I own nearly everything, 807 hours since 2013, but I'm done.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Kondor999, May 21, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Topshelf147

Topshelf147 Active Member

Ratings:
    +37 / 0 / -0
    Can I ask what wheel you're using?

I'm baffled that you can feel grip at each tire and claiming it's better than rF2 which is a gold standard, only to be maybe dethroned by AMS2. Don't mean that as an attack, I'm just having the hardest time understanding how there could be such massively different feelings coming from users. I mean you might like or hate a games particular ffb, but that isn't the same as saying there is or isn't tire feel. How can you feel each corner and I only feel ice?

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. TaserFace

TaserFace New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    I used to play Raceroom every day and was in a league running events 3 nights a week. I always thought the FFB was excellent on my TS-PC racer but since the last FFB update I have not touched the sim and its been uninstalled for months. I own all the content that was released prior to that update and have tried to support this sim as much as I could but the FFB was changed for the worse. I agree with the many comments about the FFB feeling dull and lifeless and cars I used to love I just hate now. Maybe this sim will get back on the right track but at the moment I think anyone investing time and money into R3E is just in the wrong place and should look elsewhere. There are other sims that offer a lot better experience especially something like AMS2 which feels amazing and so much fun to drive. I was once a R3E fanboy but can't defend this sim any more

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. MattStone

MattStone Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +169 / 0 / -0
    dang I'd be devastated if this was happening to me

Everything is great on my Fanatec CSW 2.5 base
    I found that after the last FFB update I had to delete my wheel profiles and then just do some minor adjustments to the new default wheel settings.

Whilst R3E was updating few weeks back and I fired up rF2 and to be honest I couldn't get the ffb to feel alive like it does in R3E!

But as one poster said, I too can feel the weight shift between each corner of the car. I feel the undulations, the weight transfer when cornering, all the bumps and when the front or rear tyres lose traction. It does feel a little dead on some circuits when driving on a perfectly flat straight piece of road but I wouldn't expect to feel much anyway but if I turn left or right on those straight I can feel the suspension working.

Has anyone found a good ffb setting with a TS-PC racer?

4. Turtle Power

Turtle Power Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    When it comes to FFB discussion, Its so hard to get the right answer and we often (myself too) forget that people judge based on their steering device e.g. Logitech, TS, simucube etc... There are so many things that can easily change FFB feel.
    I am using Simucube 1, Direct Drive small Mige and RR has an absolute best FFB in my personal opinion (lacking road bumps on most tracks) but still, with time spent on tweaking and experimenting I get the best out of it. A few months ago bought a brand new genuine MOMO steering wheel and once again, it felt slightly different.

Not sure where did you get this information about RaceRoom being easily tied in last place for the worst FFB of all the major sims? That is not true mate? Raceroom was and still is regarded as one of the best by many users.

5. Esa Ahonen

Esa Ahonen Member

Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    I used a G25 earlier and just got myself a CSL Elite so I reinstalled R3E to check if different wheel would fix the FFB problem. I've reported the FFB problem earlier on the forum regarding G25 and waited and waited for the fix. Eventually I gave up and moved on to other sims.

But now testing with CSL Elite the situation is exactly the same. There's practically no road feel and zero effect for understeer. Ok, CSPv3 pedals rumble motors spin like crazy when braking and throttling but wheel is completely silent. It's only now that those occasional jolts caused by bigger bumps are more subtle. I'd like to once again point out that this is not a matter of taste thing. I have driven sims since 90's and one thing I'm sure about: sims of 2020's should have some kind of details in FFB. It can't be totally numb leaving you just guessing what the car is doing.

I tested with BMW GT4 and Nordschleife. New controller profile of course since different device. And fresh install of R3E since I already uninstalled it.

But I'm not going to have this conversation again as @Alex Hodgkinson just told us in this thread we can't have a problem, I just dropped back to report the problem isn't wheel related.

Edit: I just want to add that of course I believe it's fine for most users. And I understand that Alex is referring to normal behaviour of the FFB. But nonetheless it's pretty frustrating that people reporting this exactly the same problem, describing it very similarly, are completely dismissed and left alone. Like op I gave up with R3E. Anyone having this problem knows what we are talking about. You just can't drive it.

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: May 28, 2020
  6. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    It's either your wheel or your settings. T300 it's very easy to feel what the tyres are doing, I can feel the tyres loading up into corners and I can feel the moment that I exceed grip and begin to understeer for example. In exact contradiction to you I find RR ffb to be the best of all the Sims I use. And I'm not just saying that because I'm a beta tester, if I didn't like the game I wouldn't play it at all.

7. nolive721

nolive721 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +72 / 0 / -0
    TS PC RACER owner here.look at my post on previous page and try my rcs file

Feels pretty good and engaging FFB to me

8. anno900

anno900 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    I had a Logitech driving force gt. It broke few weeks ago. Now I have a TS300 and love it. And it feels good with default setup. Bumps are missing, yes, but that is more a track issue than a wheel issue, I would assume.

9. MattStone

MattStone Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +169 / 0 / -0
    That's so weird as I would have thought the CSL Elite would be very similar to my CSW 2.5 base
    What are you ingame settings?
    and do you have all the wheel base settings at stock?

