Which 3 aspects do you like most about RRE? May 2020

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Vale, May 25, 2020.

?

Which 3 aspects of RRE do you like the most?

Poll closed Jun 24, 2020.
  1. User Interface

5.8%
  2. Graphics

9.6%
  3. Sound

36.5%
  4. Physics (car handling)

59.6%
  5. Ongoing game development

57.7%
  6. System requirements (how well my PC runs the game)

11.5%
  7. Control device compatibility and Force Feedback (how well the game works with my input device)

19.2%
  8. Game content (cars and tracks)

55.8%
  9. Multiplayer online mode

9.6%
  10. Other (please make a post commenting in more detail)

11.5%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +278 / 0 / -0
    A quick poll to allow people to express their preferences about the game. You can vote for 3 aspects in any order of importance. I used all the available options so if there is something you like about the game that does not fit into any category e.g. AI performance, realism (track limits, strategy) game pricing model etc please select other and mention what you like in the comments.

I voted other for the free 2 play aspect of the game, which allows you to try out limited content and get a feel for the game before spending money.

• Like Like x 2
    Last edited: May 25, 2020
  2. Loki-D

Loki-D Member

Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    Commitment to AI and offline racing.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Jukka Karppinen

Jukka Karppinen Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +137 / 0 / -0
    1. Physics/tyre model, latest updates have bring them right at top of the current Sims.

2. Content. Great presentation of historic GT/touring cars. Hopefully Even more in future.

3. Ongoing development. Keeps physics, ffb, sounds up to date, especially lately.

Next would have been sounds, but i had to choose only 3. :D

• Like Like x 1
  4. anno900

anno900 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    Additionally to my selected itmes:
    Taking care of offline racers (AI)
    Driving against "real drivers" offline, meaning, that you have the real names of the drivers e.g. at all DTM classes, ADAC GT masters. Even at m235i cup you have the names of the VLN participants etc.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Mike S

Mike S Member

Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    The AI and the auto difficulty are the best parts for me. The car selection is really good in some areas as well.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Henrik Fredborg

Henrik Fredborg New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    The AI is the best part for me too. This is also why I still prefer Raceroom over another title right now ;) which completely ignores the obvious AI problems. They have a 12 page thread on their forum about the AI not being able to overtake other AI and the developers still completely ignores it. In Raceroom the patches almost always have AI improvements listed and the AI races like real drivers and does not drive on rails. It shows a great commitment to the offline racers.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +278 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for all your replies. Tomorrow I may put up another poll about weaknesses/improvements. Kind of like a wishlist but more general.

8. CheerfullyInsane

CheerfullyInsane Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +402 / 0 / -0
    AI for me as well.
    Don't get me wrong, there's a lot of other things to enjoy in R3E. But the Adaptive AI is what keeps bringing me back.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. MattStone

MattStone Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +169 / 0 / -0
    Yes the AI is my biggest love
    There's still lots of room for improvement but it's miles ahead of any other title I've played.

Graphics are bright & sharp and save a few issues with circuits like Spa I can use almost full eye-candy on my triple 1080p rig

Sounds are bloody amazing and is one of the first things I notice when I try other games which lack the depth and detail R3E delivers.

I love the way the game isn't technically version 1 yet (still in beta) as it means the developers mindset is that the game isn't yet finished and that there is room for improvement. I love the constant updates; yes it means we may have to delete our old setups occasionally and our aai file gets screwed up but the positive side is with each update it gets better and better.

I think the op should have had an "all of the above" option.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1