Porsche Competition

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by matic.plut25, May 3, 2020.

Tags:
  1. matic.plut25

matic.plut25 New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Wasn't there a plan to introduce daytona at the competition today together with the RSR? Its Spa now i guess.

2. Olaf Hülse

Olaf Hülse Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +505 / 0 / -0
    daytona has been delayed
    Greetings

• Like Like x 1
  3. RampageRacing

RampageRacing Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +71 / 0 / -0
    I must say that I am disappointed. Not just because Daytona is delayed but because it is a track that I know well. I live about 35 minutes away from it and I have been on it a few times. Plus I have many hours on it in other sims. I thought with the final Porsche competition being there I had a good shot at a free car. With the competition being moved to Spa that is not the case. I have never turned a lap on Spa so I doubt I can compete with others who have many hours of experience lapping there. I look forward to the eventual release.

4. FeltHλt

FeltHλt Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +479 / 0 / -0
    Give it a try, not everyone within top500 is gonna be raceroom professional driver alien ;)

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. switchface

switchface Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +111 / 0 / -0
    Then you, sir, are the real winner, as you are in for a treat!

6. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +102 / 0 / -0
    I've thousands of laps on Spa (not the new one though) and the competition is way to crazy for me to even reach top 30, so don't expect it to get better over time, there are always the faster guys, desolating all your hopes and archievements! :D

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. Arcson

Arcson Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +99 / 0 / -0
    By the way, it was a great idea to create a competition where not only goddamn fast aliens can reach for the prizes, but also a bit slower, yet still dedicated humble Johns Smiths. I sometimes really need that stick with a carrot to start lapping like crazy :D

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. FeltHλt

FeltHλt Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +479 / 0 / -0
    in a lot of competitions, outside of top guys, there are some random winners as well :p

9. Arcson

Arcson Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +99 / 0 / -0
    Yep, tried, never won that lucky ticket :p

• Like Like x 1
  10. OldFart

OldFart Active Member

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    Makes two of us :cry:

11. NL-Jos

NL-Jos Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +182 / 0 / -0
    Three of us :(

12. RampageRacing

Ratings:
    +71 / 0 / -0
    I will admit that it is an interesting track. Very European with the chicanes at the end of long straights. That is something that you do not see much of on American tracks. We do things like bus stop chicanes and keyholes but not a lot of second gear chicanes.

I have been struggling with the new FFB set-ups on my G27, learning the Porsche and running a few laps to learn the track. Right now I am 20 seconds off the leader with no realistic shot of getting good enough to get in the top 500 this week. That is OK. it has got me back playing Raceroom and I like the car. $5 is a small price to pay to buy it to drive on Daytona, Laguna Seca, Road America and Mid-Ohio.

• Like Like x 1
  13. GR18

GR18 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hello all,
    Is there any issues with the servers?, my time didn't update in the leaderboard, I did a 2:13.957 (see attached), is my time lost?

Thanks!

Attached Files:

14. morsify

morsify Active Member

Ratings:
    +36 / 0 / -0
    Don't worry, it sometimes takes a while to update.

BTW, I really think it is TIME to draw this leaderboard to a close. Like right now. :mad:
    I'm at four hundred and ninety something and falling. My dream of seeing the trailer arrive with that white Porsche on it, is slowly fading. I'm starting to panic. :eek:
    I keep finding a couple of tenths and losing it at the busstop. I wish I could go and practice the busstop over and over without doing the rest of the lap. :):D

• Like Like x 1
  15. switchface

Ratings:
    +111 / 0 / -0
    Damn you guys are fast! I got a 2:16 and have at most 3/4 of a second in there if I link everything together. Gave it an hour before I had to stop as I was drenched in sweat. No air conditioning and full motion makes for a sweaty driver!

16. switchface

Ratings:
    +111 / 0 / -0
    I agree (I'm from the US as well). I did a track day at Spa when I did European Delivery of my car and was shocked at how flat out so many parts of the track were. It was exhilarating, but also a bit hairy...and being Spa, of course it rained!

• Like Like x 1
  17. Nir Tal

Nir Tal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +53 / 0 / -0
    Yes, the busstop is pretty difficult in this car... I didnt get confident in all low speed corners with it, but the busstop is the easiest to practice - its the first corner when u restart :)

Do u take Eue-rouge flat out ? that will be the first place to cut few good tenths

18. morsify

morsify Active Member

Ratings:
    +36 / 0 / -0
    Yes it's the first corner at restart but unfortunately without the clock as a reference, but you're right, at least I can keep testing to find the cleanest way through.

Yes I'm flat out through Eau rouge, (and I usually manage it without scrubbing too much speed off I think).

I feel like I'm doing a pretty good lap, but I think mainly I am just not using the full width on exit in some places, and it's very difficult to convince the accelerator foot to go down earlier. It's such a fine line between getting through cleanly but leaving a metre to spare, or accelerating too early and exceeding the limits on the exit.

The danger is, after hammering out lap after lap, it's easy to get stuck in a rut, repeating the same braking, entry, throttle, with no improvement, so the constant repetition can be a bad thing.

I will go back tomorrow and start slow again, rebuild the lap and see where I can gain some time.

19. SilverK

SilverK New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Hope ppl dont get mad at me but Aris from Kunos posted amazing circuit walk for Spa. Different sim but lines and general stuff should be same. Look Aris Drives on youtube.

• Like Like x 2
  20. RampageRacing

Ratings:
    +71 / 0 / -0
    Therein lies my problem with the track as well. I am still down around 20 seconds from the leader but have at times been as much as 7 to 8 seconds up on my own time only to throw it all away with a track limit violation. I watched several streamers running Spa to learn the best line and gears for each corner. I swear I do not exceed the track limits any more than they do but I get invalid lap a lot. I am definitely missing the fine points of safely abusing the limits. ;)