10. bluey2444

bluey2444 New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I've never been happy with RR ffb since getting a simucube 1 almost 2 years ago. No amount of tweaking made it feel right.
    I jump on iracing, rF2, and ACC and they all feel great.
    I gave up on RR close to a year ago, iracing is where I spend my time these days.
    I have IRL experience at racing cars, RR with a simucube doesn't remotely come close to how a racecar feels.

11. Winzarten

Winzarten Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +377 / 0 / -0
    I have the CSL Elite and I really enjoy the R3E FFB. Sure, when compared to other sims there is very little bumpiness and road texture, and especially the older tracks are very smooth.

But that is not something that is important to me. What is though is the changes in wheel weight and force direction based on where the weight is and where it is moving, and, for me, R3E FFB does this very well.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Esa Ahonen

Esa Ahonen Member

Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    Wheel settings stock, in game settings as they come from the default profile. It's been clearly said many times that default profile should be fine. But I figure this has nothing to do with settings as I used a LOT of time trying out every possible combination of settings with G25 and also profiles edited by Sector3 staff. Nothing brought back any of the feel that FFB had before December update.

It's a problem that some encounter and most of the people don't. I'm happy for everyone who feels everything they describe, it's just not the experience I have. There's no feedback from the car at all. No matter how hard I overdrive the car or whatever I do, FFB doesn't reflect it at all. Only big bumps bring any life to wheel and of course curbs as before. Curbs really feel like everything else should feel.

But these conversations are usually not getting anywhere as it just goes to some people telling "I have a huge problem" and others say "I don't have a problem so you don't have it either, you just don't understand FFB". Let's just hope everyone telling us this don't ever run to a rare problem that others don't have. I can tell you it sucks to hear this over and over.

I'm not going to do anymore testing and fiddling with settings. I just wanted to check if it was wheel related but it isn't. But this was kind of clear already since people having this problem have as well Logitechs and Thrustmasters and now myself with Fanatec.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. Winzarten

Ratings:
    +377 / 0 / -0
    It would be interesting to get two people, one that likes the FFB, and one that doesn't, together, with gear. And let them try the others setup, if there will be difference.
    If the problem is really in SW, with how it performs on some setups. Or it is individual preferences and expectations of what a good FFB should feel like and provide.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Topshelf147

Ratings:
    +37 / 0 / -0
    I have to agree with Esa. It's maddening to spend hours tweaking and testing every possible combination to only end up with no feeling of what the tires are doing whatsoever. Then come to a support forum, mention that you have no feeling and be told "well I do, so you're wrong". And I'm sorry, but if you're telling me that RaceRoom has the best ffb, or that rF2 has bad ffb, then I have to question what your opinion of ffb should be. Outside of this thread, I have never heard anyone hold RaceRoom against the best driving sims, let alone claim it's the best. I'm not saying it's a bad game, it has many good features and I still (just) race it. But you guys and the devs need to seriously consider that there might be a serious issue with the ffb that can't be solved by saying Nuh uh.

• Like Like x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  15. Arthur Spooner

Arthur Spooner Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432 / 0 / -0
    LOL - you complain about others dismissing your view (which is bad, I agree) and then you go on to do exactly the same in the very next sentence...

Funny that you didn't even notice this while you were writing it.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  16. Topshelf147

Ratings:
    +37 / 0 / -0
    Nope. I was acutely aware of what I was doing. When the vast majority of the sim racing world agrees that one sim has the best ffb, then a small group has a very distinct and different opinion, and defends it with no assistance, help, tips or guides, I have to assume that there's an agenda behind it. I'm happy to hear that it's working great for some users, but it might be a smart idea to leave the sector3 forum at some point and find out what people really think. I have a feeling you'll be shocked.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  17. wesker6664

wesker6664 Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    Could it be that people who say that they can't feel what the car is doing have their FFB set way too high, killing every detail ? Personally i don't have any problems with FFB intensity at 100 and steering intensity at 60, i love RRE exactly because i can really feel and understand what the car is doing. The only exception would be GT3 cars, they feel a bit "muddy" compared to the others

18. wesker6664

wesker6664 Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    I don't see why i should do that, i'm happy with what i have in RRE, ACC and AMS, all different but enjoyable... many users here have different sims, so you need to understand that it's hard to understand when someone says that RRE FFB is a complete mess ! If i had a problem a problem with RRE i know i'd tell it right away

• Like Like x 1
  19. Arcson

Arcson Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +99 / 0 / -0
    T150 here. Nothing compares to R3E for me in terms of feeling the connection with the car. It's somehow intuitive for me, feels just natural. Tried a couple of other sims and they always lacked something that Raceroom has.

• Like Like x 2
  20. Winzarten

Ratings:
    +377 / 0 / -0
    Get off your hight horse. You have no idea about the people here, nor do not know what sim they play outside R3E. how many hours have they logged, and in which communities, outside of this, are they active.
    There are very few things your "vast majority of the sim racing world agrees", and what games has the best FFB is certainly not one of them. Just visit any forum, of any sim.

• Agree Agree x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.