Problem Game not starting

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by christo.joubert1, Apr 13, 2020.

1. christo.joubert1

christo.joubert1 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Since the new Update came out on 8 April I cannot play the game any more as it simply does not start. Using Steam, I get no error just won't start.

Trying to launch directly I get "The code execution cannot proceed because MSVCR100.dll was not found..." I have downloaded this .dll and still no luck, instead I then get "error OxcOOOOO7b" and the game won't start either.

There was no HW changes, and the game worked fine before the latest update.

I have verified game contents using steam, unsitalled and reinstalled multiple times, updated drivers, rolled back drivers and installed and unistalled vcredist - just no luck.

Any advice will be highly appreciated

2. Bavarian_Firebird

Bavarian_Firebird Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    Hi,
    you can try to download and reinstall Visual C++ 2010 to with the missing DLL belongs. I would recommend to download the redistributable package directly from Microsoft.

3. christo.joubert1

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi. I have done that already. The 32-bit version now works but takes extremely long to start. 64-bit does not work at all. At least I can play now

4. Bavarian_Firebird

Bavarian_Firebird Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    ups sorry. Should have read the full post. Sorry again. You could check the Windows Event log section application and System for any Errors. In such a case I also run Glary Utilities 1-click-clean up feature. Its for free. But would check the eventlog first.

5. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    are you running riva tuner or anything alike

Andi

6. christo.joubert1

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
  7. Andy Kettler

Andy Kettler Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +1,109 / 0 / -0
    Microsoft says thats a sign of damaged system files/unhealty system if that .dll is missing.
    It is part of the Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Runtime. You can try to reinstall that Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package (x86) or as you did just download only the .dll and hope its not a fake file :D

You need to put it in the C:\Windows/System32 folder and also in the C:\Windows\SysWOW64 folder. One is for 32bit programs and the other one for 64bit programs btw.

After that restart your pc and it should be fixed. If Windows does not recognize the file by itself and reproduces the error, start the ‎‎command prompt (cmd.exe) and register the file with the command "regsvr32 msvcr100.dll‎".

There are also a couple things you can try for that error code:

https://www.bing.com/search?q=error+OxcOOOOO7b&FORM=EDGCTX&refig=0ff78ca0f41b493fc615a20536f1a58c

12ef486892be9c847f12a7b8d3dc9177.gif

All that is just from a quick search with Bing. :p

8. John Wiesenmüller

John Wiesenmüller Active Member

Ratings:
    +41 / 0 / -0
    System32 contains 64Bit components and SysWOW64 the 32Bit components. Logical ain't is, Padawan ;-)

9. Andy Kettler

Andy Kettler Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +1,109 / 0 / -0
  10. John Wiesenmüller

Ratings:
    +41 / 0 / -0
    I took this from the German Wiki:

Zwecks Rückwärts-Kompatibilität nutzt das Betriebssystem jedoch das %SystemRoot%\system32-Verzeichnis und unveränderte DLL-Namen für seine 64-Bit-Komponenten. Bei der Ausführung von 32-Bit-Anwendungen werden Zugriffe auf Bibliotheken aus diesem Verzeichnis nach %SystemRoot%\SysWOW64 umgeleitet, wo sich die entsprechenden 32-Bit-Versionen befinden.

11. John Wiesenmüller

Ratings:
    +41 / 0 / -0
    An you simply check if you want to edit ODBC sources you've to call ODBCAD32 from system32 for 64Bit sources. ;-)