Released Daytona International Speedway & Porsche 911 RSR (2019)

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by Georg Ortner, Jan 23, 2020.

1. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +102 / 0 / -0
    Actually the problems are on R3Es and ACCs side. There is literally no cheat protection in place. A dev can now decide to ban this person, or talk to them to get knowledge about improving stuff...this guy is basically an exploit hunter/hacker, even admitting it.

Last edited: May 3, 2020
  2. ducman888

ducman888 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +172 / 0 / -0
    If you haven't driven the GTE at Spa I recommend you do it immediately.....it's freakin' awesome.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. krimmler

krimmler Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +51 / 0 / -0
    After about 30 laps at Spa, I have to say that I love the new RSR very much. Such a great work, thanks for this awesome car :)! The sound is similar to the real version, didn´t hear any difference to the real version. The driving is beautiful, so much grip in the corners. Only thing is that this car have no ABS, also be carefull at the brakes ;).
    I didn´t thought that GTE cars are so much different to GT3 cars, especially in corners like Eau Rouge and Raidillon.

• Like Like x 3
  4. Badgerous

Badgerous Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +223 / 0 / -0
    Every time a notification drops in for this thread I get a little glimmer of hope that I can I go and buy it. :(

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. ducman888

ducman888 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +172 / 0 / -0
    The thing that stood out most for me, of all the good ones, is the sound of the tires and how it relates to grip level. The level of 'feel' through the FFB and Sound is terrific.

• Like Like x 1
  6. RampageRacing

RampageRacing Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +71 / 0 / -0
    Thank you to Georg for the preview of the Daytona track. It looks beautiful. As someone who drives down there often, I can say that it looks very very accurate. If I was going to nitpick I would say the only thing that I noticed that I though was slightly off was that those colored seats in the grandstand are much brighter in real life. The track itself looks dead on in my opinion.

I am not a big fan of formula racing and nor do I really like formula style race cars. Having said that, after watching Georg run his mock formula car race on the oval, I have to say that not releasing the oval and and tweaking the AI cars to compete on the oval would almost be criminal. Even Georg was having fun trying to slipstream through traffic. I think it would be a great and very unexpected addition to R3E and would bring a whole new aspect to the game.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Jona777

Jona777 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +409 / 0 / -0
    The Porsche feels great! It sounds great and drives very pleasant in my opinion!
    Very nice!
    Sadly no Daytona yet but the RSR really suits Spa with its amazing aeropackage!

Hopefully we are on for something great with more GTE and some extra focus on Enduranceracing :D

• Agree Agree x 4
  8. kcoxphoto

kcoxphoto Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    The RSR is my new favorite car to drive. Absolutely amazing guys. Cannot wait to race with other GTE class cars like the Ford GT .

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  9. Nikolas

Nikolas New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    When the RSR is going to be available for purchace?

10. Dale Junior

Dale Junior Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +983 / 0 / -0
    "Porsche 911 RSR (2019)" + "Daytona International Speedway" preview by Georg Ortner

Start @46:00

11. Dady Cairo

Dady Cairo Active Member

Ratings:
    +37 / 0 / -0
    When was it streamed?Did i missed it?:rolleyes:

12. CrimsonEminence

Ratings:
    +102 / 0 / -0
    The RSR is really fun to drive and it actually sounds really nice! (The first of the modern Porsche cars in R3E, where i really like the overall Porsche sound)
    I hope, we don't have to wait too long for it to be drivable outside of the competition.^^
    Btw. i also think, the FFB is indeed pretty good with this GTE.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Hélder

Hélder New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    The porsche RSR was very good, the feeling of FFB is pretty good, the audio just like real life Just thanks for this car
    But i set two "minors" problem with the car for me: i have the feeling who the steering wheel is a little bit to small in the cockpit and the two lights of locked tyres in cockpit up to the wheel are missing.

But the car is very good, i hope more GTE in the future and more Le mans car ;)
    (sorry for my english is pretty bad)

• Like Like x 1
  14. switchface

switchface Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +111 / 0 / -0
    When the RSR is released, any chance you can choose one livery to *wink wink* secretly have the sound of the previous RSR? I'm kidding (not really); the previous RSR had the most vicious shriek I have ever heard in real life.

