Raceroom dtm 2016 downshifting issue

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sam, May 8, 2020.

1. Sam

Sam New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hello

In DTM 2016 cars I noticed that when i downshifting, for example fifth gear to second gear, it remains in third gear and only later passes to second when downshifting.

Is there a fix for this?

2. Paul Darke

Paul Darke Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +249 / 0 / -0
    Why do you want to shift from 5th to 2nd? These cars do not use manual gears in real life.

3. PanVlk

PanVlk Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    It's not a bug, it's likely downshift protection preventing you from redlining the engine. It's weird you are mentioning it in relation to DTM16 though, downshifting there is extremely forgiving.

4. Sam

Sam New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Paul, i didn't explain well, i use the logitech g29 sequential gears for it,
    and PanVlk what's the name for downshifting protection in options and what value should i set?

5. PanVlk

PanVlk Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    It's not something you can set up in options. It's something that's present in real life in certain the cars to prevent engine from damage if the driver tries to downshifts too fast.

And as I mentioned downshifting in DTM16 is already extremely forgiving, if it doesn't allow you to downshift, it means you are trying to downshift way too early. Slow down accordingly first and you'll be able to downshift just fine.

• Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2021
  6. Sam

Sam New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Ok, thanks for the help.