Question Loading times

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by MAD MICK, Apr 13, 2020.

1. MAD MICK

MAD MICK Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Is anyone else having trouble with the game loading up taking unusually long and the menu screens freezing for minutes at a time. I have really fast broadband and this just started today. It happened back when the game was free to everyone for a few days when the servers were overworked but was fine again after that so not sure what is causing it now!

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. Hervé45

Hervé45 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +135 / 0 / -0
    Yes me too

3. MAD MICK

MAD MICK Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    At least its not just me so. I love this sim but my god it gives me so much ball ache at times i question is it worth the frustration.

4. Goffik

Goffik Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +170 / 0 / -0
    Yes, because issues like this really aren't that frequent so it's not that inconvenient.

Definitely seems to be a server issue though, as I've seen reports of slow menus on RD too.

5. MattStone

MattStone Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +169 / 0 / -0
    I wish they would move away from this web menu; it’s so frustratingly slow the best of times.
    When the game is loading into the menu or even into a race, my cpu and hard drives remain almost idle but I can see the game is sending lots of data upstream, I’m not sure if it’s my slow internet or their slow servers!

Is it their DRM protection that’s causing this, comparing data to and from my pc during loading?

dang I wish this could be addressed

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. RWB 3vil

RWB 3vil Active Member

Ratings:
    +41 / 0 / -0
    We have had to cancel a race tonight because of this issue.

A few of us have been practicing for hours, come back after a break ready to get the race night going and it will either get stuck on the loading screen then eventually show a portal error, or boot up fine then hang at the server selection screen with the white overlay screen with the line of black circles.

pinging game.raceroom.com is fine 40-45 Ms for most people that test it ( discussion over discord)

7. RWB 3vil

RWB 3vil Active Member

Ratings:
    +41 / 0 / -0
    The whole game is connected its seems. Even trying to exit from a server list back to the main menu will hang.

I wish it was single player mode on boot and main menu,race,practice etc , then only internet requirements for the multiplayer server browser and the store

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. dungbeetle

dungbeetle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +66 / 0 / -0
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Tobias Worm

Tobias Worm Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    Same Problem here, since today, complete freeze on startscreen - it will not start.

• Like Like x 1