Porsche Competition

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by matic.plut25, May 3, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Nir Tal

Nir Tal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +53 / 0 / -0
    When i get stuck with same stable lap times but no improvement then i throw in a ghost of a faster driver (little faster) and finds some tricks/lines/brake-points that I can do better.
    Busstop - doesnt worth the risk to take it fastest u can in this car. Just take it safe and smooth

• Like Like x 1
  2. GR18

GR18 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thank you!

Well I did another few laps and did 2:14.019 hope that secure top 500 :D,

By the way the sound of this car is amazing, well done

3. morsify

morsify Active Member

Ratings:
    +36 / 0 / -0
    Fell to 570th overnight :eek:
    I tried this, put heart and soul into it and gained a tenth - I'm gutted that it only moved me to around 540th :confused: (there isn't an emoji for someone lying on the floor in a pool of sweat).
    But it's a step in the right direction.
    I'm going back out there now.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Arcson

Arcson Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +99 / 0 / -0
    That competition is crazy indeed! Over 4500 drivers took part already and the top500 seems to be tight as hell.... I figured out how to be fast in sector 1 and how to take the last chicane possibly the best way. Now it all comes to master whats in between and this is what make my nights sleepless :p

In february I took part in FX-17@Zandvoort competition. As a person without any rank I noticed a chance to finally grab some vRPS. It started easy, but escalated as quickly as covid-19. Day by day, me and Stefan Zeller (greetings :p) started to beat each other lap. This became my curse. From like P100~ we climbed up to P8~! Unfrotunately I lost just by... 0.001s. But well, I learnt a lot and I hope to use some of this knowledge ;)

5. NL-Jos

NL-Jos Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +182 / 0 / -0
    I gave up hope, I was very happy with my 2: 15: 5xx
    For me this is the maximum possible.
    Even if I managed to find a second, I am not yet among the first 500
    Maybe they will give everyone a free Porsche when they see the number of participants
    :p:D

• Like Like x 1
  6. morsify

morsify Active Member

Ratings:
    +36 / 0 / -0
    I'm now beginning to suspect I'm being sent out on bald tyres. They're calling them 'slicks' but I don't know, I can see some cotton or something...….

I've done 160 laps in the last couple of days (plus another 180 invalid), I paid for my track days and fresh tyres to run on and I think I'm still using the same set I started with. :D:rolleyes:;) :sweat: :weary:

(to add insult to injury I went faster just now and gained, just one, single, solitary spot, and then fell back down again when someone else went faster LOL).

7. HomieFFM

HomieFFM Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +295 / 0 / -0
    what would really help would be a possible button binding for a quick restart and starting directly after the bus stop, would save much time xD

8. morsify

morsify Active Member

Ratings:
    +36 / 0 / -0
    I think I'm done.
    I've tried with open face helmet, full face helmet, hard top, soft top, top down, on my own, with a passenger, with dog in the back, family of four, 4 star, unleaded, diesel, nothing is getting me out of the 2:14s
    I am never going to Spa again.
    (until tomorrow)

• Funny Funny x 5
  9. Arcson

Arcson Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +99 / 0 / -0
    @morsify
    Try in a reverse gear. This helped me a lot. After trying so hard to cut anything I was really close to cutting myself, and a stupidly slow lap in R allowed me to think a bit... leading to a conclusion it's just not worth it. Take my 4.99€ or so instead of my life Sector3, please! :D:D

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. HomieFFM

Ratings:
    +295 / 0 / -0
    IMG_20200507_233611.jpg
    YES I'M BACK!!! (for 5 minutes maybe....)
    I will remember you top 500... see you in a different universe, where I'm a better driver.... :(

• Winner Winner x 1
  11. FeltHλt

FeltHλt Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +479 / 0 / -0
    most important part is that you had fun and tried your best
    im proud of you all, you are all diamonds
    ;)

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 1
  12. HomieFFM

Ratings:
    +295 / 0 / -0
    just an idea... it would be a nice gesture if the first 911 people win the car... that's a more logical number anyway. :D

• Creative Creative x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    Last edited: May 8, 2020
  13. Nir Tal

Ratings:
    +53 / 0 / -0
    Whats your in-game name, am curious to ghost your lap

14. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +102 / 0 / -0
    I'm on a 2:13.5 right now, seems to be enough for top 500. :D This leaderboard has indeed pretty tight distances. I can feel, that there is still much on the table, but i don't fully understand this type of car and track.

I recommend, to use TC around 3 and be not too(!) late on the brakes, optimize your line and be early on throttle, to push it around.

• Like Like x 3
    Last edited: May 8, 2020
  15. morsify

morsify Active Member

Ratings:
    +36 / 0 / -0
    Alfie Morse (haven't looked yet this morning, probably in 600th by now, not sure when the leaderboard ends, I'll give it one more try if it's still open later. LOL)

• Winner Winner x 1
  16. Nir Tal

Ratings:
    +53 / 0 / -0
    Well, too late now :) competition is over

17. RampageRacing

RampageRacing Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +71 / 0 / -0
    Thank God! I did not want to be further tempted to go back to that track and embarrass myself more. :p

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  18. Turtle Power

Turtle Power Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    I really like this New Porsche car. But there is one and the same issue over and over again with the seat ears blocking left and right view. For triple screen users this is NO GO. Unless you don't mind having left and right monitor covered in black. Hopefully we will live long enough to see option to remove, disable or whatever in relation to the seat/ seat ears. Otherwise amazing car and yeah, also like no dash on screen so it doesn't interfere with the external LCD dash screen.

Great job !

19. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +102 / 0 / -0
    Do you see your side mirrors? If the answer is yes, it's basically not unrealistic. Your peripheal vision is also blocked IRL pretty much in this kind of car, you can't basically even look that much left and right in the first place, because HANS is already stopping your helmet from moving too much.
    We simracers have MASSIVE luxury on our hands with all the pretty gimmicks, like tripples, VR, look behind button, virtual ingame mirrors, radar apps and so on. :D

EDIT: ...and as the icing on the cake, even a "turn off seat option" :p

20. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    turn off the seat 2020-05-08 1744 0001.jpg 2020-05-08 1746 0002.jpg

Andi

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1