Released Game Update - 20th May 2020

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by J-F Chardon, May 20, 2020.

1. pixeljetstream

pixeljetstream Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +412 / 0 / -0
    You made your points a couple posts ago, and you can assume the situation is clear to those working on the title for a living. At this point imo one has to options: continue to complain about the obvious to people who surely would love to see advances themselves (who doesn't), or enjoy the choices in the market and see what the future brings to your hobby. You obviously had a lot of joy with this title, so don't focus on the negatives (and as I work in gfx programming you can imagine how much frustrating it is for me hehe). As others did and said just let go, it's not in your responsibility how this all works out.

Compared to that, the developers have essentially two choices work with what they have and improve as good as they can, or quit the job and try their luck elsewhere.
    Now they don't suck and do some things right for you as otherwise you wouldn't have spent so much time. So imo file this under it is what it is. It could be better but for obvious reasons (lack of funds/control) it's not.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Flintenwilly

Flintenwilly Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +115 / 0 / -0
    I have all the shiny new Sims, like AMS 2 or ACC.
    Still drive R3E. Why? They get the imersion, the sensation of racing and Motorsport right. I don't know how, but the others can't.
    AMS 2 is on a good way, but I don't know why. I drive half an our, say yes was nice log out and play R3E.
    With ACC I just can't get along. Maybe bc I am not able to run it smooth in VR and have to play it "old-school"

• Agree Agree x 5
  3. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    I can go along with that up to a point but you fail to mention rF2, finding it's feet nicely these days, looks great, handles great, has loads of content and is finally sorting its UI out, has a 24hrs cycle and it rains, what I see from the outside, progress, I get all that you mention with regards RR, immersion etc but what I don't get is progress.
    Twiddling with all the old content is great but it is slowing any progress down to a snails pace, majority of tracks are out of date, 3 relevant GT4's after yonks with no sign of additions, raft of fantasy open wheelers with little relevance to anything, just goes on and on, too many empty series, plethora of Porsche's with no one to play with, I really don't get the plan, is there a plan?
    ACC sucks for me also but anyone with a modernish PC will use this Sim if only for the visuals and the feeling it's a finished, polished product, although it to is a developing Sim. The servers are packed and it's only been around year or so. AMS2 releases today, looks great, has some interesting varied content, drives pretty damned well already and GT3,4 to come plus lots more.
    S3 what have you got? Come on let us in on the secret, must be something going on, you're dragging your feet and starving your customers of information, all Sims are regularly informing people of what's going on, why oh why are S3 so tight lipped, benefits no one. unless of course you have bugger all too say! :rolleyes:

4. pixeljetstream

pixeljetstream Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +412 / 0 / -0
    @GooseCreature
    Why do you keep ignoring what people told you. They are not at liberty to discuss plans they are not in charge of. They are not an independent company. The stuff that is in solid shape and close to release gets teased. Bugs, handling and AI feedback gets addressed here.
    Why do you get so worked up on this. Why have a problem with others still enjoying the game, despite its issues? What do you try to achieve here in this forum? You seem to be targeting the wrong company/people with your complaint.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Winner Winner x 2
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2020
  5. Flintenwilly

Ratings:
    +115 / 0 / -0
    @GooseCreature when you mention rf2, yes I have this. But that didn't catch me either.
    The monetisationsystem is even worse than R3E. There is good content (the new S397 stuff) but a lot of tracks and old cars looks dull. One can say it has the PC2 issue. Sound is imo just okeish.

And I don't get the problem with the content in R3E. Ok going for GTE was weird. But the other porsches are very welcome, even as single car bc that's the point of an cup car.
    90% play gt3 cars, guess what which sim has the most, without mods? (I know old ones and no Italian crap)
    TCR class: same. But would like to see the Lada and opel joining.
    Group 5 more cars as in other Sims?

Fantasy open wheelers? Would be great to have the real F1 with halo and vacuumcleaner-sound. Not.
    Classic F1 best sound ever delivered in a sim and driving the is an incredible experience. Couldn't care less if they're real or not.

