Released Game update - 8th April 2020

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by J-F Chardon, Apr 8, 2020.

1. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    we waited until you went for a nap

Andi

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. ZRT PINOUROO

ZRT PINOUROO New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    toujours pas de possibilité de régler la pression des pneus des dtm 13/14/15 et 16 ainsi que des P1 et P2!!!

3. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    this is because none of these cars has the latest physics package

Andi

4. Turtle Power

Turtle Power Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    Love that transmission whine sounds not loud enough for me. Wish if we could be able increase the sound even more by choice.

• Like Like x 2
  5. J-F Chardon

J-F Chardon KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +5,041 / 0 / -0
    Update details

Download size = 100 KB
    Client version = 0.9.0.937
    Client BuildID = 4918262

- New set of trackside banners for the Porsche competitions

• Like Like x 1
  6. MattStone

MattStone Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +169 / 0 / -0
    That looks great turtle
    what do you use as a camera and how do you mount it?

• Like Like x 1
  7. Hervé45

Hervé45 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +135 / 0 / -0
  8. Turtle Power

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    I use cheap go pro hero camera with original head mound and custom carbon fiber 3mm piece for the camera mount that is placed between my eyes and down to my nose and mouth in order to achieve the drivers view. The recent video shows that I may need to have camera slightly higher. This can be hard as it can block your vision. Don't want to make permanent or static mount because I may lose the exiting impression of car in motion. The camera is able to pick up physical impact or vibe that is coming from the motor/ steering wheel as it travels through my arms and body. Very interesting. If you watch carefully you will see a little shake when shifting gears and it looks very immersive.

20200420_195010 (Large).jpg

20200420_195002 (Large).jpg

9. Turtle Power

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    This is Z1 Dash with custom 7" TFT lcd display

• Like Like x 1
  10. Oxtar_

Oxtar_ Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Every single thing feels better than ever that long that I've had R3E, but I can't be alone on my thougths on that new limiter sound. It kind of almost breaks the so deep immersed feeling when that new sound of it kicks in. Raceroom got one of the best sounds of any sim easily but that limiter sound was step backwards on my opinion.

• Like Like x 1
  11. FormelLMS

FormelLMS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +229 / 0 / -0
    You are not alone *sing*

12. ndwthx1138

ndwthx1138 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +101 / 0 / -0
    +1

I still feel It has the best sound, even though ACC does have a few things sound wise I find better..

But yeah the new faux rev limiter sound (?) is really rough. Never heard any vehicle make a sound like this - it’s so off putting that you assume your damaging or further into the rpm range than you are. It seems to be on every vehicle as well, I’m not what was wrong before, but it certainly wasn’t distracting.

13. Olaf Hülse

Olaf Hülse Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +505 / 0 / -0
    Bathurst with GTR3 yesterday (Just a random thing I found worth mentioning, while this is not scientific approved):
    AI on 103 and they did times just below 2:06 in qualifying. Some years ago (August 2017) They lapped a bit over 2:06 with AI on 110, as said in this video (German, His quote, have no proof that it exactly is this speed, but also nothing against). While the GT3's got a bit faster last december update, I would say that if you were ok with AI on 110 before the update, then try 105 and see if it matches better.
    Greetings

14. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +102 / 0 / -0
    105 is a decent base to make adjustments from, since the AI and physics updates, yes.
    On some tracks like Most it's still not that hard to beat (the notorious T1 chicane AI slow down is still there), but especially on more flowing and fast tracks it already delivers a good GT3 race experience at 105% and upwards.^^

15. anno900

anno900 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    I have rad some posts before about the "stronger" AI. I do not play that much. But I completed my GT3 championship after the update and started an new one with Porsch 934 cup. I play with fixed AI at 103% and could not find any differences. Of course it always depends on how good you are on a track and how good the AI is on that specific track. I was a little bit scared, when I first read that AI is faster now, cause my GT3 championship was very close. But as I said, I just do about 2 race weekends per week.

16. CrimsonEminence

Ratings:
    +102 / 0 / -0
    They are not "faster", they're just more "racey" and find their route better. (They're also defending on track, what was not persistent in the old system.)
    It also depends on the class, you use.

17. anno900

Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    Oh yes, more racey. That ist what I experienced as well, but not faster at the set %-level.

18. CrimsonEminence

Ratings:
    +102 / 0 / -0
    It depends. On tracks with slower sections, some classes are now not requiring excessive settings anymore, because they can drive these a bit faster. But overall, i think they were not aiming to make it faster, they aimed to make it more uniform in strength and refined in behaviour. This process somewhat succeeded to a certain amount, i guess.

19. anno900

Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    I'm fully fine with what they do with AI. I really enjoy that AI is now realistically fast in fast corners and break much better.

20. CrimsonEminence

Ratings:
    +102 / 0 / -0
    Some of the new features were released a bit too early for my taste. By now, many things are rectified so it gets better, yeah. It could still need a bit more awareness for the player car in wheel to wheel situations, sometimes.
    And Autodrom Most still needs a more consistent field IMO. The chicane is still an issue. (Especially talking about GT3)