Problem Ghosting image in VR

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Oops01, May 17, 2020.

1. Oops01

Oops01 Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    I hope someone can help me, I've just jumped back into r3e with my oculus rift S to give it a try, and I'm getting what I can only describe as a double vision/ghosting image, as the cars drive by me in the pits and out on track,but especially in the pits they have like a blurry double vision/ghosting to them, I've tried setting the launch parameters to -vr 2.0 but this still doesn't help
    I've tried to get screenshots of what I'm talking about but the game wont let me take screenshots while I'm in vr, it lets me take screenshots in pancake screen though.
    Other games look spot on, no problems just R3E, I have set the world scale to 1.0 which now makes the world look right, but the double vision/ghosting is still there, and I have messed about with the IPD but it doesn't seem to make any difference. I've found that if I'm looking at the ingame menus (on track between practice and qualy and the race) and I move my head from side there's a bit of ghosting. It's starting to give me a headache which none of my other vr games do and as well as nearly all of the racing titles I also play a lot of fps.
    I've also posted this in the race room forums to see if I can get an answer, and while the guys there are super helpful no-one has an answer yet.
    One thing is that I run the game @1920x1080 and my desktop is 5846x1080, I tried running the game in this resolution but the hud was to small to read and I still had the ghosting.
    One thing is that I run the game @19My spec is :-
    i7 6700 o/c @ 4.6
    Cooler Master masterliquid lite120
    RTX 2080
    32gb hyper x ddr4 2400
    Monitor is Samsung 24"LC24RG50FQUXEN x3 (triple)
    windows 10 64 bit

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 17, 2020
  2. ndwthx1138

ndwthx1138 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +101 / 0 / -0
    you got a couple things going on that are stumbling you up.

Inside steamVR - turn off smoothing or whatever nonsense they are calling it this month - and turn legacy mode on in the video tab.

im running a 2080ti and can’t run that much super sampling btw.

Reduce reflections to low -

lastly reduce the game resolution down to
    720p - then restart in VR. This can greatly improve performance.

3. Oops01

Oops01 Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    @ndwthx1138 thanks m8, I'll certainly try all your suggestions one thing though, when you say supersampling do you mean the launch options in steam?

4. ndwthx1138

Ratings:
    +101 / 0 / -0
    Yes, you are trying to force 200% super sampling with the VR 2.0 - I’m not entirely sure you can like that anymore to be honest.

I have the super sampling set in steamvr per application. It’s been awhile since I looked at where I’m at in that regard.

Im a very big proponent of having reprojection turned off for sim racing. 45fps is simply not high enough for 10ths or 100ths of a second inputs. So my super sampling is a little lower than I’d like (I think around 155%).

5. Oops01

Oops01 Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Thanks again ndwthx1138, I took onboard all your suggestions and I also reinstalled the game, but the big one was the reflections as soon as I did that it helped big time, now I still have a little bit of ghosting when I'm in the pits and the cars go by, the back end of the cars show a little ghosting but it's a mile better I can now enjoy it again, so thank you so much :)

6. ndwthx1138

Ratings:
    +101 / 0 / -0
    you put it in legacy mode? For me without doing this I always get ghosting as soon as their are other cars on the track with me. It’s their reprojection system that is always on in the newer steamvr.

7. Oops01

Oops01 Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    yeah I did all of your suggestions :)
    Now I have a different problem, I can't buy off the store but I've sent an email to support so I'm hoping they get back to me asap :)

Last edited: May 17, 2020