Which 3 aspects would you most like to see improved in RRE (May 2020)?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Vale, May 26, 2020.

?

Which 3 aspects would you most like to see improved in RRE?

Poll closed Jun 16, 2020.
  1. User Interface (in game menus and in game alerts e.g pit menu, HUD, warnings)

40.8%
  2. Graphics (cars and tracks)

39.8%
  3. AI (how computer controlled cars behave)

29.6%
  4. Control device compatibility and Force Feedback (how well the game works with my input device)

15.3%
  5. Game content (cars and tracks)

33.7%
  6. Multiplayer online mode (dedicated server management, rating system, ranked servers)

38.8%
  7. Competitions / Esport

7.1%
  8. Physics (car handling)

16.3%
  9. Virtual Reality compatibility

11.2%
  10. Other (please make a post commenting in more detail)

17.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Nico Kunze

Nico Kunze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +396 / 0 / -0
    Havent done any lap time comparisons but wouldnt think so, at least not properly. Would expect the gte to be quicker but perhaps a good driver in a gt2 could have a decent race against a mediocre player in a gte

2. dentalfloss

dentalfloss Member

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    Dynamic track.

• Like Like x 2
  3. pierredietze

pierredietze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +232 / 0 / -0
    My sick mind would love to see some "new" tracks made with less work to do. What i mean? So, we can drive the Nordschleife, how about a small update and include the "Steilstrecke"? Hockenheim could also have more versions. I hate the new layout, and would love to chase the Gr5 cars in slipsteam battles along the Waldgerade. Include the Bus-stop in SPA and older versions of Monza for the FR90 cars.

• Like Like x 9
  4. Winter_Vortex

Winter_Vortex New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    With just 124 hours, I think the biggest improvement (long-term), is creating competition between players. This will spur a personal growth and within the community; snowball effect for the company and content.

The best time that I have, is when I find someone very close to my abilities (lap time). Competition gets fierce and it's a lot of fun. Although you experienced drivers may not think it's much, but it's new blood that keep fueling the changes in the game for the good ($).

Tire-411.png
    For instance:

Raceroom can have a server dedicated for beginners & Rookies qualifying for the week (+training), and selects those within a half second (?) of each other. Invite them (32 ?) to a weekly "Saturday Off" in which 3/4 of the finishers move on to week 2 for VPR points (10-5-3-1). Those that didn't participate recently or previously, get first shot (keep fair and inclusive). All podium finishers compete in a year end run-off for points.

To me the VRP points are second, as the competition will be the main stay.

There is a lot you can do with this (adjustments), it just depends on the business model that Raceroom is using.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +355 / 0 / -0
    UI:
    - More stats after a race. A list of finishing times for each driver is not enough, but even a simple CSV file with each drivers' lap time after each lap would be nice.
    - Keep delta working even when I ran a bit wide and got my lap time invalidated.
    Other/AI:
    - Some love for endurance racing. I guess more features are coming in the future, but AI needs some work too: right now they don't seem to have any strategy at all and just pit when they are low on fuel/tires (often doing only one thing instead of both refuelling and tire change).

• Like Like x 6
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2020
  6. NL-Jos

NL-Jos Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +182 / 0 / -0
    1. Dedicated Server the possibilty to set laps instead of racetime
    2. Driver Swap
    3. Day and Night

7. willycoyote17

willycoyote17 New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    1.Improve FFB bumps an track texture
    2. Day and night transition and rain
    3. driver swap

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. SwaggerJacker

SwaggerJacker Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +79 / 0 / -0
    1.Improve FFB bumps an track texture.
    2. Day and night transition and rain. Will never happen, but yeah.
    3. Tire scrub.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. Bob Pearson

Bob Pearson Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    As a newcomer to simracing (loving it so far). I would love to see a clear progression path for novices. Have joined a rookie league that is working well, some close racing with drivers of similar ability. So a better ranking system, to match similar drivers would be very welcome for me, and I suspect a lot of other newcomers.

• Like Like x 4
  10. Gnomo

Gnomo New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Sector3 updates schedule announcements with enough time. a Post with a calendar.

Last 2 months were 7 updates only 2 previously announced.

While RR servers are in maintenance mode, would it be nice to allow user to practice in singleplayer mode.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  11. higsy

higsy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +123 / 0 / -0
    I'd like to see a sector 3 roadmap

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  12. FormelLMS

FormelLMS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +229 / 0 / -0
    1. Cooldown Lap
    2. DX11
    3. Driver Name in the Plate inside the car

• Agree Agree x 3
  13. OldFart

OldFart Active Member

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    1 FFB Big subject, a single base setting across all cars with only strength adjustment in car set up needed, this is not the case for me now, old physics v new for example,
    2 Driver change
    3 Driver/Position on screen and door

14. schwalbach123

schwalbach123 Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    1 cool down lap
    2 cars stands in the Garage
    3 dtm 1995 full grid

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  15. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    This isn't always possible. Big updates will have a planned release date but they can be pushed back sometimes due to unforeseen circumstances. Small patching updates are done as needed to address any arising issues and in preparation for esports for example.

Since the full game has to communicate with the server it would be difficult to allow SP during this maintenance period without some kind of wholesale change. I agree that it isn't ideal by any means.

16. MattYKee

MattYKee Active Member

Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -0
    My other vote is for:
    • A career mode, achievement system or both. (clear x amount of laps gold, silver, bronze). Qualifying/setups/tyre management/pit strategist etc.
    • Premade championships/seasons that turnover and log results and include teams. Cherry on top would be a 2 player(1x ai driver) hotseat with your team selection.
    • A dynamic weather system / including transitional track and ambient temperatures.

• Like Like x 1
  17. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +156 / 0 / -0
    Every update i get excited but then sadly every one i'm disappointed :(

• Like Like x 1
  18. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +279 / 0 / -0
    Expect nothing and you will never be disappointed.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  19. wesker6664

wesker6664 Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    The UI needs a serious overhaul, i thought when the new car set up showed up that the rest would follow shortly after ? And all the online part also could be improved : possibility to quickly set up a server from the online lobby menu and invite friends, spectate when retiring to pits, manual cool down lap...

It's absolutely great that new content and gameplay refinements are constantly coming but i thing that now is the time to really push RRE to the next level, it's starting to show its age now (graphics, UI, online possibilities)

• Agree Agree x 5
  20. Peter Stefani

Peter Stefani Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    Driver Swap