Ffb continued discussion

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by higsy, May 30, 2020.

1. higsy

higsy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +123 / 0 / -0
    Why lock a thread , that doesnt help solve anything. Like topshelf said we love the game but are trying to improve it. If ffb is not going g to be improved then say it. Hes not the only one having issues, theres threads over at steam about it, there are numerous guys on my discord that are in agreement with lack of feel. Obviously you cant or don't have beta testers with all different types of wheels so there is part of the problem. We've got dd guys with issues, thrustmaster and accuforce as well. Let's figure this out.

• Agree Agree x 5
  2. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    I think Alex gave a pretty straight forward explanation as to why he locked that thread. The debate was getting emotional and unfounded accusations were thrown in the ring.

As far as I understood Alex, he will comment on the discussion in more depth later on, when he has time to write a proper response, so this is more of a temporary lock.

If that was his plan I'm very sure he would have said so. Why insinuate sth like this?

I know everyone is under a lot of stress lately but I'd once again like to kindly ask to keep the discussion objective and unemotional.
    And always bear in mind, FFB discussions are the most tricky topic in simracing because every user has very subjective impressions and expectations, mixed with very different PC and peripherals setups, so please respect everyone's opinions, even if that someone doesn't agree with you or is a tester, or both. ;)

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. MeMotS

MeMotS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,056 / 0 / -0
    As admin at ESR we have been running Raceroom since 2014 and I have invested a lot of my time over 7 years and lot of money on content ( we didn't have premium pack then )
    ESR have been using donations to buy thousands of vRP to give back to our community so they would buy more content, continually helping people getting into R3e. I am a strong supporter of Simbin/sector 3 and I have been for a very long time now.

I find this "locking the thread" slightly insulting. Why do that? What does it mean? That's it? No help is coming? it's going to stay that way? Sweep it under the rug?

Look we love the game, this is not an attack we are looking for help.
    Problem is simple before December to me raceroom was one of the top ffb for my wheel. After the update i don't feel the road anymore, there is no details. This is experienced by many and not just a few. We've lost many guy who don't want to play it anymore. And for a while I've been hearing that Direct drive users are getting nothing from the game and they just prefer to play something else.

I've tried many profile for my TS-PC racer i spent a lot of time trying to get it back to how I remember it.. All you need to do is just test and play other titles, It should be enough to tell you that something is not right at the moment with r3e.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2020
  4. nolive721

nolive721 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0
    Hello

I am posting this every time I see TS PC Racer owner struggling with RRE FFB. Honestly, if not topping my Sims list in regards to best FFB, its in the TOP3 honestly and I own AC, ACC,PC2 and now AMS2.
    just give my rcs file a try, I tell you the road feel and bumps are in there.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. MeMotS

MeMotS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,056 / 0 / -0
    Will do thank you. What's your thrustmaster global setting ?

6. nolive721

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0
    No worries. TM control panel is all at 100%.

7. nolive721

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0
    i had a run in the M235i at Imola earlier in my Japanese afternoon, it was just superb feelings honestly so i dont understand all these complains I see since December.
    Not all the cars&tracks will be such perfect combination but again the FFB settings I shared works really well around most of my content

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. Goffik

Goffik Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +170 / 0 / -0
    As an admin, you should know that when a thread gets to a certain level where things are getting out of hand, emotion takes over from logic, people are starting to fight like kids and get angry, and nothing of any real value is forthcoming, it's time to lock it. You should also know that making a post insinuating the kind of nonsense you've just posted in the quote above is completely counter-productive, unhelpful, and could be picked up on by some and turned into another worthless argument rather than a constructive discussion... which ends up locked, again.

