so they can give the final consent..?

Andi

• Informative Informative x 2
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2020
  7. majuh

majuh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +257 / 0 / -0
    The new upshifts sound really strange in the FR X-17. It doesn't make sense that the engine volume is increased during the upshift. @Anthony Monteil

8. Olaf Hülse

Olaf Hülse Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +505 / 0 / -0
    DTM 13-14-15-16 rev limiter sounds very different, but I can't tell you if it's closer to reality or not ;)

Greetings

9. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    Sounds of the 911 GT3 R (2019) seem to be messed up now. When shifting, it sometimes sounds very weird and unnatural. Maybe it needs another revision.

• Agree Agree x 3
  10. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +102 / 0 / -0
    It sounds very weird since actual release last year in my opinion. The engine sound is very "in your face" but not the naturally believeable way and still also very "thin", the new (finally noticeable, though) transmission whine sounds so tame and is still pretty low in volume, even with 100% transmission volume and, when it runs into the limiter it's kind of "crackly".

In my opinion, also the old GT3-R sounded better before its update in interiour sounds, last year. It was somewhat more noticeable, that there is a sound sample playing, but it was WAY more alive and the whine (even if not absolutely correctly modelled into the whole deal) was way more believeable, how it should be, in terms of a screeching loud transmission.

The newer transmission whine is like a mewl in comparison and seems like a compromise, to not upset users, that haven't found the transmission volume slider yet. :p

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. Turtle Power

Turtle Power Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    Actually I've noticed that too.

12. Roman TRT

Roman TRT Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +77 / 0 / -0
    Group C is more or less a new class and has been updated again. And I was waiting and hoping for an update to Group 5. Any plans for an update?

• Like Like x 1
  13. FeltHλt

FeltHλt Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +478 / 0 / -0
    I expected it in the last update, maybe needed little more work. There's always hope its gonna come with daytona and rsr ;)

• Like Like x 2
  14. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    Newer classes are easier to brush up to current standards. Group 5 is more or less started from scratch so it takes longer.........

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. krimmler

krimmler Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +51 / 0 / -0
    For me the new sound is not too bad, but not really good too. It´s difficult to discribe, the transmission whine is very loud in real, but you can hear the scream from the flat 6 engine in the background too. Just like the video:

I can imagine that it´s very difficult to create the sound from this car, because just every onboard sounds different and all in this car is very loud. For me it´s okay to hear more engine sound than this transmission whine. If I drive one hour or more in practise or race the head explodes from this whine :D. The update sound from the old GT3R in game was good, loud engine and low transmission whine. But that´s just my opinion.

Just a small thing from the new Porsche, the tires are wrong by three liveries. The Iron Force Porsche #8 runs in game with Pirelli tires like GT Masters, but it´s the VLN car, that have Michelin tires.

iron_force_racing.jpg

Same thing with the #911 in camouflage runs with Pirelli tires and in real it have Michelin tires. I know there are some pictures in web with Pirelli but in VLN they had Michelin.
    And the Falken #4 in camouflage, runs with Pirelli, but the Falken team have allways his own tires ;).
    Just what I noticed, that´s not like real.

• Like Like x 2
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2020
  16. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    yeah.. the 911s seem to be the children of sorrow soundwise. :D I think when the weird behaviour of the sound when shifting in the GT3-R 2019 is gone I will be fine with it :D

The general transmission whine is not the problem here imo, I like this. It's something else here in this case.

Maybe I can catch what I mean on video and post it here.

17. ravey1981

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    Do you mean the weird boomy noise when you upshift?

18. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    idk... it doesn't happen always. It sounds like the engine is going full throttle while clutch is released during the upshift. Usually the engine software should cut the throttle.

something like that

19. ravey1981

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    It's something that was introduced to make the shifts sound a bit more "brutal" but it needs some fine tuning I think. There's a few cars that sound odd.

20. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    I just watched the replay from yesterday but I don't hear what I mean in the onboard replay. I'm confused.. have to go on the track again to confirm. In the replay it sounds fine.