Telemetry SecondMonitor (Timing & status App)

Discussion in 'Community Workshop' started by Winzarten, Oct 26, 2017.

1. Winzarten

Winzarten Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +377 / 0 / -0
    What most likely happened is that you set your leaderbord time before yesterday, as until the yesterday patch the first lap of hotlap was ignored. ;)

Glad it worked.
    It is difficult, because in same classe you have multiple cars occupied by the same driver. In those you can select two AI opponents and just have back luck :D
    What I use to do is create a custom field using the "Select AI Opponets", this way I can select non-duplicate names, and as there are 280 GT3 liviers, the field can be as big, as you want. I also store them, so I have assurance that I'm running the whole championship with the same drivers. ;)

• Useful Useful x 1
  2. Hervé45

Hervé45 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +135 / 0 / -0
    [QUOTE = "Winzarten, post: 201650, membre: 7798"] Ce qui s'est probablement produit, c'est que vous avez défini votre heure de leaderbord avant hier, car jusqu'au patch d'hier, le premier tour de hotlap a été ignoré. ;)
    /QUOTE]

I made this record today with the latest version of secondmonitor

3. Jetsun

Jetsun Active Member

Ratings:
    +42 / 0 / -0
    Thank you, then that's one more feature it is time for me to play with for the next championship, will finish this tatuus one first, having fun :)

• Like Like x 1
  4. Winzarten

Ratings:
    +377 / 0 / -0
    Ok, then I will try to run few hotlpas myself to see if I can reproduce it ;)
    Another tip, the championship engine only cares about your class, it is not interested in anything else that is on the track. So you can mix in, for longer tracks, some other classes, i.e. GT4 or TCR with the GT3s ;) For those you don't have to care about name uniquess.

• Like Like x 1
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 1
  5. Hervé45

Ratings:
    +135 / 0 / -0
    Hello
    I realized that secondmonitor could consume up to 15% of cpu.o_O
    I changed the options like this and I now consume 2% of cpu ;):)

[​IMG]

6. Jetsun

Jetsun Active Member

Ratings:
    +42 / 0 / -0
    Hi, is there a way to mesure consistency, like standard deviation or something. I'm trying to focus on that those days, a one figure might be nice in the report?

7. Winzarten

Ratings:
    +377 / 0 / -0
    The animate drivers pos, and animate delta bar are the most power hungry. Then increasing the refresh rate a little can also help. From the rest, the Pedal and Gear take the most, as they are refreshed roughly each 20ms.

In the next version (already implemented), there will also be an option to limit number of drivers refreshed per UI refresh. Right now, larger grids also tend to increase the CPU, as more drivers => more rows to refresh, and more stuff on the map. If you set to i.e. 10, then the app will consume the same amount of resources, if there are 10 drivers in the session, or 60.

That is something that should be implementable quite easily. Right now, the only option is to do it yourself from the reports ;)

And another preview :p The app will now show, why it doesn't want to run a particular championship: ;)
    SecondMonitor_2020-04-29_19-06-19.png

8. Jetsun

Jetsun Active Member

Ratings:
    +42 / 0 / -0
    Since when does a computer wanna rule it ?:p

9. Winzarten

Ratings:
    +377 / 0 / -0
    :p
    Something like this? :)
    EXCEL_2020-04-30_18-47-52.png

• Like Like x 1
  10. Jetsun

Jetsun Active Member

Ratings:
    +42 / 0 / -0
    Things think :)

11. kiwibrick

kiwibrick New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi, new secondmonitor user here (in R3E)

I see in the telemetry there is a wheel angular velocity (so wheel speed), is there any possibility that this could be displayed with or next to the other tyre parameters in the live data?
    It's one thing I really miss from rFactor that I haven't been able to find for R3E and thats a lockup (so wheel speed) indicator!

