Blue flag etiquette.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by nickh158, Apr 29, 2020.

1. nickh158

nickh158 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +69 / 0 / -0
    I never know what to do.
    Please, no flippant answers, like "get out of the way". :rolleyes:

2. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    we arent F1 so blue flag means be aware faster car approaching, that can be a different class or your being lapped

faster class ; hold your line and let them drive around you
    same class , hold your line , and let them go around you; on a straight you can slightly lift to allow them to pass
    dont stamp on the brakes or weave around the track as no one will be able to guess what your about to do

Andi

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Olli B

Olli B New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Like Andy said, drive predictable, watch the mirrors, don‘t try to defend your position! Greets!

4. nickh158

Ratings:
    +69 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for the replies. It`s usually when I`m on an outlap and they`re on their timed one.

5. nickh158

Ratings:
    +69 / 0 / -0
    I`ve never done that, but it`s happened to me numerous times in the noob servers. Some of them think that they`re in a race on their outlap...

6. flowaangelz

flowaangelz New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    To be honest, answer is plain simple in that case:
    They are fighting hard for a perfect lap so get of the way! Leave the ideal racing line asap! And show your intentions asap.

7. Winzarten

Winzarten Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +377 / 0 / -0
    In qually/practice the etiquete is usually different. If you're on the outlap, then watch the map, and arrange it so they can overtake you on straight... even if that means you have to slow to a crawl. Noone likes their hotlap ruined by a driver still warning his tyres.

So, do everything opposite to the raceroom AI :D

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. nickh158

Ratings:
    +69 / 0 / -0
    I don`t think this is correct, that`s why I asked. @Andi Goodwin gave the answer that makes the most sense, i.e. don`t swerve all over the road and just let them pass asap.

9. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0

in the sense of an out lap ; im aware of whats around me and although i want to keep heat in the tyres , the racing line isnt mine , so i would stay off it until the last few corners (still being aware of those on a hotlap) before my hotlaps
    the reply i gave above was racing laps
    not quali
    if in real life you did that in quali ; youd get slapped by the stewards

Andi

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. Winzarten

Winzarten Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +377 / 0 / -0
    Keep in mind, that drivers passing you on their hot lap, can be on a cooldown lap, while you're on a hot lap. Ruin their run, and they are in a fine position to ruin yours ;) (I in no shape, way, or form, support this kind of 'revenge' just stating how things stands :p)

11. ndwthx1138

ndwthx1138 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +101 / 0 / -0
    If you are being lapped in race - please get off the line UNLESS you are fighting for position. Then stick to your line and let the faster car work for the position. 9 times out of 10 moving over is going to help you both if you are in the same class. Multi class racing is a bit different, then I agree - stay on line and let them get around you.

In qualifying - move out of way and slow down, this is the nice thing to do - even in F1 where they tend to all pretend to hate each other - this is general practice.