Big Performance Decrease after today's update

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Foofer37, May 23, 2020.

1. Foofer37

Foofer37 Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    So, I reinstalled R3E. All tracks (that I tried) work ok. The Nordschleife is a problem. I get 40-50 frames on this track. The others, I get 120-130 FPS. So, it's frustrating that some of you just quickly tried to blame me/my computer without making any effort.

Anyway, what happened to the NS? I havent' raced this track in a while so can't be sure when this problem arose, but it could do with fixing.

2. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +102 / 0 / -0
    So you re-installed your game on your computer, to fix your issue and still think, it wasn't on your side? ;)
    Never take that personally, it can already be on your side of the system, if steam has f***ed up an update and borked some settings or the launch of the game...

Example:
    I was using the normal WebHUD and it was tanking my system heavily and i was confused, why R3E was running so badly on my system, while the Ott3rHUD is relatively ressource friendly to configure.

You should probably get worse FPS on Ningbo and the NoS, yes, this is on R3Es side. The remaining tracks should run relatively fine. Maybe a bit of a hit on Zolder is possible. I was getting quite wonky FPS, racing GT4 yesterday, but it was a full field and the Ryzen 1600 is not the ultra strongest single core performer.

May i ask, if you post your PC-Specs? You could also write them to your signature, it can help solving an issue.
    Better ask, what happened to the game. The day time transition and shadow overhaul, that were introduced, can hit the performance a bit now.
    Also the NoS is a veeeery big track, compared to all the others, it was always the case with ISImotor related foundations, that bigger tracks run quite wonky, when certain areas of the system are bottlenecked.

(The rF NoS conversion for GTR2 tanked my old Athlon XP 2500+ and GeForce 6600GT really hard with full shadows, and dynamic day night, for example).

Try lowering the shadow quality one level, it is the previous level of performance hit before the updates on that, basically. Also many different cars can hit the performance quite heavy on systems with relatively low single core CPU performance. Do you use a WebHUD? If you use Fanatec hardware, sometimes their drivers do strange things to performance after a Windows Update, for example. (That's why i asked for PC specs.)

3. Foofer37

Foofer37 Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    Strange.
    Here, let me word it differently for you:
    I reinstalled R3E because R3E has a problem. I reinstalled it on my fully functional computer that has no issues whatsoever with any other game. Including games that contain the NS. I did not reinstall any other game to fix any problem because no other game is having a problem. R3E has the problem. That's why R3E got reinstalled. R3E is the only game where there is now still a problem.
    But because R3E is on my computer, you still attempt to make the connection between R3E's NS problem and my computer.
    I suppose it's a nice try, but to me it's totally lame.

Further you tell me that rF's conversion for GTR tanked your old Athlon XP. So what's the point? It's an old Athlon. Why wouldn't it tank? What does that have to do with my computer? Do people use logic anymore?

My system specs ( which by the way) have never had a problem running R3E on any track with any car until I tested it recently. I7 6800, 32GB RAM, Nvidia GTX 2060.

I've already stated many facts about how my machine runs any sim at high FPS as well as other games.

But you seem intent on putting the problem with my machine, which is quite typical. It's just a fanboy thing. I'll never understand the whole fanboy thing.

In the end, it's fine. I don't need any help really. I'll either play R3E, or I won't. Perhaps in a couple weeks or months after another update I'll find that it just works again.

• Love it! Love it! x 1
  4. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +102 / 0 / -0
    See? You're taking it personally.
    There are thousands of combinations, that can lead to problems...but instead of moaning about your hurt ego, because suspection of a system fault on your end could be possible (and even maybe to exclude that case), you could've tested some of the advise i've given.
    Because like GTR2 can tank an Athlon 2500+ (which was appropriate while GTR2 was on the market, btw.) is the same situation, like using a single core heavy game on a 6th gen I7. Because logic.^^
    RAM at which clock? Which Input device? Which driver version of the input device? Recent Win updates?
    ...you know what?`No, forget it.
    I tried to help you. Nothing more. Instead of excluding factors on your system to see, if it is possibly a fault on R3Es side, you're attacking me now and calling out the fanboy card. Why do you even bother posting in this fanboy forum in the first place, then?

But you can take your ***ty attitude and look for help elsewhere, because calling names p***es me off, big time.

Thank you. Have a great day, buddy! :)

• Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: May 24, 2020
  5. MattStone

MattStone Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +169 / 0 / -0
    @Foofer37
    Have you checked that the graphic settings are still the same?
    Ages ago an update some how turned the time multiplier on and that crucified my rig; make sure it’s set to zero

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    Well to be fair in your OP you said that the update had broken your game, and now you say that you can't be sure when this alleged break happened because you can't remember when you last ran at the Nords. So actually the latest update likely didn't break your game at all.

