Big Performance Decrease after today's update

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Foofer37, May 23, 2020.

1. Foofer37

Foofer37 Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    Trying to be nice. Today's update has made my game crawl along at 50-60 FPS. Was getting 120 plus. FFB updates have made the game very difficult to find a good setting. I wish you would stop with the updates. You're ruining the game. A lot of us have put tons of money in this game only to have it be a totally different game now and it's constant fussing with just getting it to even work. I spend way more hours re-configuring the game then I do playing it.

2. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    Performance is fine for me. My PC is pretty low end. Must be your PC. FFB is great.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Foofer37

Foofer37 Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    Good. Yeah. My fault. Thanks

4. ravey1981

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    If this game were running on a console then you could blame the game. Everyone has different PCs with different GPUs and different windows setups and different stuff running in the background. If it runs fine on my old i5 with a 1050ti the it should run on pretty much anything. It's usually some crap in the background using up system resources that causes FPS issues.

5. Foofer37

Foofer37 Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    Nah. Game was running fine. After the update it crawls. But I said that already.

6. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +278 / 0 / -0
    No issues for me either. If my antivirus starts up or windows does some updating then yeah it does crawl.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Balrog

Balrog Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 0 / -0
    Are we talking about the same car-track-field number combination? Because in my experience, performance can be pretty inconsistent throughout the content.

8. ravey1981

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    But then mine was running fine, and still is after the update. So it's not as if some game breaking bug has got in or everyone would have problems.

9. Nico Kunze

Nico Kunze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +395 / 0 / -0
    I thought the same thing on wednesday :D
    But then i noticed that was the hottest day in 7 or 8 months and just blamed the higher temperatures for the issues. And after a day of waiting today everythings back to normal

10. Not Lifting Off

Not Lifting Off Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +368 / 0 / -0
    DOH!

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  11. Paul Darke

Paul Darke Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +249 / 0 / -0
    And this contributed what to the conversation?

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Not Lifting Off

Ratings:
    +368 / 0 / -0
    About as much as raveys 3 posts!

@ravey1981 dislike all you want bud, how about rather than arguing the game is perfect maybe offer some assistance, three posts you made in this thread all came back to you and your pc and how if that is fine then the game must be fine, this while pointing out that there are so many combinations of pcs that in reality there is a very good chance that the game does play up and isnt perfect for some combinations.
    Maybe the hotfix today fixed it, maybe not, hey you know, the game cant be perfect can it with a hotfix to fix framerate issues amongst other things released today after the one yesterday or day before whenever it was.

• Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: May 23, 2020
  13. Jukka Karppinen

Jukka Karppinen Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +137 / 0 / -0
    Seriously??

Last year or so has been best in R3e history, updates have bring this game to top of the sims pretty much every area except maybe graphics wich are still fine for me. Physics, tyre model, ffb, damage model, all are massively better than ever before and still getting better with every update.
    And no performance hit in my end.

14. ravey1981

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    It passed the testing with no problems, the vast majority of users have not reported problems. There are untold combinations of hardware and software out there which the developers can never account for. In the vast majority of cases where performance is a problem it turns out to be something else on the person's computer or some specific unknown settings that is hindering the running of the game rather than issues with the game itself, or as I said, problems would be seen my the vast majority and not by a select few.

If you sell 100 cars and 99 people don't have any problems, but one person who happens to have nails on their drive suffers punctures, it's not the manufacturer of the car or tyres at fault is it?

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. Andy Kettler

Andy Kettler Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +1,107 / 0 / -0
    @Foofer37 What car, track combo or game mode/race settings did you noticed the issue respectively did you use to compare pre/after update ?

And pls make sure you got the latest RR Hotfixes so the game is up to date :)

Last edited: May 23, 2020
  16. Not Lifting Off

Ratings:
    +368 / 0 / -0
    So did you ask the OP if they had any nails on their drive ;)

17. ravey1981

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    My second post on this thread implies as much.

18. Not Lifting Off

Ratings:
    +368 / 0 / -0
    Gold that is mate.

Nowhere near! its usually some crap in the background, i see no mention of nails or tyres or anything, pure class mate!

• Wonderful Wonderful x 1
  19. Foofer37

Foofer37 Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    But I'm saying I just updated. After the update is when performance went way down. I tried the new RSR on the Nordschleife.

20. Foofer37

Foofer37 Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    I'm convinced the problem is with R3E. I know my machine inside and out. It runs lean and I never have issues. My other games all run at very high frames. iRacing runs at just under 200FPS, ACC up to 90FPS with most settings either EPIC or High and that game is at least twice as CPU/GPU intensive. Shooters etc all run with no issues. Once this latest R3E update dropped, launched the game and I lost around 80-90FPS.