If more people were capable of acting in a civil and mature manner on the internet, accepting differences of opinion and acknowledging that their own opinions are not necessarily fact, and refraining from insulting and/or belittling those they don't agree with, then there would be no need to lock any threads at all.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  9. Andy Blade

Andy Blade Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    First of I apologize for this long rant but.....................
    Fanatec 2.5 with v3i pedals
    So 5-6 months not playing the game I was intrigued by the recent (now locked thread) the guy who started it, I must admit I felt exactly the same way, after the December ffb update the game went down hill for me and I know for a fact many others left never to return. I tried the so called default settings by @Thomas Jansen and they felt lifeless, am I missing canned effects maybe but if I can not tell what the tyres are doing what is the point when all I do is spin with no warning. I do not use sound or visual or motion / bass shakers to add effects so I totally rely on ffb feeling. I tried @MattStone ffb settings (thanks by the way ) but still no tyre feel , yes some suspension feel and gear shift and curbs but that's it, take say latest modern dtm out and light up the rear tyres from standing start and induce rear wheel spin/drift I feel nothing, same for fwd cars induce wheel spin from standing start I feel nothing ? Pre December ffb update I remember with a league I used to run with ,we ran and I can still remember the joy lighting it up off the start and my wheel shaking left to right as the front wheels fought for grip it was amazing ! Now it is totally lifeless.
    I maybe mistaken but I did not see any personal attack on anyone (not enough to lock a thread, really mature) ? I saw just an open discussion it seems to me that those that complain get told it's their software or just them and those that reply say mine is fine must be you . How does this help solve a known ffb problem with R3e ? It doesn't It just makes more people move on to another sim.
    I hoped that after what 1-2 years of me bringing up dd wheel ffb not feeling good it would have been sorted but it seems everyone seems to still be passing the book as to who's at fault .
    Good job keep it up .
    P.S. I don't care if this thread get's locked/deleted I am so past caring. Do I miss the game ? (not so much)
    Have I let my community down by leaving because I could not promote league racing under these conditions ? (you bet )
    So I apologize to all at ESR for me leaving like I did , I just could not continue down this path anymore. (sorry guy/girls)

• Like Like x 2
    Last edited: May 30, 2020
  10. Andy Blade

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    What ? that's what I am claiming ! And it's probably best you do not respond or post in here or it will be yet another thread that will get shut down?
    Imo you forced the understeer effect just to prove a point?
    Great you think ffb works on your t300 so kudos .
    Rest of us can what ? go whistle
    Or be silenced ?

11. Andy Blade

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    All info on my wheel/ffb is already posted can you not read or just skip ? you seem the only one that promotes the r3e ffb ?

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  12. Andy Blade

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    3...2..........1.. thread locked

13. Andy Blade

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    Bravo , just saying I do not use fake effects like you and bass shakers ?

14. Andy Blade

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    R3e #1 Yaaaaaaaaay I'M A FAN BOY Ravey

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  15. Andy Blade

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    I will say stop posting that you enjoy it and start to listen to those that don't

16. RoccoTTS

RoccoTTS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +534 / 0 / -0
    Wow, what happened Andy ? That's not how i know or remember you. You acting like a 5 year old kid now.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Andy Blade

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    @RoccoTTS ? Do i care ? no just fed up with (must be my fault/my software/my hardware) when all along it was Decemember fbb update that screwed so many? Any more info youu need ?

18. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    Pls someone lock this mess

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. nolive721

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0
    Its disappointing to see whats happening here on RRE forum about FFB discussions/help
    I am on the AMS2 one in regards to custom FFB tweaking and people share genuine and supportive opinions so whats going on here i dont know but i dont like it
    @ravey1981 to me you really did good findings on the road bump tuning so if I were you i would guide people towards your thread rather than arguing here
    Just my 2p

20. Winzarten

Winzarten Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +377 / 0 / -0
    Or please clean it up, so we can a normal discussion on what it is that people are missing.
    I can feel understeer and see it in the FFB graph, while running 20% understeer slider, so not that much.
    I would like to know how the FFB graph for those people having problems looks, and how would they prefer it to look.

"I feel nothing" statements will in no way help the devs, especially with such conflicting opinion comming from both sides.

• Agree Agree x 2