Released Game Update - 20th May 2020

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by J-F Chardon, May 20, 2020.

1. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    Hmm I don't know. I'm a single screen user and have my monitor centred at eye level. I also use an external dash. Sometimes the in car dash is on screen and sometimes it isnt. I rarely if ever use the horizon shift buttons. Only seat. It may be the case that to be in the right position you need to have the incar dash visible also. If you were to shift the horizon to hide it then it would mean the horizon would be very low or very high. I think the recommendation across all Sims is that the vanishing point on a straight bit of track should be fractionally below eye level?

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +156 / 0 / -0
    Seat tilt solves any issue in all other Sims and also in R3E when I was in a single screen. The horizon shift does not work well for triples because straight lines end all bent if your not lines up with the center.
    The thing is, the seat tilt can work in R3E with triples but atm it needs to be a file adjustment on a per car basis and it's a few minutes per car to get right! If it was a button in game it would only take 5 seconds to get right! Often in say AMS 2 it's 2 clicks up/down with their seat tilt option to get right and I don't understand why S3 don't have this feature in game for triple screen users??

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +102 / 0 / -0
    @Andi Goodwin any news on that front?

• Like Like x 1
  4. ravey1981

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    Ok. So just to be clear. The cockpit perspective shift buttons, up, down, left, right and reset. Those don't work for triples? And if they did work then that's what you want?

5. CrimsonEminence

Ratings:
    +102 / 0 / -0
    Seat cam tilt is the thing, not working with tripples, afaik...not shift.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. ravey1981

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    Do we have seat tilt at all? The perspective shift is a tilt, its not just up down in a plane, its the drivers head tilting up down left and right.

7. CrimsonEminence

Ratings:
    +102 / 0 / -0
    There are ways to change it by editing text files per car.
    Maybe it's called "shift" in the options, i don't remember the right wording for it...
    The possibility to adjust the perspective shift, tilt, whatever correctly should be the thing, that isn't fully adjustable with tripples, yup.

What is pretty strange to be honest (i'm a single screen pleb, but still baffling to me, why this is not implemented).^^

• Like Like x 1
  8. ravey1981

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    Ok. I'll put a request on the system. can't promise anything though.

• Like Like x 1
  9. CrimsonEminence

Ratings:
    +102 / 0 / -0
    @Andi Goodwin did it already in april, according to the message, i've linked/quoted.

@2ndLastJedi It could be helpful to increase the detail of the request by ravey if you could give the specific names of the options, that are missing for tripples. (?) :)

• Like Like x 1
  10. 2ndLastJedi

Ratings:
    +156 / 0 / -0
    @ravey1981 I have Cockpit perspective shift up/down/right/left mapped and these are the ones that work in single screen and those are the ones i need to work with triples but they dont ! The triple screen options "shift display down/up do move the entire picture up / down but this creates distortion as if my eyes are not centered to the screens . I have these also mapped but this isnt the fix , this is only useful for people who dont have their screens centered .

Im not sure why screenshots dont work but i took some pics with my phone that hopefully demonstrates the issue .
    This is how i need the seat atm without being able to tilt the seat , as you can see , the first one is giving me good view out the screen but i have 2 dash's and the second gets the dash's right but now im sitting so high up that i cant see out the screen properly as im looking at the rollcage .

Attached Files:

11. ravey1981

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    Ok. Those are the buttons I have requested be made usable for triple screen users. I didn't realise Andi had already flagged it. Anyway, its at the top of the list now so lets see what happens.

• Like Like x 1
  12. 2ndLastJedi

Ratings:
    +156 / 0 / -0
    Here you can see i have all buttons mapped but the one i need to work (cockpit perspective shift) doesnt work yet the shift display up/down works fine but isnt what i need to work :(

Im actually rather surprised the team dont see this as an issue as its been reported for years now , im only somewhat new to triples ,hence my involvement in getting this resolved . R3E and AMS 1 are the only sims missing this feature and seeing as AMS 1 is finished and Reiza have moved over to AMS 2 it wont be fixed there but seeing R3E is still actively being updated and has quite a large amount of my money i hope S3 get this fixed soon .

Here is the location of the file that needs adjusting if that helps get a button in game to work in the last pic .

Attached Files:

13. 2ndLastJedi

Ratings:
    +156 / 0 / -0
    The left/right would be great also , as you can see by my pics even thought my wheel and phone dash are dead center of my monitor the car dash is off to the side .

14. ravey1981

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    That wouldn't be ideal as its the drivers head rotating around a point, so you would end up driving in one direction but looking in another. Off centre cockpits have found their way onto some cars and are sorted out when they are reported.

15. 2ndLastJedi

Ratings:
    +156 / 0 / -0
    No , i mean the shift perspective left / right buttons (as pictured in my 3rd screenshot) dont work either in triples and would be useful for cars like this BMW pictured, as its offset a little, as are a few cars (from memory only as i haven't played R3E since getting triples because of the issue discussed here).

16. ravey1981

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    Yes i know what you meant, but offset cockpits aren't fixed by the perspective shift because it turns your head, then your head is no longer facing forward and so you are not looking in the same direction the car is travelling. If that makes sense? It doesnt work properly on a single screen even. A seat left right would fix it, but we don't have that either. If a cockpit is found to be off centre it can be fixed by the devs.

I usually turn off the visible wheel and drop the seat so the actual steering column comes into view and then check that the steering column lines up with the samsung logo on my display, then I know if the cockpit is correctly centred or not.

17. 2ndLastJedi

Ratings:
    +156 / 0 / -0
    Got ya , make sense now you say it :)
    I dont have the in game wheel visible either but as you can see from my first 2 pics , the cockpit is slightly offset , the center should be in line with the center of the N of my phone dash ! This doesnt really bother me as its only rather small and if cant be fixed by the user i can live with it but the tilt not working just makes the game undrivable here :(

18. 2ndLastJedi

Ratings:
    +156 / 0 / -0
    In my first pic i would tilt the seat up until the "engine off" on my phone dash lined up with the top of the silver circular ring around the speedo/tacho gauges and that would give me the best feel and look . So you can see how much i need to tilt it :eek: As it is now i would have to drive seeing the in game dash and my phone dash ! Not ideal at all and every other sim manages to offer a tilt feature and i use it on just about every car in all sims . AMS 2 atm has it but every car uses the same setting so once i get one car right the next car is wrong , lol so i have to adjust it over and over ! Again not ideal but at least i can line everything up perfectly .

19. Zziggy

Zziggy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +73 / 0 / -0
    Shouldn´t the performance index of Group 5 be adjusted and downgraded now they got a new performance? I know it is "just" for single player mixed class racing, but this I prefer.

• Like Like x 1
  20. 2ndLastJedi

Ratings:
    +156 / 0 / -0