Released Game Update - 20th May 2020

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by J-F Chardon, May 20, 2020.

1. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    I don't know if such a list exists. Probably not. I can ask though.

Edit: unfortunately there is no specific record of that. You would have to go through the release notes and check for whenever there was a physics or tyre update....

Sorry.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2020
  2. ducman888

ducman888 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +172 / 0 / -0
    Thank you for looking into it.

3. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    That is my point in one, trying to keep abreast of which update affects which series is impossible, unless you drop everything post update and individually delete setups (or deletion of docs folder, which is only if you need to dump every setup). I jumped into a race a while ago with an old setup (accidentally), turned out to be ranked and the bloody car wouldn't drive in a straight line, :mad: bye, bye ranking, again!
    Can't old redundant setups be highlighted in red or something, there must be a way of tagging setups by date/update/series. If I take even a small break from RR (which I don't) I'd have to delete hours of setups, just all seems like a waste of time spending more than the bare minimum setting a car up as it could well be redundant by 3pm the next day. Gotta be a better way.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +352 / 0 / -0
    They are sorted by tracks and usually have a car model in their filename.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2020
  5. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    There has been some chat about improving the system but I don't know if a solution was settled on. I agree that it's really annoying.

6. trutya

trutya New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    after refreshing the game today, all my purchased content is lost!
    does anyone have the same problem?

who should i contact with this? thanks for help.

7. Maskerader

Ratings:
    +352 / 0 / -0
    I noticed the game servers were a bit unstable. Also, are you sure you're logging in with the right steam account?

8. trutya

trutya New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    for sure. going to "portal" it shows my profile. my control settings, everything is as it used to
    just i don't have any purchased content

9. Nico Kunze

Nico Kunze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +395 / 0 / -0
    https://forum.sector3studios.com/index.php?threads/raceroom-inhalte.15267/#post-205693
    The two guys in this thread also lost their content today so it seems to be a bigger problem. Wouldnt be the first time tho and so far its always been fixed relatively quickly

10. trutya

trutya New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
  11. GooseCreature

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    So I can sort through exactly the same laborious way, one at a time and still have to cross reference update info with setup creation date, ridiculous, fine if the first thing you do after every update is sort your setup folder out but irl we flick in and out Sims and some of us are old and daft, with a memory like a sieve. Can honestly say I have absolutely no idea which setups are relevant and which are dog shyte, so one of two quick solutions, delete all setups and start all over again or open rF2 instead.
    It's not just RR but S3's monthly update regime and open ended approach to each and every vehicle (which is great by the way and holds S3 above other Devs for me) makes this an issue here. That is why it's just a suggestion to aid poor old souls like myself, a simple highlight or red dot next to it so we at least know.

12. wesker6664

wesker6664 Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    But why not use default setups though ? They are usually really good in RRE, sometimes i change a thing or two here and there but that's about it. And no more worrying about old setups etc :D

13. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +278 / 0 / -0
    A workaround is to name the setup when you create it with logical appendix e.g. gr5_physicsupdate_may20 or GT3_tyresupdate_jun20. That makes it easier to search for and eliminate them afterwards.

Unfortunately some default setups are not optimal at all - putting it politely, and regular drivers will want different setups according to race distance to preserve tyres or have just the right fuel.

14. wesker6664

wesker6664 Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    Ok but wouldn't it be more productive to list on the forum the faulty default setups then ? If it's just about fuel, wings or tyre pressures it's just a matter of seconds to change these values... let's say that you have a setup for a 1 hour race, and later on an update alters the fuel consumption : your saved setup will be useless in that regard

15. Arthur Spooner

Arthur Spooner Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432 / 0 / -0
    Most probably not going to happen due to licensing. Some manufacturers are quite picky about what kind of liveries can be shown on their cars.

16. GooseCreature

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, like everyone drives exactly the same way, not. Bet anything @Alex Hodgkinson would change from the default in a race. Defaults are there as a generic safe setup and not a qualifying or race setup, I could easily have half a dozen setups, per car, per track, I'm no mathematician but that makes a shit load of setups to go through after every update. Curse of the constant physics tinkering, necessity for sure, things are improving generally, physics wise, not convinced the GT3's are right but then I could well have been running old setups, who knows? ;)

17. wesker6664

wesker6664 Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    Setups have nothing to do with driving style though. I only use default setups, if we meet online you'll see that i'm usually not at the back :D

18. Maskerader

Ratings:
    +352 / 0 / -0
    Pretty sure they have, even though not always.

There are two goals for a custom setup: 1) to make your car faster on this track; 2) to help you be more confident in your car (= less mistakes, better consistency). With skill and experience the latter might become less important.

• Agree Agree x 2
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2020
  19. GooseCreature

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    But are you ever at the front?
    Setups have everything to do with driving style, you manipulate the car to your style, just because humans have the ability to adapt does not mean all cars should have fixed setups. I have diminished rotation in my right shoulder and I require a new hip, if I couldn't adjust wheel rotation and make a few adjustments to ARB, most cars would be undriveable for me.
    Machines are here to adapt to our needs and most definitely not the other way around. Some people can drive default setups fast but never ever will they be the fastest, so if you like life being mediocre and unchanging by all means trundle along at your own pace, for others eking that last 10th out of a car is the goal and it would be on a very rare day that a default setup could achieve supremacy. Not saying you will definitely be faster but you should at least get a more rewarding and less nail biting race. Don't knock what you've never tried.

20. wesker6664

wesker6664 Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    Ouch that was a harsh response but whatever. Yes i am regularly fighting for first places (1792 points btw) but who cares right ? RRE has organized several events in esports with fixed setups, and with all due respect i don't think you will be able to compete with these guys even with your custom setup. Of course we must be able to change anything we want in the car, most importantly wheel rotation, brake pressure and distribution, never said the contrary. You should at least try to be a bit more polite towards people you don't know, i've been simracing and bringing my cars on the track for 20 years and that doesn't mean that i can act on the forums like m. know it all
    Anyway i'm out with my poor shitty default setups ;)