Problem can't start RaceRoom anymore

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by 1978rocafella, Aug 15, 2018.

1. Lozmy

Lozmy New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for confirmation Stobalc. I think It's a pretty huge problem. More and more people from our community onlineracing.eu have the same problem. We're starting our first official Slovak Championship in Digital Motorsport next Monday 27.4. and it would be pretty painful if we couldn't start the season because of this problem.

My system specs are as follows:

Processor: Intel Core i7-5820K CPU @ 3.30GHz
    Installed RAM: 16,0 GB
    Graphic card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX980

Operating system:
    Edition: Windows 10 Pro
    Version: 1909
    OS build: 18363.778

• Like Like x 1
  2. Stobalc

Stobalc New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    My Specs : Win 7 - 64bit - Intel i7-4790 CPU @ 3.60Ghz, 3601 MHz, 4 Core - Installed RAM 16,0GB - Nvidia GeForce GTX980 11GB
    Never had any issue before whit playing Raceroom with my specs... until this morning

3. cimbo

cimbo New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Hi, I am Michal from Slovakia and Lozmy is my friend. Me ,Lozmy and 2 other friends have same internet provider UPC and same problem. Other user with different internet provider have no problem.

All internet communication, speed, ping.... is correct. UPC provider say, your internet is good without problem.

My PC Specs: W10 64bit (Version: 1909, Build: 18363.815), AMD Ryzen 3700x, 16GB RAM DDR4, Nvidia GeForce GTX1080

• Like Like x 2
  4. aSab

aSab Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    the issue is appearing all over the world for many many days now. why on earth do the issues tenfold if there are lots of users playing the game? come on sector3, you know that the root cause lies within your reach.

5. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +790 / 0 / -0
    actually from what ive been seeing its not us ; it seems certain isp in certain countries are niot connecting ; i had a guy in yesterday from turkey , he couldnt get in with his landline , but could with his portable phone line ,
    we are looking at it but the common thing seems to be certain isp and thats about it

Andi

• Like Like x 1
  6. SaleAreNyac

SaleAreNyac New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I have the same problem. I am from Austria (Vienna). Hope Sector 3 find soon a solution.
    My spec:
    I9900k
    2080Ti
    32GBRAM

7. MrCencig

MrCencig New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I am also based in Vienna (ISP Magenta) and I cannot connect (error code 0). I also needed to participate to a race tonight but I am out gut gemacht.

8. FilthyJoker

FilthyJoker New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Also have Magenta as provider here in Austria and the same problems.
    For me it worked when i connected with a VPN.

9. canF1

canF1 Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    RRE got an update(don't know if it addresses this issue), tried to run the game after it but still no success. When users say "i can play other games but yours is unreachable", you can't say "it's not us, it's the ISP's". Then ISP's can say "it's not us, it's RRE because other games are running fine". And that doesn't get us anywhere. It's you and the ISP's from all around the world. Strange thing. At first I thought it's about the special day in TR and everyone was going wild with internet and ISP's lowered speeds on specific host connections or something like that but then those restrictions ended, I was able to reach sites I couldn't reach before but RRE stayed unreachable. Maybe Steam is also involved in this.

10. cimbo

cimbo New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Dear Sector 3, this is your problem ! Please do not try your mistake to provider. My provider work perfect without problem and all other games too.
    I am official streamer for official Digital Motorsport Slovakia Championship and officials and sponsors can see Live stream this monday evening from first round.

Please do it day and night to fix this problem.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Andi Goodwin

Ratings:
    +790 / 0 / -0
    try using a vpn for the moment is the only advice i can give
    this isnt being ignored

this isnt game related ; this is ip or isp related

Andi

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  12. cimbo

cimbo New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    How VPN, what do you mean.OK and why did RR go on Wednesday and it's not working today? My provider made no changes.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2020
  13. Andi Goodwin

Ratings:
    +790 / 0 / -0
  14. Racing Szycho

Racing Szycho Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    I had the same issues..
    Just tried throught vpn, instant start without issues.. Sadly it is a problem with ISP<>server hosting

15. cimbo

cimbo New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Streaming with free VPN ? This is very bad idea, free VPN is very slow for streaming. If I want to stream via VPN, I must pay extra product from my provider.

16. Andi Goodwin

Ratings:
    +790 / 0 / -0
    i was talking about connecting to play , not to stream

sorry for confusion

Andi

17. cimbo

cimbo New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    My today logs after game crash.

Attached Files:

18. skswat

skswat Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +77 / 0 / -0
    I have same issue, but from time to time I am able to start the game to menu with some luck, but for example I am unable to see MP server list etc.. Even when I try to quit game after successfull start, it hang, stop responding and crash.
    If ISP applied some update, or blocked something on their side it would not work at all. Without random game starts and all this weird behaviour. :confused:

Btw, I am able to constantly ping all your servers mentioned by J-F in second post.

Edit: No changes on my hardware or any software/drivers updates whatsoever. Game worked thrusday morning without issues and did not at the evening, which still persists.

19. Nordschleife

Nordschleife Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    Aus der Schweiz habe ich keine Probleme das Game zu starten. Habe es mehrmals gestartet.
    KEIN Problem.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  20. Jan 2

Jan 2 New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Hi all,
    I am "suffering" from the same connection issue since month now, my location is Dubai. I tried to dig into the issue several time but no luck. Connection via VPN works but not able to race in multiplayers.

I investigated the connections to see if the issue is coming from any block IPs via ISP as UAE is heavily monitoring and blocking network connections.

The IP's are going out when trying to reach RR:

85.10.209.250:443
    176.9.136.146:443
    5.9.73.137:80
    static.137.73.9.5.clients.your-server.de

I pinged all and get a success on all without any loss, average connection time is 133ms.

When trying to start the game it looks like the culprit is the last connection (static.137.73.9.5.clients.your-server.de) it connects and closes the connection after few seconds and then throwing the error "Can't connect to server. Error code 0" (or somthing like this).

Maybe support could check this?

Cheers!

• Like Like x 2