Yes I am always for new content. But I also love to see that they are getting the old one up to standard and that is what they recently did and other sims, like RF2 lacking in that department.

And overall in the last months without real Motorsport, R3E did a better job representing it self than other's. I think the first event the server crashed, but the rest I saw was good.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +156 / 0 / -0
    I really want to drive the 92 DTM again! Hopefully one day :oops:

7. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    This is not complaining guys, this is pure observation of RR compared to its immediate competition.
    The day I listen to the twaddle non S3 people say on here, hell will freeze over. ;)
    So what pixeljetstream you are saying, is what is happening around here in the future is a secret only Mr KW knows?
    rF2 is not at all comparable to RR financially, I'm into rF2 to the sum of between 25%-50% of what RR has cost me and my rF2 garage is far fuller than my RR one.
    My point really is the complete lack of any coherent game plan, its not just the one GTE car, there are one's and two's of several series, in fact apart from WTCR, is there any full compliment of cars per series in RR? They certainly don't have all the tracks from said series.
    ACC covers just one series and far more people are using it, now to me that says people want a complete series with all the rules, does it not? RR left this idea behind but for what instead, a mishmash of cars and tracks and yes, none of the usual Italian or British marques, feels very much like RR would rather cut its nose of to spite its face, rather than dip its hand in its pocket, sod what the customer may want.
    eg. Big fanfare, DTM 2020 is coming to RR, all 2 cars of it, oh and it appears only 1 next year, toot, toot, toot, toot. Jeez! :rolleyes:
    Brands Hatch gets to drive RR but does RR get to drive BHGP, nah, such an old joke in RR, nearly as old as DX9.
    Have spent a fair amount of time last night reading both rF2, ACC and AMS2's roadmaps, all interesting reading, just ordered my crystal ball off Amazon, lets see if I get any more luck gleaning a morsel of info about the future of this Sim.
    Just don't get why progress is such a secret. o_O

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  8. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +156 / 0 / -0
    How did you get more cars in your garage for less in rF2 than R3E? All rF2 content cost over $400 where R3E is around $180 from my last count,and that rF2 content isn't that much! A few LMP cars a few GTE and GT3 and not much more unless you include the mods well then I understand.
    I much prefer R3E store way of doing things, at least you don't have to buy cars more than once if you choose to buy one car before buying the car pack :rolleyes:
    I've driven more rF2 lately over R3E but that is only because R3E cars seats don't line up with my rig because of my well complained about seat tilt function missing but...... I've said enough about that :oops:

• Like Like x 1
  9. Badgerous

Badgerous Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +223 / 0 / -0
    I'm also confused by that RF2 comment. I've been dabbling in that recently, and while there are some lovely combos in there, I'm finding the content incredibly hit and miss with regards to quality, and generally pretty sparse.. Sure, there's a lot of stuff in the workshop, but if I wanted to roll the dice on un-curated user mods, then I'd go back to my crazy messy install of AC.

When RRE puts something out you know it's going to be of a certain quality, and in the case of cars, I love that you can take the thing out for a test drive first. - That feature alone meant I purchased and grew into way more stuff than I probably would have otherwise.

The lack of roadmap here is mildly annoying, but there's more than enough content both here and with the slew of other sims (both old and new) to keep exploring and enjoying instead of getting too hung up on what's down the line.

• Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2020
  10. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    @GooseCreature

There are various reasons why things are not announced to the general users many of which are legal/contractual. Sometimes work is done on a particular car only for the agreement to fall through and that car gets shelved. Obviously if that car had been announced to the the public as coming to the game then it wouldn't sit well with anyone.

I do understand the frustations, there's loads of things that given a blank cheque book I'd like to have in the game, I'd like to know when exactly X feature will be added, but often the answer is that before X we need AB and C and these things aren't there yet or are still being discussed....

It's already been said that there will be no grand announcement of the path ahead, perhaps because that path isn't even known.

So you have a choice, keep enjoying what you have, at no cost. Or spend your money elsewhere. You wouldn't be the only one who goes between Sims. I do all the time.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  11. TheOutdriver97

TheOutdriver97 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    To a certain extent I think you can piece together a bit of a roadmap yourself.

