Cockpit view

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Bob Pearson, Apr 29, 2020.

1. switchface

switchface Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +111 / 0 / -0
    As BeefMcQueen mentioned, you can always try a hybrid of the cockpit view by using an extreme seat adjustment. I tried this the other night for fun and quite enjoyed it. I zoomed my seat position very far forward so that all I could see was the dash and gauges on the bottom of my screen. I was zoomed in far enough to only catch the top of the windscreen banner. Most of my view was of the road (similar to the bonnet cam), but I still had the dash at the bottom of my view taking up maybe 20%. Gave me the in-car feel without feeling claustrophobic.

FWIW, I am using triple 46" projection screens.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Thxave

Thxave Member

Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    I also zoom in quite close to the dash. I use a 7" tablet with Sim Dashboard by stryder-it for the instruments etc.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 5, 2020
  3. Wayne Hutchison

Wayne Hutchison New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Assume all ranked servers are restricted to cockpit view, right?

4. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
  5. Darrel Kruger

Darrel Kruger New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    How did you get the keyboard between the wheel and the dash?

6. Thxave

Thxave Member

Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    My monitor sits right on the edge of an AV receiver. I use a small keyboard that leans against it at 90° degrees.
    I use Velcro to attach the 7" tablet to the front of the receiver just above the keyboard. I adjust the dash cam view so I just see the top of the car dash using field of view and seat adjustment.
    I use an old phone for a button box for those adjustments.
    I find it it gives me a more in car 3D feel when I use the tablet for the dash display sitting just a bit below the monitor.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1