The Sherlock Thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by HomieFFM, Jan 9, 2019.

1. Olaf Hülse

Olaf Hülse Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +505 / 0 / -0
    My ideas for tracks are missing WTCR Tracks: Vila Real, Aragon, Inje Speedium...
    No idea about that new licence though, could be anything
    Greetings

2. TheOutdriver97

TheOutdriver97 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    I really like those Hyundai liveries and was hoping they might make it to the store. It could be nothing and just part of the BETA build but Georg seemed quite secretive about it.

I really hope it's a selection of TCR cars and liveries in addition to the WTCR cars we have. I did check the Lada Vesta eSports event and those cars were part of an eSports class.

• Like Like x 2
  3. majuh

majuh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +257 / 0 / -0
    The new CUPRA Leon Competición has been added to the TC Cup class. It appears to have generic liveries. It's probably for the next CUPRA Simracing Series eSports championship.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Aspius

Aspius Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    The DTM Esports Classic Challenge will have a fifth bonus round but what car they will be using is not confirmed.

One can hope it's some new content.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Olaf Hülse

Ratings:
    +505 / 0 / -0
    Had a quick look through the car files...
    Nothing suspicious
    Just:
    The Hillclimb BMW Judd has a predecessor version in the game
    The DTM Ford Mustang is Group A Spec bulid
    There is a fantasy Honda TCR, probably just the Michelisz Competition and or the BTCC Honda
    The Mercedes Competition liveries are called 2017, maybe there were some changes that time?
    The FrX-17 is called Fr1
    The Porsche Cup is, as known, seperated in the public endurance spec and sprint spec for the Scandinavia Competion which might be available soon
    There exists a Seat Leon TCR in the game and I like that car

Might makes sense to race the Bonus Round at Brands Hatch GP ;)
    Greetings

6. majuh

majuh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +257 / 0 / -0
    Basically there are 6 unreleased cars right now that have been added recently:
    • VW ID.R
    • BMW 320 E36 Judd V8
    • Honda Civic Type R (FK8)
    • Porsche 911 GT3 Cup (Sprint)
    • Porsche 911 RSR 2019
    • CUPRA Leon Competición
    The only older cars in the game files that have never been released should be the Mercedes-AMG C63 DTM 2017 and the Lada Vesta TCR, although both cars were only rather quick conversions based on the older models.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Olaf Hülse

Ratings:
    +505 / 0 / -0
    The BMW 320 E36 Judd V8 is the old car of Georg Plasa's (RIP) Hillclimb monster. The version in R3E is the one he suffered his severe accident and hasn't raced much in it. Some guys today still take this beast out for some runs. I do not know how S3S were able to gather data from the old car in the last half a year or so, I don't think it's still racing...
    However, if this is going to be released, then this brings back hopes for some more Hillclimb Tracks :D
    Greetings

• Like Like x 1
  8. FeltHλt

FeltHλt Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +479 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, i wonder if those new hillclimb tracks are still a thing :confused: Just need updated gr5 for some hillclimb runs

• Like Like x 1
  9. Nico Kunze

Nico Kunze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +396 / 0 / -0
    Veeeery long stretch but maybe were getting the 2018 dtm cars ;)
    1:09:05
    99% sure tho that he just doesnt know the game that well but who knows :D

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    maybe not

Andi

• Funny Funny x 5
  11. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    Getting Data for the 320 Judd should be one of the easiest tasks for Raceroom, as KW owns that car...

http://blog-int.kwautomotive.net/one-team-one-mission-neverforget-georg-plasa/

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Olaf Hülse

Ratings:
    +505 / 0 / -0
  13. Arthur Spooner

Arthur Spooner Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432 / 0 / -0
    I don't think anybody wants to own the new one as it is destroyed and Georg Plasa died in it.

14. rad

rad Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +458 / 0 / -0
    So this is bit of a stretch, could have nothing to do with RaceRoom, but at the same time could have a lot so let's fuel it.

On GTPlanet news showed up about new BTCC game in the making
    https://www.gtplanet.net/a-british-...ame-is-coming-in-2021-succeeds-original-toca/

Source of this is Matt Neal - driver from Honda Yuasa Racing. So happens, that we got this little thing couple of months ago from Dan Cammish - driver from the same team:
    There was also this video uploaded on RaceRoom UK YouTube channel that has 33 views and went completely overlooked

Could be one-off, but maybe there is something more to it. If you look closely, this Civic seems to actually be BTCC model, not just simple repainted TCR one (front bumper also panels on side).

Another possibility is that GTR3 went in different direction and will focus on BTCC season.

I just wait for announcement that BTCC won't be using Brands Hatch GP from 2021 and onwards, this would pretty much confirm this series in Raceroom.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Arthur Spooner

Arthur Spooner Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432 / 0 / -0
    :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

16. TheOutdriver97

TheOutdriver97 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    This could be very exciting news, if it gets announced I may need some time alone...

I'd written this off after Dan Cammish tried to get some momentum behind a BTCC game between TOCA and Codemasters but Alan Gow was reluctant to give out the licence unless all cars and tracks were included.

RaceRoom might be doubtful as Matt Neal mentioned it being a standalone game and modelling all tracks and cars would be a big job. Fortunately the cars are built on a lot of control parts so handling changes will be more subtle (other than FWD vs RWD) so please prove me wrong Sector3!

Dan Cammish being more involved with RaceRoom and his car being modelled into the game could be a good sign but I think a studio with the resources of Codemasters would be more likely. If so I just hope they don't go too arcadey with it.

Either way there are few (if any) modern racing series that can match the quality of racing you see in the BTCC. TOCA 2 was my first racing game.

17. rad

rad Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +458 / 0 / -0
    With update, new cars sneaked into RR - Hyundai i30 TCR 2020 and Lada Vesta TCR 2020. Also I see files of liveries for other TCR cars, most likely WTCR 2020

• Like Like x 5
  18. Olaf Hülse

Ratings:
    +505 / 0 / -0
    I hope the Goodyear tyres this year will feel different to the Yokohama ones from 18/19
    Greetings

19. fischhaltefolie

fischhaltefolie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,042 / 0 / -0
    Too late to post, 'cause thread was closed quickly.
    upload_2020-5-23_13-11-24.png

• Winner Winner x 4
  20. Olaf Hülse

Ratings:
    +505 / 0 / -0
    It all comes together now!
    Greetings

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1