Slow Nissan and McLaren AI in GT3 class

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Mid Night, Apr 28, 2020.

1. Mid Night

Mid Night Active Member

Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -0
    Hey guys,

I have the issue that the AI is really slow when they drive the Nissan GT-R GT3 or the McLaren 650S GT3.

No matter where they start, they will always end up dead last when the race is long enough. Actually Nissans are last and right before the Nissan it will be the McLarens.

When I do a shuffled grid without qualifying sometimes a McLaren or Nissan starts from the pole, but it often takes them only about 3 laps to be in P20 or even further behind.

Funily enough the McLaren MP4 GT3 car can fight for the win but the 650s is just a sitting duck.

Are the talent files wrong or what is the problem that the AI is so slow?
    I mean an Alvaro Parente, Shane van Gisbergen and Jan Madenborough are far from being slow..

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    hi ive adfded this to the bug tracker but need a bit more info ;
    what ai level are you running
    is this all tracks
    and what race lengths

thanks
    Andi

3. Mid Night

Mid Night Active Member

Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -0
    Hey Andi, thanks for the fast reply!

AI level was always between 93 and 96.
    It happened to me on every track beside Hungaroring where a Nissan on pole finished in 5th and a McLaren in 9th.
    Tracks I tested:
    -Spa combined
    -Sepang
    -Nordschleife VLN
    -Suzuka
    -Indianapolis
    -Bathurst
    And a few others.

Also I have a Screenshot of a qualifying run of suzuka, where the 6 Nissans where all in the last rows. I will upload it later.

Race length was between 15 minutes and 1,5 hours. All with the same result.

4. jt33396

jt33396 Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    I can also confirm that the Nissans are very slow on pretty much every track I take them on personally.

Cant name specific tracks but every driver/livery of the Nissan I end up lapping pretty much

5. Punisher

Punisher New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Yes, I think the Nissans have been running last for ages, but now also Mclarens and Bentleys seems to be slowed down.
    I have run couple of championships (AI diff 100-105, several different tracks, 4 drivers from each car (Audi, BMW, Mercedes, Porcshe, Bentley, Nissan, Callaway Corvette and Mclaren).
    Nissans are always last, and Mclarens and Bentleys basically never finish a race within top 15 (out of 32 drivers).
    I have tried changing the drivers a lot, but doesn't seem to help, Bell and Tandy seems to be fastest on Mclaren and Bentley, but they only sometimes can compete with the slowest of BMW and Audi.

6. anno900

anno900 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    That Covers my experience as Well. So I Sometimes do single make gt3 championship

7. Mid Night

Mid Night Active Member

Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -0
    I just have done a qualifying with a small grid to rule out the possibility that Nissans and Mclarens don`t get a free lap due to traffic. But same result:

[​IMG]

All 6 Nissans and both Mclarens are at the very end of this small grid.

8. ndwthx1138

ndwthx1138 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +101 / 0 / -0
    Can you guys actually drive the nissan quickly? I have it over 1.5 seconds slower than the porsche at nearly every track. The Bentley is another one, very very hard to get a good lap and slow.. Maybe the AI is experiencing what I am! In fairness the Mcalren is not that far off the pace of the top 5 (merc, bmw, porsche, audi, vette)..