Released Game Update - 20th May 2020

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by J-F Chardon, May 20, 2020.

1. Barbie

Barbie Active Member

Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -0
    One question I've got after playing a lot with older cars (mostly Grp 5, M1 Cup, Grp 4):

Do the AI actually start a session with cold tires ? Because everytime, I'm getting passed by the AI the first/second lap out of the pit like I'm not running the same car class.
    It's not that much of a deal during practice or qualifying, but it also happens during races and no matter how well I qualify, I'm getting passed the first few laps and I can't do much about it.

It's very noticable with the above mentioned cars because the tires need 2/3 laps to get to temperature.

• Like Like x 1
  2. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    That's a valid question, I thought the same today. Took me 3 laps to get heat into the Capri tyres, the AI were hugely faster. I will ask.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Loki-D

Loki-D Member

Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    I've noticed this for a while in many classes I don't think the ai start on Cold tyres

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. ravey1981

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    Confirmed AI always have tyres at optimal temp, which does disadvantage the player especially when tyres take a few laps to get up to temp.

• Informative Informative x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +278 / 0 / -0
    I guess the flipside means they should also get more tyre wear, but whether that translates to slower laptimes over a stint is debatable and it is certainly tougher with cars that don´t have pre heated tyres.

6. Janno

Janno New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Nice. It sounds much better now!

7. Paul Darke

Paul Darke Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +249 / 0 / -0
    You need to remove the setups you had and start again unfortunately.

8. ravey1981

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    It's was just an incremental update from V3 to V4 tyres, nothing huge just refining the model. As above it does mean old setups are obsolete.

I can't remember the exact details of what changed on the tyre, maybe @Alex Hodgkinson Will tell you, maybe he won't.

9. yoori

yoori Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +103 / 0 / -0
    It seems to me somethng is off with 911 GT3 R after last update.
    I've been (un)lucky lately, t ologin when a race happened on Mid Ohio Chicane (GT3 or GT2). So that was my testing stage.

Over the weekend I tried the 911 on mid ohio and first turn I spun braking to T1. If I was able to finish the lap my times were like ussual. But the car was very unstable underbraking, Pressing the brake hard ended up in a spin, I needed to press the gas pedal under braking to stabilise the car.

On the exit I felt much more grip, maybe too much. Pressing the gas pedal hard (100% tc) made the car oversteer (without loosing grip), where I was expecting slight understeer.

Added to the above I noticed sudden direction changes that just felt unnatural, like there was too much weight transfer, suspension was too soft.

I changed the car to the RSR, to check if that problem was on my side, and it felt normal and much easier than the GT3.
    After a few laps I switched back to the GT3. It was better, I was able to utilise increased grip braking less.

But it's not all good. The GT3 still remains unpredictable to me, a liitle too much brake and it snaps. I used to trailbrake a lot, now I coast a lot.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Arthur Spooner

Arthur Spooner Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432 / 0 / -0
    I also noticed a significant increase in tail-happiness for the GT3 cars with this update. I can only advise you to try and cure it with one or two clicks harder slow dampers at the rear. Felt better for me, more stable.

11. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +278 / 0 / -0
    I noticed it on the first few laps but things go back to normal after so maybe lower tyre temps at the beginning like with Gr.5s.

12. Nir Tal

Nir Tal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +53 / 0 / -0
    I would suggest the opposite - increase slow dampers at the front, in order to fade the turn-in. Or decrease the rear dampers.

I didnt try the 911 GT3 since the update but I felt this behavior (Yoori described) in the RSR - need to be very gentle on the brakes and turn-in at low speed corners, else the car loose it and its impossible to counter-correct. Took me quite some time to get used to it and sort-of soften this behavior with setup.
    I think its related to YAW inertia that got more pronounce

13. Loki-D

Loki-D Member

Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    What's wrong with the slip effect now? I have to almost turn it off to rid the horrible buzz saw in my wheel when losing traction.

14. Hervé45

Hervé45 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +135 / 0 / -0
    Do you this in your rcs ?
    ffb slip freq multiplier="5.0" // Slip effect frequency. 1.0f = 1 cycle per wheel rev

Test with this
    ffb slip freq multiplier="2.0" // Slip effect frequency. 1.0f = 1 cycle per wheel rev

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. Loki-D

Loki-D Member

Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    Thank you this worked and my TSPC racer doesnt sound broke anymore.

Please devs use this fix in the TSPC racer files.

• Informative Informative x 1
  16. Loki-D

Loki-D Member

Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    Guys gotta check the indy car ai at zandvoort, its a catostrophe!

17. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    I have a request for the DTM (13-) 16 AI : After nearly 5 Years of League Racing most of our drivers (specially the fast ones) generally use Wing settings between (10) 8 - 6 for almost all tracks we raced so far which makes racing the AI quiet unpleasant for solo practice purposes, cause with their standard settings (which is 16, I guess) it makes racing them rather annoying than competitive. Any chance S3 could adjust those AI setups ? Thx ;)

18. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +156 / 0 / -0
    So can triple screen users yet adjust the tilt/pitch of the seat by a mapped button? Or is my money in R3E still wasted ?

19. ravey1981

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    No

Is the centre of your monitors a long way from your eyeline measured horizontally?

20. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +156 / 0 / -0
    My eyes line up perfectly with the center of my monitors .
    I thought maybe it was because i used to play in a single screen and had adjusted the seat for that screen and now triples where off, so i deleted all car cameras and let the game write new ones but i still sit far to high up when hiding the in car dash (i use SimHub for my dash) or i have a screen full of dash when i line up the windscreen correctly :confused: