Problem can't start RaceRoom anymore

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by 1978rocafella, Aug 15, 2018.

1. markie355

markie355 New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Hi Andi,

I am also suffering with connection issue. And I know many drivers have same problem.

Many people stream and also VPN is not permanent solution for us.

I understand that maybe it is not direct sector3 issue, but could you provide us with help to localize the problem.
    Some diagnostic tools or commands we can run on our computers. Or kind of network specification which Raceroom requires.

We need informations/requirements from you, which we can send to our Internet provider to check if it is really caused by them.

Thank you,
    Marek

• Like Like x 1
  2. pauco.mikulas

pauco.mikulas New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Hi Andi,
    Same problem like many friends from OnlineRacing.eu, same issue, I tried to connect via free VPN and everything was ok. My provider is UPC, but everything other is fine, no problem - only Raceroom freezes while starting. After manual stop (process) I listed from my Windows logs:
    upload_2020-4-25_14-36-38.png

upload_2020-4-25_14-36-59.png

Traceroute to your servers:

upload_2020-4-25_14-38-35.png

• Like Like x 1
  3. aSab

aSab Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    it is for sure your responsibility to use technologies that allow us to use the content we paid for - you obviously hope for more content being bought, aren't you? it isn't wise to want us buy and use additional technologies ONLY to be able your game, thus limiting the money we can spend on YOUR game, is it?
    if all the other game developers and publishers are able to use technologies that are able to transmit and receive their MP data via the existing routes of the most common internet providers, I don't see your point: YOU are the outsider, not us. remember, we very well have the choice to use other racing games we already own, without further investments into our existing infrastructure. you'll lose many players from many countries this way, just saying. as for me, I'll be playing ACC and AMS until you fix your OWN issue, cause I'm quite sure it was one of your OWN updates that ruined our connecting capabilities, not a change at our ISPs.

• Like Like x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Arthur Spooner

Arthur Spooner Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432 / 0 / -0
    You gotta love it when people try to blackmail and threaten the devs... :rolleyes:

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. aSab

aSab Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    Blackmailing is used to get advantages for free that you should not have in the first hand, and it's done in the background, not before the public. :rolleyes:
    Threatening would mean to injure them, injure their property or reputation. I don't want to harm them, they are harming their business themselves. I don't want to injure their property, I would have no means to that either. I don't want to injure their reputation, their actions speak for themselves and everyone's free to decide what they think. As I am free to disclose my opinion on where their way of doing business might lead. :rolleyes:

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. canF1

canF1 Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    I'm leaning in front of this post, as I can't explain myself this well.

(not yet edited by a moderator lol)

Btw, I forwarded txt file (which is added to this post) to my ISP and wait a response from them. It's obvious that Hetzner(which provides host services to RRE) isn't reachable via certain ISP's.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2020
  7. Arthur Spooner

Arthur Spooner Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432 / 0 / -0
    Maybe it's because I'm not a native English speaker. But you basically are saying that if they don't do what you want, you (and others) will no longer buy anything from them. So what is this called in your language?
    The whole tone of your post is aggressive and threatening in my opinion. If you think this is a civilized and constructive way to communicate with people, well there you go. Maybe you're just not interested in a civilized and constructive communication, it's your choice, but don't expect anybody to listen to you, as most people are and won't bother with you.

• Like Like x 1
  8. aSab

aSab Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    Just imagine the whole situation from the perspective of someone who sees an R3E race on youtube for the first time and would like to jump in. The game itself is free to try, there is lots of free content to "lure" pple in.
    Well, some/many/a few of these prospective users aka customers will not be able to give their money to R3E as easily as to other games. Even if R3E would be advertised on steam with the statement that in this and that country using this and that ISP you'd need a VPN solution to be able to play the game, it would still be a disadvantage of R3E.
    This is not an aggressive point of view, but rather factual. This is about something that was working before and now it isn't. It is their choice to alter it, it is everyone's choice to deal with it. And even then, sector3 have all their rights to do so, as the EULA of R3E gives them the power to handle this case as they want.
    I won't deny the fact though that the situation itself and communicating about this situation generates feelings in all of us. That's that, we're human. You might have other sentiments as I do, and yes, seeing someone 'fight' for something might seem to be aggressive.
    But again, as I've stated above, I've made my choice and I'm not bothering them with my POV, I'm not fighting them. You don't need to advise me on how to communicate with them furthermore as I'm already done with that. Cheers!

• Like Like x 2
  9. Racing Szycho

Racing Szycho Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    If you think that the way you are communicating will result in a quick and solid handling... Good luck in life mate.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Herman He

Herman He Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    Same problem here in Belgium, provider Telenet.
    Update installed but did not solve the problem.
    I would very much like to finish the competitions i have entered.....
    Not happy at all....

11. pauco.mikulas

pauco.mikulas New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Try to use free VPN, for example Proton VPN (7 Days free), until the problem will be solved.

12. pauco.mikulas

pauco.mikulas New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    ...new - today's - update was installed, but problem stays the same... :-(

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. PeterJoostens

PeterJoostens New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    i also have the problem, i am located in belgium, it still worked like 4 days ago, then a day later (had not touched my pc in between) it just didnt want to start up, i have tried every day sofar and does not want to start up

14. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    can you tell me who your isp is

Andi

15. J-F Chardon

J-F Chardon KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +5,041 / 0 / -0
    We're trying to find if there's anything in common to everyone experiencing issues.

Can you please list your username in the game, it's in the URL to your profile.
    Example with mine: http://game.raceroom.com/users/jfchardon/

Has any of you contacted your ISP about this?

16. aSab

aSab Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    Hi J-F,

I'm happy that you're trying to resolve the issue.
    I'm located in Austria, my ISP is Magenta

Update: now the game does start OK, seems to be fully functional.

Cheers

Last edited: Apr 27, 2020
  17. Stobalc

Stobalc New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi,
    Just like PeterJoosten and Herman He, I'm also from Belgium (ISP = Telenet). I also had the previous days issue's with starting RaceRoom up. I just started Raceroom..... and I'm in the sim. As test I ended the game twice, and could restart it every time, selecting car and track and after press Go Race I'm in

18. Calv Killmore

Calv Killmore Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    ISP SKY
    R3E was not starting and what I did. Error 10066, something like that.
    File verification thingy. I needed three files but did not fix it.:(
    Restarted steam, logged out and in also no fix.:(
    Unplugged power from router waited 10 seconds or so, powered back up the router 3 minutes later R3E started.:):cool:

Last edited: Apr 27, 2020
  19. cimbo

cimbo New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Slovakia UPC, game now running OK :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Racing Szycho

Racing Szycho Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    Issue seems to have been fixed