WTCR 2020 is a good bet given there is already an eSports series for WTCR drivers, DTM 2020 is announced, a TC Cup class keeps showing up in Georg Ortner's streams and there have been comments in the forum to say things are looking better for ADAC GT Masters 2020 despite the issues late in the day that prevented us getting the 2019 series (aside from in eSports). Any other small updates, cars and tracks will be bonuses and a nice surprise.

I did think the end of summer development thread we got from the devs last year was a good update and hopefully something similar might come along again. I preferred that approach than laying out a multi-year roadmap which would more than likely change dramatically due to the number variables over time.

12. Flintenwilly

Ratings:
    +115 / 0 / -0
    It sound like the game is unplayable bc of a non existing roadmap.

I don't know why this is even a concern.

You get sth maybe in one year. so and now play the current version with this information and wait

I even think it's worse - for me.
    When I heard here, that new DTM/group 5 physics are under development I stopped playing these classes. Couldn't enjoy them anymore, bc there is sth new in the making, don't want to play with that old stuff ( my crazy mind...)
    Same thing as they announced the laser scanned Nordschleife in AC. Couldn't play the mod...

Or rf2. We doing new UI. Stopped playing, wait until the new is out. Still crap...

If I had a roadmap here in R3E, I had to stop playing:p

But that is my own problem

I play what pleases me most. And actually it is the new ginetta gt4 in AMS 2. Finally a car in that game I feel somehow related to. My Carrera championship in R3E has to wait now;)

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. ISRTV

ISRTV New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    The problem is Raceroom is the best and we know it, the other problem is they totally messed up the GT3 cars with their amazing new lose control on the rear physics but then what do i know?
    Before they introduced this new physics with the needed traction controls it was perfect, now everyone left and is racing ACC because they broke what was perfect

• Disagree Disagree x 3
  14. ravey1981

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    Liveries need to be approved by the manufacturer before they can be sold.

15. Arthur Spooner

Arthur Spooner Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432 / 0 / -0
    I guess it depends on how the license deal with the manufacturer has been negotiated. Some manufacturers might be more generous, some less.

One good example of a less generous license deal was the Audi 90 IMSA GTO. This car was released with 4 liveries, 2 of which had to be pulled by S3 short after release because Audi put in a veto on these. All of the liveries were Audi-liveries, but only 2 of them were actually used on a 90 IMSA GTO in real life. The other 2 were "transferred" from other Audi racecars and Audi didn't allow this.

Of course I'd like to have some livery customization too. But on the other hand, when I look at some ACC livestreams, you see a lot of super-ugly cars there. Even though the livery editor is limited in schemes, it's not limited in colours. :eek:

16. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +352 / 0 / -0
    I'd really like that one too. Having a closer look at the liveries a chore right now, you create a practice session with the cars/liveries you need, and use replay/instant replay.

17. ravey1981

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    It's not going to happen so you may as well stop the multiple posts about it. If you don't like a particular livery then don't buy it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. fischhaltefolie

fischhaltefolie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,037 / 0 / -0
    Live with it, imo, there will not be a change in this subject.;)
    The quality of a game is not defined by stickers on a car.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Nico Kunze

Nico Kunze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +395 / 0 / -0
    Maybe generalize a bit less ;)
    One of the things that bothered me most about ac (the first one) was the lack of real world liveries. Without the ads the cars just look empty and nowhere near as good to me as they would with the ads in 99% of the cases
    Also i wanna pretend to be driving a real race car but i doubt there have been many cars raced with my name on them so i definitely prefer not having my name on the car

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Winzarten

Winzarten Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +377 / 0 / -0
    Dude, just because you don't like something, don't pretend you know everybodies else preferences. For me one of the best thing on the historic cars are the liveries, like freaking BASF on M1 Procar, how can anybody not love that? :D It gives the field authenticity that you cannot acheive with generic liveries ;)

I agree that having a custom livery editor would be nice feature for some, but that is not an easy thing to do ;) And spending developing time on that means not developing other aspects.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Love it! Love it! x 1