Sequential paddles + stick?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Joost Mertens, Jun 28, 2015.

1. Joost Mertens

Joost Mertens Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    Hello, this is my first forums post here.

Quick introduction to my "problem", I have a logitech DFGT, with as you probably know only paddles and a sequential stick. I'm wondering if it is somehow possible to bind shift up/down to both the paddle and stick at the same time. I like to use the paddles on cars that have paddles irl, and the stick on cars that have a sequential stick irl but at the moment I have to rebind the buttons every time I switch between car types. It's only a minor nuisance, but in dirt Rally for example both stick and paddles are bound to shifting at the same time.

Hope someone can help me out, and I also hope this hasn't been asked before, I searched the forums and couldn't quite find a similar thread.

2. oppolo

oppolo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    it's impossible like in all ISI based games, you have to replicate a control profile in Documents\My Games\SimBin\RaceRoom Racing Experience\UserData\ControlSet, edit the first row "Name=" , and then edit it in the game

• Useful Useful x 1
  3. Joost Mertens

Joost Mertens Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for the quick reply, switching profiles is a lot more convenient than rebinding the buttons so I set it up like you proposed. Problem solved!

4. Rujasu

Rujasu New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    The way that doesn't involve text file editing is going to your Logitech profiler and making a new profile for RRRE.exe. You can then use the "new command" thing to set the paddles to operate the stick instead. And it even turns off automatically if you play some other game where you don't want this.

• Useful Useful x 1
  5. Joost Mertens

Joost Mertens Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    I kinda steered clear from the application specific profiles because i heard there where some problems when using them with Steam games, but I'll give this a shot because it sounds excactly like what I was trying to achieve.

6. machwebb

machwebb Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +224 / 0 / -0
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2015
  7. Joost Mertens

Joost Mertens Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    Xpadder is a program more used to bind keyboard keys to controllers, I've used it before on game with no controller support. I was trying to map a controller button to another controller button, and as proposed above you can do this with the logitech profiler, doing this I also noted you can assign keystrokes to buttons as well in the logitech profiler, maybe you can take a look at that to fix your Dpad, then you don't need xpadder as extra software.

• Informative Informative x 1
  8. machwebb

machwebb Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +224 / 0 / -0
    Unfortunately I'm using a Thrustmaster but it sounds like what you are suggesting could work for your original problem no.

9. Rujasu

Rujasu New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    It should work fine as long as the profiler and steam are running as administrator.