Discontinued OtterHud - A custom WebHud

Discussion in 'Community Workshop' started by OtterNas3, May 7, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nolive721

nolive721 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +77 / 0 / -0
    Hello
    Sector3 did not implement tire flat spot visual indicator in April update

Any chance you could spend time on adding this on your great HUD ?

I understand if you have other priorities though

Thanks so much

2. Mettiti

Mettiti New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    You should add incidents count to this UI

3. wesker6664

wesker6664 Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    Great HUD thanks ! Suggestion : can you add last lap + session best lap in the timing infos ? Currently there's only the absolute best lap, not very useful IMO

4. Nash Bobo

Nash Bobo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    Having a problem with Otterhub. It seems that the speedometer and the gear shift indicator is frozen. Plus the lap indicator will not work. It shows 6 laps before I left the pits at Sepang south. Evertything is frozen in screen. They never move going around the track. Show me how to reset it. If I have to reinstill it tell me how. Nothing in programs list to uninstill in win 10 showing otterhub, dash, etc.

Nash

5. Goffik

Goffik Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +170 / 0 / -0
    You never replied to tell us whether you tried pressing SHIFT+SpaceBar. This key combo pauses and un-pauses the HUD. Also, in the HUD options, make sure Show all widgets is disabled.

6. Nash Bobo

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    Nothing happen Goggik,

7. Jacek Jagosz

Jacek Jagosz New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    How do you interact with the HUD? When the pit options pop up I can't change tyres or accept using keyboard or steering wheel.
    I must have missed something, because I can change HUD settings and everything else is working great.

8. switchface

switchface Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +111 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for your effort on this - it is a great application!

I noticed when hot lapping, the radar shows your ghost as if it is a real car to be cognizant of. Is there a way to turn off the radar for hot laps, as it is very likely you will almost always be in vicinity of your ghost.

9. Goffik

Goffik Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +170 / 0 / -0
    This isn't an OtterHUD issue, as this only displays information it takes from the game... it does not interact with the game itself.

I'm guessing you mean R3E's own pit menu, right? That being the case, you'll need to assign keys to move menu options up/down/left/right and select. You can find them in the control options under assignments.

10. cheesycrouton

cheesycrouton New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Is there a way to make the Delta Widget stay on the screen and not disappear? If not, could you add this option? I find that many times I'm not able to glance at it to see my last lap time in a race until after it disappears. Thanks for your consideration, and awesome HUD!

11. Zziggy

Zziggy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +73 / 0 / -0
    Maybe we could have it in the upper position bar, that the current laptime lasts longer, it is better readable.
    I have a question about the average laptime: how is it calculated? I had a 1:43,85 at Chang, then I drove a 1:43,4 lap and all of a sudden the average dropped to 1:43,317. Maybe only the best 20 laps are taken?
    Thanks again Otter for your work!:)

12. Goffik

Goffik Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +170 / 0 / -0
    Make sure "Hide in Race" is unchecked and the delta widget will remain visible in all sessions.

13. cheesycrouton

cheesycrouton New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for the tip. I have verified these settings, and the widget is visible in all sessions, but it disappears after a few seconds of crossing the finish line. I'd like for the whole widget to stay visible for the whole lap so I can always see the last lap time.

14. Nash Bobo

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    Hey! When I first download Otterhud the setting box was horizontal. Now when I had to redownload Steam & Otterhud the setting box is vertical. I had more settings in the horizontal version. Can you explain? Or is it something I do not understand?

Thanks
    Nash

15. Goffik

Goffik Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +170 / 0 / -0
    What exactly is it that you are "downloading"? OtterHUD is hosted online so the only thing you should be downloading is either the dash.exe or Crew Chief.

Also not sure what you mean by "setting box is vertical". Could you maybe post a screenshot to show what you mean?

16. Nash Bobo

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    Horiz1000.jpg

horizontal

vertal_1000.jpg

vertical

Thanks
    Nash

17. Dogge Wotan

Dogge Wotan New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    That's what it looks like to me, is it OK?

18. RampageRacing

RampageRacing Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +71 / 0 / -0
    I think those are two separate HUDs. The top one is Otterhud. The bottom one is the Sector3 HUD that you can download. I have the bottom one but all the vids on the Otterhud look like the top one. I could be wrong because I just recently installed the hud app myself.

19. Nash Bobo

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    Hey! Please watch these two videos.

The horizonal one is from March 6, 2020 on youtube

The vertical is from Apirl 5, 2019 on youtube

Thanks

20. Nash Bobo

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0