I own nearly everything, 807 hours since 2013, but I'm done.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Kondor999, May 21, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nolive721

nolive721 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0
    People use AMS2 as the new FFB reference.
    I own it and the new default as they called it was good yes i reckon but lacking road feel like hell
    I would advise people bashing RRE to visit the reiza forum and look for the main FFB thread and you will see that lots of simracers are praising the customffb modded files flying around there

I made the comment when new RRE FFB went out in December,to me its impossible for devs to make one set that fits all

I am glad we are given the opportunity to mod the FFB to our wheels and taste and that there are enthusiasts out there willing to help the community to get FFB improved

To me the same applies to the guys who ran CSP and SOL in assetto corsa

My 2p

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Olaf Hülse

Olaf Hülse Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +505 / 0 / -0
    When I first set up my G29 some months ago, I had no idea at all how FFB should feel. I tested the default setup and did not like that much. I tested the DDF Racer one and that one I liked more. I took a look at the FFB thread and what I might do to FFB. I changed some major part and it felt ok. Then I looked into the clipping metre and refined my FFB so I had just a few clips when really attacking some curbs. Now I can say that I like the feel and can react in 90% when the car wants to be nasty. I don't say this fits all, as DDF Racer use a setup that differs a lot, but I live with it. Thats what I like about such detailed configs. Everyone can choose that what he likes most.
    Greetings

• Like Like x 1
  3. SwaggerJacker

SwaggerJacker Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +79 / 0 / -0
    Don't forget AMS2 is still in Beta. The Custom FFB files are a treat. As for the " New Default", I was lacking tire scrub. It was barely noticeable. The custom files did the trick.

4. SwaggerJacker

Ratings:
    +79 / 0 / -0
  5. nolive721

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0
    Yes AMS2 officially is still on beta but devs say FFB is 1.0 so really i am glad to have the tweakings available and tire scrub is one of them indeed

Last edited: May 26, 2020
  6. SwaggerJacker

Ratings:
    +79 / 0 / -0
  7. nolive721

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0
    Yes because the custom file was set for a T300 wheel and i have a more torquey TS PC RACER.

Still at work i can post my rcs for you tonight if you need a reference but if i were you i would use your current FFB settings and just tweak the few lines that are explained in the thread i linked

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: May 26, 2020
  8. nolive721

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0

Attached Files:

9. Flintenwilly

Flintenwilly Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +115 / 0 / -0
    Beta isnt an argument. Or did i missed the date when R3E got the 1.0 Release Update...:p

I still hold my bet, that star citizen get released before R3E.

To be serious @Georg Ortner ment that you shouldn't set the steering rack over 30, I think. Otherwise things get weird

10. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    FFB will never suit everyone. Eg I like RR although I wish it had more road bumps, iRacing I can deal with....it has bumps and the right torque in the right places but feels a bit bland. ACC I absolutely hate, just cannot get on with it and AC is meh. A lot of people hold the kunos FFB in high regard, so either I'm wrong or they are. I think it's just one of those things with FFB, you can't please everyone and everyone has their own favourite, and if other sims don't feel the same then they don't feel good.

I haven't tried AMS2 yet

• Agree Agree x 5
  11. Turtle Power

Turtle Power Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    Mario Kart and Wii Wheel.....very best FFB. Even better than direct drive

Last edited: May 27, 2020
  12. MeMotS

MeMotS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,056 / 0 / -0
    That is a good profile. Only thing about it that I didn't like a constant vibration that felt a little odd but I'll tweak it.
    Thank you for that, it will be my new base rcs

13. ravey1981

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    N64 4way on a 14inch TV was the pinnacle of Mario kart. That's true facts.

14. nickh158

nickh158 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +69 / 0 / -0
    A few weeks ago I fired up AC for the rirst time in a couple of years, because there was an online league/season featuring a car I had driven a lot in R3E, namely, the BMW 235.
    In Raceroom it`s virtually uncrashable, even with driving aids off, so I expected the same in AC`s version.
    I couldn`t have been more wrong: I found it virtually impossible to drive and soon gave up.
    How can the same car have totally opposite handling in two different sims?

15. nickh158

nickh158 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +69 / 0 / -0
    I have the same thing, but thought it was just me; for example, Daytona feels like I`m driving on a carpet. There`s plenty of resistance when cornering, but little or no feeling for the road on straights.
    Also, some of the cars seem to have instant spin as soon as they hit the limit...

16. Alex Hodgkinson

Alex Hodgkinson KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +1,948 / 0 / -0
    I keep coming back and reading between ines with this thread. It's giving me a clear message that some guys with TS- type thrustmaster wheels aren't happy.

Is thereathere here using one of those wheels who *is* happy with the behaviour of their wheel in game?

17. ravey1981

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    It's not just TS wheels. The overriding criticism of the RR ffb is lack of road bumps felt through the wheel. Some tracks are better than others. Bathurst for example feels very alive. Maybe we need to exaggerate the bumpiness of tracks as felt through the wheel while keeping the suspension movement the same (as that seems to be correct). Ideally some kind of road bumps slider in the FFB menu

18. FeltHλt

FeltHλt Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +478 / 0 / -0
    I am happy with my t300. I feel bumps where i expect them, but dont rly know how road texture should feel, not to mention with such variety of vehicles. Not knowing their real counterparts is another problem.
    What @ravey1981 mentioned probably would do the trick for most, i just hope it wouldnt be too exaggerated or artificial. Didnt low force boost enhance some finest details? But it would have to be separated from stronger resistances

Last edited: May 28, 2020
  19. Topshelf147

Topshelf147 Active Member

Ratings:
    +37 / 0 / -0
    Wait a second. Are people actually claiming that RaceRoom has highly regarded FFB? I'm not trying to be a jerk here, I'm legitimately asking because other than G29 owners, I don't know a single person who would agree with that. RaceRoom is easily tied in last place for the worst FFB of all the major sims imo. And I'm basing that on a 100% complete lack of tire feel at any point in the game. I'm using a Simplicity SW12C direct drive wheel, and have spent no less than 15 hours over one long week testing every possible combination I could from the insanely over complex ffb menu. Why is there 20 settings??? The only thing I can get to come through my wheel is some bumps, curbs sometimes, and weight shift depending on settings. The only way I can drive this game is to crank my tire sounds to max so I can hear tire screech because otherwise I can't tell you what is happening at the front end at any time. Honestly, it's close to unusable at this point. And yes, I've increased per car ffb settings, and that helps give me more bumps and curbs, but never ever front tire feel. I'm honestly blown away that anyone could defend the RaceRoom ffb. Maybe it's wheel specific? I don't know, but from my seat it's a disaster.

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. FeltHλt

FeltHλt Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +478 / 0 / -0
    I can assure you that i can feel tyres and know plenty of hapy folks ;) (raceroom ffb is currently my favorite, i rly liked ams1 fbb, but had to drop the game because no vr) Cant help you with that specific wheel tho. I doubt anyone would play it, if any ffb wheel user would have such issues

I agree that 20 sliders can be a blessing or a curse. Limited adjustability worked for me in ams1, but didnt in rf2 :confused: I find it easy tho to tune ffb in raceroom, i can feel clearly each change in a wheel and i know what each slider does

• Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: May 28, 2020
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.