Question How to purchase VRP?

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by MrCaptainYama, Jun 18, 2020.

1. MrCaptainYama

MrCaptainYama New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    So I have this game from Steam, and it makes me register with my name and IGN for Steam, but when I got to buy VRP I have to make another account on that site too? Am I confused or am I really registering for two different things? If I am not logging into that account on the actual game, how would the VRP transfer from that site to my account in game? OR are they somehow connected if I use the same email?

2. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    The Raceroom Shop ( https://www.raceroomstore.com/ ) is a seperate thing. They sell gamepads, seats, rigs, VRP etc but no ingame content. You need to register for it seperately like in every other online shop.

Raceroom Store ( http://game.raceroom.com/store/ ) is the one connected to Steam and sells the content. The place where you get rid of the VRP again.

When you buy VRP packs in the SHOP you get a code which you can redeem in the content STORE and it fills youjr vrp wallet shown in the upper right corner.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. majuh

majuh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +257 / 0 / -0
    You don't need to buy vRP, this option only exists to save a little bit of money. You can buy content directly in the store.

4. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +352 / 0 / -0
    When you don't have enough vRP in your store wallet for your purchase, it'll open a Steam confirmation window and the rest of the money will be deducted from your Steam wallet.

5. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    oh oh oh.. well that's not true. saving 35% is not "a little money".
    I buy a 10.000 vrp pack with a 35% discount once in a while and buy new content over the months and years. when the 10k VRP are gone I just paid 65€ in total... if I would have bought the same over steam wallet I would've paid 100€.
    But only makes sense if you're really sure you will use the 10k vrp.
    Even the smaller 5k VRP pack already gives a nice discount.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1