Dtm 92 bug

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Turtle Power, May 22, 2020.

1. Turtle Power

Turtle Power Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    It appears that Bmw dtm 92 have assisted gear shifting when set to manual
    and no need for heel n toe??
    Cheersi

2. mr_belowski

mr_belowski Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    ensure you're not running with auto-clutch. Set the shifting mode to manual and if you have H-pattern shifting enabled in the advanced controller options, and have assigned an analog clutch pedal and h-pattern shifter, it should require proper use of the clutch to prevent gearbox damage and a throttle blip on the down shift to prevent the rear wheels locking up when you lift the clutch

3. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +790 / 0 / -0
    can you just check that your settings havent done something stupid on there own

Andi

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Turtle Power

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    The H pattern is off because I use sequential shifter. However, I have it set to manual and NOT auto clutch which means I should be able to use clutch and sequential as always and heel n toe on downshifting.
    Just to make things more clear, all I am saying is that the car revs go up automatically on downshifting and that is not right. Usually without heel n toe it would lock up tyres and spin the car. This issue is found recently in BMW DTM92 and I am yet to check the rest from the same group.
    Cheers

Last edited: May 23, 2020
  5. Arthur Spooner

Arthur Spooner Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432 / 0 / -0
    My autoclutch setting was magically switched on with the update too. I also had problems with it and didn't even look for this setting as I never changed it. But after I got told on Discord to check it, because the behaviour I was experiencing was like with autoclutch on, I looked for it an it was actually on. And again: I didn't switch it on, no way. So, have you actually checked the setting or are you just telling from what you know you did before the update?

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Turtle Power

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    In regards to the older BMW DTM 92. The bug is Assisted Rev Matching while braking (when set to Manual)

Before the update I always had older cars on Manual in order to use clutch and heel n toe style driving. After the update the settings remain the same, Manual (no change) but I've noticed that rev matching while braking is now automatically assisted.

7. Alex Hodgkinson

Alex Hodgkinson KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +1,948 / 0 / -0
    There is no auto revmatching on any of our manual cars when set to manual box mode. However for the DTM 92 cars a change was made so they're less sensitive to mismatched revs when downshifting.

• Informative Informative x 1
  8. Turtle Power

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    I personally think before was better and more realistic. Anyway, it is what it is.
    Thanks guys

• Agree Agree x 1