• Useful Useful x 1
  15. Flintenwilly

Flintenwilly Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +115 / 0 / -0
    Tested the RSR today.
    Started the competition with mixed to negative towards the RSR. Another modern GT spec car, another modern 911. Is great and all, but would have loved that the last added Porsche we get for now, would be the 934/5 for group 5 (would have matched perfect with the physics revision of G5).
    However decided to take it around for a short spin. And "short" ended in a 1h tour of joy.
    Love that there is no ABS, but the best thing is that you can steer that beast so well around the corner with the throttle, so much feedback from the car, that it feels so natural to me to do it. Drove much DTM 92 lately, but even they never felt that natural in that manner, and they have to be driven that way.
    I am even more pleased that i managed get way ahead on the leaderboard than on my average, and that on Spa, a track in never was fast.

So in the end, i will buy that thing (should i drop out of sub 500), even it is the only car in its class. I hope not for long.

Great work devs, cheers

• Like Like x 2
  16. CrimsonEminence

Ratings:
    +102 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, GTE cars still have some of the GT1 spirit, just souped up with SO much aero (what i normally despise, but it just fits to this car), driving wise, i will never completely understand them, but such true endurance cars are something really special, it's a real motivating experience.
    I was also up to try it for just some minutes, i was not tryharding with it, but driving it longer, than expected, because it pulls you into a real flow, Spa fits this car very well.^^

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Flintenwilly

Flintenwilly Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +115 / 0 / -0
    i think for me this is the first GT car i begin to understand. Everyone can drive GT3, but few can drive them really fast, i am not one of them. Thats why i love the old cars, they are honest (especially you my precious 934;)), they are way harder to drive, but they tell you exactly what they like or dont like, and you can adapt to that.
    With gt3 you can do what you want, they feel easy to handle, but when you look at the timetables you realize there is so much more potential and i can not find it.
    With the RSR i realized where i can start to rotate with the throttle and was always pleased when i saw the green light on the steering wheel.
    I have to do some more tests the next days, maybe i found through the RSR the next step to get better with GT3.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
  18. CrimsonEminence

Ratings:
    +102 / 0 / -0
    I'm also often more into H-Shifted old Boxes, it's a whole different level of communication with the vehicle but:

I can really recommend the Audi R8 challenge (or any GT3) on Zhejiang right now for pushing a GT3. This track is Autocross for this kind of car, but it demands you to drive it more aggressively and offers many possibilities to understand more of the car.

It's hard at first, but it gives you continously the ability to learn the dynamics of these cars and smash the brakes a bit more confident and explosive.

I even want to try the RSR on this track. This track helped me a lot to understand GT3 cars (Next to Chang surprisingly), i normally suck with these modern cars, but i got finally somewhat of an "Eureka!" on this track for this kind of approach of car. :D

• Agree Agree x 2
    Last edited: May 4, 2020
  19. Cheeseman

Cheeseman Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +265 / 0 / -0
    Still can't buy IDR or the Lada TCR. The Porsche cup has some really good looking vintage style liveries that also cant be bought. I guess I can drive 911 RSR and sprint version of the Porsche cup car in a time-limited content and it is gone forever.

Esports is one thing but if they are turning this game into a bunch of time-limited content game, honestly, I won't be happy with that. I would greatly appreciate if past competition content can be released to the store, even though it is one car class and 2 liveries.

I still crave to drive the IDR, the way the physics is upgraded to support EV is absolutely outstanding. That is one of the best cars I ever drive in a game yet for some reasons, I can't even buy it to drive it on my own.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  20. AlexBlob

AlexBlob Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +60 / 0 / -0
    Some of this content will never see the light of day due to the way its was licenses or contracts was done. The Porsche cup stuff was only for the Swedish series because that what was agreed. This content, while annoying to see not released is just another method of getting money into the sim to make more content further down the lie.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2