Have you tried turning some graphics options down to try and isolate the problem before shouting about it? Are you running any custom GPU profiles? Are you using MSI afterburner? How many screens are you using at what resolution? Which in game graphics settings are you using? All this information would be useful rather than getting ar-sey about it from the start.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. MarcG

MarcG Active Member

Ratings:
    +36 / 0 / -0
    Just to give you a bit of advice in response to the bit in bold; Not once in your opening post did you say you had 100% checked your own System first before coming to the Forum for help, for all we know a background driver update caused your issue (for example) but you never mention anything, you don't give any details whatsoever about your system specifics.

The general rule of thumb is to always rule out everything on your end first before blaming it on the software; check all drivers, driver updates, background tasks, make absolutely sure as can be possible that it's not your system - then politely come and ask for help, and if others should say their game is running fine then that suggests that maybe it could be something to do with your system after all. :)

Don't always assume it's the software, as someone whose been bug testing games since the 1990s I can assure you 8 times out of 10 it's the User (system) at fault!

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +790 / 0 / -0

ok , this seems to have escalated really quickly ;
    i can tell you nothing has changed graphically on our end recently but as always there are some bogey tracks where fps can be a little less , this isnt always due to the track can also be due to the number of ai and the settings that you are running
    also just because it doesnt effect another game etc , a driver update , or a windows update can break a dx9 game sometimes ,
    so lets do this in a logical way
    can you give me your full system specs
    cpu , gpu keyboards , controllers , wheel pedals
    gpu driver
    any other programs your running , riva tuner etc
    are you running an addon hud
    can you also please give me screenshots for your graphics card settings in its controller and then the same for the in game graphics settings

Andi

• Like Like x 1
  9. Foofer37

Foofer37 Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    I'm not running any tuners. No huds. No add-ons whatsoever. Not overclocking. Nothing has changed on my system. All other sims/games run fine. Nothing has changed. I already mentioned that I get good FPS in other games and in R3E, other tracks. I never run more than 15 AI cars to avoid over-taxing my system and losing frames. For me, 15 AI is enough.
    Having said all that, don't you find it odd that I lose that many FPS at the NS alone in R3E alone? I'm running Nvidia driver 445.87.

10. Andi Goodwin

Ratings:
    +790 / 0 / -0
    can you do what i asked please ; so the screenshots , full list etc ..; its important to have as much info on the table as possible
    thanks

Andi

11. MC_Hammer_82

MC_Hammer_82 Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    Did you run Nordschleife in Multiplayer or single player? I have an issue, that on RRVGT Server with VLN I have around 50fps. On other Nordschleife VLN Servers I have 100fps. Dont know why it is like that.

12. Andi Goodwin

Ratings:
    +790 / 0 / -0
    possibly time of day server settings

Andi

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Foofer37

Foofer37 Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    I ran the VLN in single player. Yes, and so you can see that someone else is having the same issue.

14. Andi Goodwin

Ratings:
    +790 / 0 / -0
    again you take the time to answer without supplying anything i asked ....... so can you do that ?

Andi

15. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +352 / 0 / -0
    Saying "I don't have the problem so it must be your PC" is logically incorrect because that would imply every bug in a program affects every user, and if someone doesn't have a problem there is no bug there.

Which we all know is not the case: sometimes problems only affect part of the userbase, there can be tons of factors involved and not all of them are the user's fault, like for example FPS drops on Nordschleife with time multiplication on. This is a a known issue, as far as I'm aware...

• Like Like x 1
  16. ravey1981

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    He didn't give any of that information though, he just said it's not working since yesterday, which turned out to be untrue anyway, because he later said he hadn't driven that track recently. He still hasn't supplied any details of his system and settings so we are unable to look into the issue anyway. This type of post happens all the time. You broke the game! 99% of the time it is an issue with the users setup. If they can't be bothered to give the information required then I can't be bothered to baby them through it either.

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +352 / 0 / -0
    Sure, it's understandable from a personal point of view, but what happened is you dismissed what was an actual problem with the game right away in your very first comment without asking for details, as if it was the guy's PC's problem. "I'm not going to babysit them" is not the same as "I'm going to make incorrect claims too because I'm tired of these people".

The guy was wrong linking the problem to the last update. But he wasn't wrong that there's a problem with the game and not with his PC.

Last edited: May 26, 2020
  18. Arthur Spooner

Arthur Spooner Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432 / 0 / -0
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. Turtle Power

Turtle Power Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    I've noticed a slight drop in performance too. Just for the record Nordschleife. Other tracks like Spa are the same as always....not performing too well at some sectors

20. ravey1981

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    Again, there was no mention of any specific issue in the OP which I (admittedly abruptly) replied to. Read his 1st message again, do you think anyone would be inclined to help? It's just sh1t throwing, game is broke, why do you bother updating etc.

I'm done with this thread, it's going nowhere. If he wants to supply the information Andi asked for then he may get some assistance.

• Agree Agree x 1