OpenVR support

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by RaceRoom, Jan 25, 2017.

1. sergeich

sergeich Active Member

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0
    which CPU you use?

2. troch22

troch22 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    i9 7980XE overclocked to 4.5

3. sergeich

sergeich Active Member

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0
    my ryzen3 2600 is not so fun :)

4. troch22

troch22 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I hear ya man... my old PC i just upgraded from was a i5-6600k GTX980.

5. Botond Molnar

Botond Molnar New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
  6. fl0wf1r3

fl0wf1r3 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +235 / 0 / -0
    Hey, what exactly is your problem? Performacne?
    Raceroom is still using DirectX9 which is by now 10 years old, right? that the main reason why Raceroom performs so bad in VR :( I have 8700k overclocked and a RTX 2080 Ti. The GPU is at aground 30-40% and the CPU maxed out on a single core. Its not fun with Raceroom compared to Asstto Corsa + SOL. What every I tried in the video settings, its bad.

The AI is crashing on the Nordschleife, single class or multi-class (trying to imitate VLN ^^ )
    I gave it up.

7. Botond Molnar

Botond Molnar New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Yes performance my problem...
    If you watch the video you see there is not a single core, the processor is loaded at max 30%! GPU pfff 20-50% I've never seen such shit ....

8. FeltHλt

FeltHλt Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +478 / 0 / -0
    even dx11 is older :D:p

9. Ciccina2016

Ciccina2016 Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    This explains why performance headroom is 100% on my oculus rift s but it cannot keep 80 FPS .
    I need to use asw

10. fl0wf1r3

fl0wf1r3 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +235 / 0 / -0
    Really? But it performs so much better with VR. In Assetto Corsa I have 80-90 percent GPU usage as far as I remember. Raceroom graphics engine is an old donkey chart. Raceroom ist at the bottom of the league

11. TheGentlemanDriver

TheGentlemanDriver New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    OK, I need help. A lot of help. Please help me!

I am using RaceRoom with a triple screen setup and now I have purchased a VR headset. Using SteamVR, everything COULD be so easy. How the heck can I use VR and triples without changing my configuration over and over again?

For example, I have set the triple parameters and a resolution of 5760*1080. In VR, nothing is readable or usable. I have to set the resolution back to 1920*1080 each time - and remove/change the start parameters. That is not nice. :/ Is there any way to add start parameters for resolution, etc. or do I have any other option?

THANKS! Thanks a lot! I really appreciate it!

• Like Like x 1
  12. FormelLMS

FormelLMS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +229 / 0 / -0
    Unfortunately not.
    I've made batch scripts that includes the Start of raceroom with the start parameters and copy the correct graphics ini into the folder.
    Seems not that nice, but so I have to click one Icon to have it all.
    Packed into this batch the crew chief, fanalabs, UFLT Tool and the webHud AND the configuration of my Oculus device, so I really have to simple double click my batch file and don't have to change or start one single thing after that.

13. TheGentlemanDriver

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    OK, thats great, so there is an option. A batch file should be no problem for me. So you have two batch files, one for VR, one for flat screens? Is the graphics.ini the only file you have to swap? Am I right with my assertion that the resolutions needs to be set to single screen 1920x1080? Thanks a lot, this helped me a lot!

14. FormelLMS

FormelLMS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +229 / 0 / -0
    AFAIK you only have to copy the right ini to the directory and start the game with the correct starting parameters.
    The only thing is, that I don't have a triple screen, only one tiny screen in front of me and the VR Headset. But yeah, I think, this will work with Triple Screen, too.
    Hopefully a triple screen user can say somethin to this, or you could try it out.
    With a good backup of your things now :)

15. TheGentlemanDriver

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    This helped me a lot, thank you very much! I just have to find out if the setting to see the drivers arms and the wheel is a graphical option or if I have to copy another file…

To give other people with the same quesion a possible solution, this is my batch file:
    Code:
    @echo off

set FILE_TRIPLE="%HOMEPATH%\Documents\My Games\SimBin\RaceRoom Racing Experience\UserData\graphics_options_triple.xml"
    set FILE_VR="%HOMEPATH%\Documents\My Games\SimBin\RaceRoom Racing Experience\UserData\graphics_options_vr.xml"
    set FILE_DESTINATION="%HOMEPATH%\Documents\My Games\SimBin\RaceRoom Racing Experience\UserData\graphics_options.xml"
    set STEAM="C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\Steam.exe"

if "%1%"=="triple" (
      goto :triple
    )

if "%1%"=="vr" (
      goto :vr
    )

echo Error: Please provide a start parameter (`triple` or `vr`)

exit /b 1

:triple
    copy %FILE_TRIPLE% %FILE_DESTINATION%
    echo Success: Starting RaceRoom in `triple` mode...
    %STEAM% steam://rungameid/211500 -triScr 55 0 52.5 29.5 0 52.5 29.5 0 60 52.5 29.5 0 66
    exit /b 0

:vr
    copy %FILE_VR% %FILE_DESTINATION%
    echo Success: Starting RaceRoom in `vr` mode...
    %STEAM% steam://launch/211500/vr -monitor
    exit /b 0
    You have to start the script with a parameter, e.g. `rr.cmd triple` or `rr.cmd vr`. This is done with two shortcuts placed on the desktop.

I've tested the setup with two rounds in Most with triples and in VR. I've got real bad performance in VR with my overclocked GTX-1070ti, so I have to tweak the settings. Will add two other parameters to "save" the current graphics_options.xml for vr or triple after doing some changes, so you don't have to mess with the files itself.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  16. mmmmbeer

mmmmbeer Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    Anyone know what this error in the attached screenshot is referring to or what it means? The location it seem's to be pointing me too doesn't exist. VR working fine yesterday. Not now.

EDIT: It sorted itself out!

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 5, 2020
  17. museumsteve

museumsteve Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +78 / 0 / -0
    Anyone have an issue in VR where you cannot get into Options when in the main menu. No matter what I do I cannot get the mouse to go into the area where Options are.

18. FeltHλt

FeltHλt Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +478 / 0 / -0
    you sure you dont have this little steamvr window over the game?

• Like Like x 1
  19. Badgerous

Badgerous Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +223 / 0 / -0
    Monitor resolution set to an obscure size in the visual settings? Or set to 'windowed' mode maybe?

• Like Like x 1
  20. museumsteve

museumsteve Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +78 / 0 / -0
    Thanks, I've been away from it for a year so very rusty :D I'll have a look this morning.