Thanks

12. Winzarten

Ratings:
    +377 / 0 / -0
    Yes, this should be fairly simple. I just need to figure out what would be a good indication, any ideas? :D

Anyway 6.11 is out, with quite a bit of changes :D
    Main Application:
    • ACC: Ratings and Championships enalbed for ACC.
    • Reports: All players laps are now plotted in a chart, in Players Laps sheet, along with standard deviation for all valid laps, as well for all laps overall. Only non-pit laps are considered.
    • Fuel Calculator: The application now stores fuel consumption per sessions. Up to 20 previous sessions are stored for each car/track combination. The history for the current combination is available in the fuel calculator.
    • Fuel Calculator: Fuel calculator now contains a "Total (Dry)" entry, which is an aggregated consumption from all recorded dry sessions for the car/track combination.
    • Fuel Calculator: Fuel calculator will now autoopen during pre-race. Will autoclose on green light.
    • Fuel Calculator: For simulators that provide correct session length before start (R3E, ACC, PCars2, AMS2), the fuel planner will be prefiled with session length + 2 contingency laps.
    • Drivers Updated Per Tick: Added Drivers Updated Per Tick option in the settings window. This limits how many drivers can be updated within one UI refresh (timing grid and map). Lowering this will reduce the cpu usage of the app with bigger field. This will not affect data accuracy, as UI refresh is independent from data update.
    • Pit Column: Reworked information displayed in the pit column.
    • Pit Window: For R3E and ACC the app is now aware of pit window. The "Pit Limiter" icon will show time/laps until the pit window is opened/closed. And will be blue when the pit window is open.
    • Championships: The championship overview now shows information why the current session cannot be used for the given championship.
    • Fix Map: Fixed map generation of stage (A to B) tracks.

• Love it! Love it! x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  13. the_greeze

the_greeze Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    Hi,
    Thanks for the latest update, some nice additions in there! :)

Unfortunately, something is broken for me. I've done two 20 minute races this afternoon and the timing is messed up. SM doesn't seem to be tracking the times at all. Please see attached screenshot (taken at the race-end - shows no lap or gap data), logs and the qualification and race reports. The qualification report seems correct but the race report is wrong (no laps or gap info).

If you need any more info, please let me know.

Thank you!

Attached Files:

14. the_greeze

the_greeze Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    Further to the above, I can confirm that SM is working correctly during the race. All lap data, times etc is being displayed. It's when I cross the finish line that the data is then 'wiped/lost'. Hope that is of help?

Also,(a small request) would it be possible to include the average lap time onto the race reports please? :)

15. kiwibrick

kiwibrick New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hmmmm perhaps a simple rectangle or square for each wheel that changes colour say green/orange/red.
    I guess it would need some on the fly calcs or comparison with the vehicle speed and change color depending on what percentage of the vehicle speed it is.

16. Winzarten

Ratings:
    +377 / 0 / -0
    Ok, that's important info :) What's shown after session can still be a little bit messy, and it is something I'm still working on. It will also never work 100% for all simulators, because some of them (i.e ACC), i.e. remove all drivers before exiting a session.

As for the reports, everything looks right, except for the gap, which I have also noticed to be bugged in R3E, and I'm investigating ;) :)

17. the_greeze

the_greeze Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    FYI, the race data (up until the last SM revision) used to be retained until I started a new session. I could close RaceRoom and it'd still be on the SM screen... :)

The gap data was always present on the reports too.

18. Hervé45

Ratings:
    +135 / 0 / -0
    Hello
    what telemetry data do you use to keep the VR: vehicle track record ?
    thanks

19. Winzarten

Ratings:
    +377 / 0 / -0
    Ok, I think I know what went wrong, a new version was released with a fix :) And also the lock-up indication was implemented. It works in R3E right now, but in the next patch it should work in sims that have wheel rps.

Yep, I can do that ;)

The same which is used for last lap time, SectorTimePreviousSelf.Sector3.

• Like Like x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
  20. the_greeze

the_greeze Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    Happy to report all is working again! :)

Thank you so much for the quick fix and the continuing improvements, this app is awesome. :cool: