What Force Feedback improvements would you like to see in Raceroom

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Turtle Power, May 28, 2020.

1. Turtle Power

Turtle Power Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    Hi All,

With confidence, currently in my personal opinion Raceroom FFB is one of the best, if not, the best FFB feel on the market. It takes time to tweak things here and there in order to get the best out of it.

That being said, this post is not about comparing Raceroom with other sim racing titles, in fact, this is about 'What FFB improvements would you like to see in the future based on your steering wheel device'?

If you are happy to leave a comment please specify what type of steering wheel you have and what would you like to see improved.

I am using OSW Small Mige Direct Drive motor with 4 million Biss-C encoder and Simucube 1.

As I mentioned before, I am very happy with the FFB and the only thing I would like to see improved or added is/are road bumps/ road surface feel. Fake or not, I don't care. I think it would be great.

Cheers

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 1
  2. CheerfullyInsane

CheerfullyInsane Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +402 / 0 / -0
    T500 here, with default profile tweaked a little.
    Removed all the canned effects (just personal preference), removed steering rack completely (no idea what it does anyway), and added some lateral force.

And I'm happy as can be with the R3E FFB.
    Although do note that R3E is my main sim (as in 85-90%), so there's something of a bias on my part simply because this is what I'm used to.

As for what could be improved, I honestly couldn't say. I mean, compared to what?
    I've never driven a GT3 car in anger in real life, so I have no idea what it's supposed to feel like.
    Nor do I particularly feel like changing sliders for hours on end, chasing that tiny little improvement that might be there.
    When it comes to sims (both race and flight) I have long since learned to set it up so it's 'good enough', and then leave things alone.
    Much rather spend my time racing than tuning.

• Like Like x 1
  3. MattStone

MattStone Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +169 / 0 / -0
    I recon it's perfect the way it is with my CSW 2.5!
    I can't imagine it any better and find the R3E ffb gives me way more depth of feel than other sims

• Like Like x 1
  4. Hervé45

Hervé45 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +135 / 0 / -0
    Last edited: May 28, 2020
  5. Turtle Power

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    Sure.

For your reference see below and hence that I like a little bit stronger and stiffer force feedback . The rcs file is also modified to match my direct drive frequencies etc... Using Steering wheel MOMO mod 78. Also each car in the garage setup has its own multiplier ffb value.

IMPORTANT: Pay attention to Steering Sensitivity in advance settings. If you don't have it set to 50% it won't be linear or accurate and it may feel completely different. Should have it set to 50%. I have seen so many people got this wrong. When you are in the cockpit just pull up an Input meter and make sure that your physical steering wheel matches the one on the screen from the input meter.
    Launch options.PNG
    Simucube profile.PNG
    Hardware seutup.PNG Advanced.PNG

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  6. Turtle Power

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
  7. Fleskebacon

Fleskebacon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +258 / 0 / -0
    I also missed the road surface effects when they went away with the new physics some time ago, but now I don't miss them at all. I think the FFB is pretty much spot on, running a T300 with almost factory defaults. It must be added, that I have a whole bunch of bass shakers and vibrating pedals, so I really don't need any more stuff vibrating in my rig.

Edit: Also, with the new physics and recent updates, there is definately some surface feel in the wheel. Not as much as it used to be, but plenty enough for me. I tried applying a custom setup file with the "steer vibe" effect enabled, but it was way too much vibration for me, so I promptly went back to the near-default settings I've been using.

Last edited: May 28, 2020
  8. Hervé45

Ratings:
    +135 / 0 / -0
  9. Turtle Power

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    Not sure, maybe need to check what firmware and revision is yours? You can find it in Advanced tab.

10. Hervé45

Ratings:
    +135 / 0 / -0
    biss-c is a absolute encoder

[​IMG]

11. Sebastian Simons

Sebastian Simons New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hey,
    can you share your settings ingame and on from the wheel? Since the Dec Update i have trouble with my settings.

Seb

12. MattStone

MattStone Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +169 / 0 / -0
    Attached is my game rcs file

The wheel base:
    Sensitivity Auto
    DRI -3
    Everything else is the default 100

I find I can use these setting for both my Mclaren wheel and the xBox GT wheel
    I always use each cars default R3E steering settings (range & sensitivity) but I may +/- the strength of the ffb a couple of clicks depending on the car

I think using the Default wheel range and hence having your Wheels sensitivity set to auto is critical

Attached Files:

13. Wayne Hutchison

Wayne Hutchison New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I would like much simplified settings for the FFB. Strength, damping, min force and nothing more. The FFB driving my DD wheel should be exactly what a wheel in a real car would feel through the steering linkages/rack/column - no additional effects.

And secondly, although not necessarily an FFB problem. is that it would be great if the steering wheel would "unwind" by itself on corner exit instead of me having to "unwind" it. It's better now than it was pre-December but it still doesn't feel right or like any of the other sims

14. Sebastian Simons

Sebastian Simons New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thx Matt ! I will try it later

15. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    I am on a T300, custom profile with a few tweaks but not a million miles away from default. I too would like a bit more "road feel" coming through the wheel and I too don't care if it's a canned effect. AC does this pretty well, although overall I am not a fan of the ffb in that game.

I don't know how a high powered race car on slicks is supposed to feel. I've driven road cars, karts and a single seater in the past so that's the only frame of reference I have. So my goal for sim FFB is "do I believe this?", And with raceroom the answer is yes, most of the time, I can jump in a car and believe that I am driving that car, that's all I'm looking for.

I do also have a single bass shaker under the seat which helps massively with immersion, adding in bumps and bangs that the wheel can't.

• Like Like x 1