DTM 2019 or 2020

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by NiX, Apr 24, 2020.

1. fischhaltefolie

fischhaltefolie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,042 / 0 / -0
    Looking at fuel consumption of tenthousands of visitors travelling hundreds of km to a race makes this whole discussion a bit hypocritical. Thousands jumping in a jet for a short weekend trip ...:confused:

2. Nico Kunze

Nico Kunze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +396 / 0 / -0
    If its about the sport itself being more eco friendly then obviously its completely ridiculous. Just having one race weekend less would probably do more than switching to hybrid/electric for many many years would. The only point that seems relevant to me is using motorsports to develop technology for the road but i have no idea how much of that is being done and how much itll do for the environment on a larger scale

3. fischhaltefolie

Ratings:
    +1,042 / 0 / -0
    exactly this

4. Doug Spinster

Doug Spinster Member

Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    DTM is Dead

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. GregoryLeo

GregoryLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +360 / 0 / -0
    The main reason any automobile manufacturer sponsors race teams is to develop and test new technologies.

6. fischhaltefolie

Ratings:
    +1,042 / 0 / -0
    You should not forget the impact on image, marketing and advertising as a longtime payout for the manufacturers.
    Look at Ferrari, Porsche, Aston, BMW, Corvette, Mercedes, Alfa ... . Where would they be without success in mototrsports.

7. alesi27

alesi27 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +233 / 0 / -0
    Fingers crossed Sector 3 manages to persuade DTM for one last hurrah with a full 2020 season.

• Agree Agree x 3
  8. Stickdeath1980

Stickdeath1980 Active Member

Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -0
    Should chuck there money at a new Engine so we can have day/night and if Georg think's racerooms daytona looks the best he's in for a shock looking at ipayed's but there doing the best they can...after 3 years o so playing this games evovled at pretty much at it's last hand sadly...they boast about 4k members on discord and not even that many have played there game lol

9. switchface

switchface Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +111 / 0 / -0
    Unfortunately, the future of DTM does not look good with only BMW remaining. I would like to see DTM/SuperGT moving forward.

With regard to Raceroom, I would still buy older classic DTM packs if they were created. We have a few random years of Mercs...just build some cars to compete against it.

• Like Like x 2
  10. SwaggerJacker

SwaggerJacker Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +79 / 0 / -0
    Sounds like my ducted fan rc planes. Toys actually. That "E" sound in the vid does not stir anything in me. For me, it does not come close the the visceral sound of petrol powered race cars.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Niko Schrenker

Niko Schrenker Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    DTM races at the Indy course

12. Badgerous

Badgerous Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +223 / 0 / -0
    I can't speak historically, but they certainly didn't for the past two years.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. Olaf Hülse

Olaf Hülse Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +505 / 0 / -0
    They didn't. The oval is called 'Lausitzring' and is in East Germany.
    Greetings

14. TheOutdriver97

TheOutdriver97 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    Maybe @Niko Schrenker meant Brands Hatch Indy layout which DTM raced at between 2006 - 2013?

Last edited: May 7, 2020