Resolved BMW M1 Procar

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Kevin Sammut, May 8, 2020.

1. Kevin Sammut

Kevin Sammut New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Hi all, the BMW M1 Procar cannot be driven with manual clutch and H shifter, it's like is stuck on first gear,
    the gear change on the mini display, but it does not actually change.

Thanks

2. Alex Hodgkinson

Alex Hodgkinson KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +1,948 / 0 / -0
    Just tested and it's working for me. Make sure you have "h shifter enabled" in your controller settings.

3. Kevin Sammut

Kevin Sammut New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Hi, Thanks for your reply, H shifter is enabled, it works ok on auto clutch but not on manual.

Thanks

Manual clutch:

Auto clutch:

4. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    videos are private

Andi

5. Kevin Sammut

Kevin Sammut New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Thanks Andi. is it ok now please?

6. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +102 / 0 / -0
    Are you lifting the throttle between the shifts?

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Alex Hodgkinson

Alex Hodgkinson KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +1,948 / 0 / -0
    This looks like the issue. You need to lift the throttle when you change gear.
    Could be confusing as auto clutch also enabled auto lift.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. ndwthx1138

ndwthx1138 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +101 / 0 / -0

Agreed, he's not lifting and thus it's not going into gear.. The behavior has been very awkward since several patches ago when the transmissions were updated. Should it be reporting the gear has changed when it's not?

I've had to stop using manual clutch due to awkward behavior, I actually use the clutch pedal for rev matching/shifting and launching in auto clutch as manual was undependable and simply caused too many issues of not going into gear or rpms dropping for no reason I could understand.

9. CrimsonEminence

Ratings:
    +102 / 0 / -0
    It's like an exploit protection, realized with a veeeery sluggish clutch slipping behaviour, if flat shifted. It's basically not particularly wrong for many cars, to be shifted with a certain timing, but R3E denies dogboxing totally (always damages the transmission, even when correctly clutchless synchronized) and isn't made for flatshifting (the loooong clutchslip-like thingy).
    This is a shame in my eyes, because the underlying transmission model is pretty usable.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Jens Roos

Jens Roos New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Regarding manual dog shift it still needs ignition cut (triggered from load cell on shift lever) or throttle lift on up shift, and throttle blip (or clutch) on down shift. You would need to use excessive force to shift otherwise, the "dogs" on the gear and dog ring are normally undercut to prevent the dog ring to slip away under load.

However, if the car did have dog gear box with flat-shift, it would be great if it worked in-game as well.

11. Kevin Sammut

Kevin Sammut New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Thanks, will try it out tomorrow. :)

12. CrimsonEminence

Ratings:
    +102 / 0 / -0
    Correct.
    This is exactly what i mean.

13. wesker6664

wesker6664 Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    This is driving me nuts !!! I need to use auto clutch because of that, and it's a shame. Basically i almost don't use older cars anymore because of this... the manual shifting needs a revision in RRE, it's not realistic at all. We should be able to upshift at the speed we want and that's all !