Telemetry SecondMonitor (Timing & status App)

Discussion in 'Community Workshop' started by Winzarten, Oct 26, 2017.

1. Jetsun

Jetsun Active Member

Ratings:
    +42 / 0 / -0
  2. Winzarten

Winzarten Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +377 / 0 / -0
    I'm glad you like it. :)
    I might try to enable it, to see if it will work correclty. But if there will be bugs, it might take a while until I will be able to solve those ;)

This is a great source of knowledge :)

3. George70

George70 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hello,
    I have tried to make the Telemetry Viewer work, but so far I'm out of luck.
    I have no problem getting data into the "Second Monitor", but whenever I open the Telemetry Viewer I only get empty fields, no list of times, no data, nothing. I see others have missed a small checkbox for selecting laptimes but I don't even see any laptimes to select from, and so there is no checkbox... The only list of laptimes I get is the one inside Second Monitor if I double click on my driver name, but this list has no checkbox. I am unable to figure out what to do or what may be wrong.
    I also tried to uninstall and reinstall it but it didn't help. So my last option is to kindly ask for help in this forum. Screenshots are attached.
    Image1.png
    Image2.png
    Image3.png
    Image4.png

4. Jetsun

Jetsun Active Member

Ratings:
    +42 / 0 / -0
    Would it be possible to add session length in the summary reports? i can find total laps but not total minutes. 5h60min (!) correspond to the configurated serveur session i guess, not the length of my stint in it.
    [​IMG]

5. Winzarten

Ratings:
    +377 / 0 / -0
    Hey, check if telemetry logging is enabled. You need to scroll the options right, there should be a chechbox. :)
    chrome_2020-07-05_11-15-26.png
    I will add that to the todo list ;)

• Like Like x 1
  6. George70

George70 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thank you so much, that was the important missing thing. I had a feeling it was something obvious. I will now explore how to use it. and thank you for the effort of making this impressive piece of software!

7. Winzarten

Ratings:
    +377 / 0 / -0
    Glad that was it :)
    This is a good place to start :
    https://gitlab.com/winzarten/SecondMonitor/-/wikis/home ;)

Rating and Championships should now work in PCars 1 :)

8. Hervé45

Hervé45 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +135 / 0 / -0
    it doesn’t reflect the race as i can’t see my best time on the last lap;)

9. Winzarten

Ratings:
    +377 / 0 / -0
    And for the foreseeable future it wont change. It is the last point where all sims, whether it is in SP or MP behave more or less the same. Once you cross the line, then one sim jumps traight into post-race (r3e SP), another might allow you to continue, and on another you don't even know when the player manually exited and is back in the menus (RF2). That's without mentioning stuff like some sims stops updating completed laps properly, so it is no longer possible to compute gap numbers, or to say which driver is a lap down and which isn't.

Adapting for and testing for each of these behaviors is imho not worth the effort for last lap time. ;)

• Informative Informative x 1
  10. RangeyRover

RangeyRover New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Hi Winzarten,
    Thanks for a superb app with so many options. I like the random race generator...
    Dumb question.
    After a while of use my Second Monitor App stops giving reports at end of race, a feature I use a lot.
    I have emptied my reports folder C:\Users\User\Documents\SecondMonitor\Reports
    I have set max reports to 100 in report options.
    I still can't seem to get a report for a race.
    This feature has saved championship races before where the server log file was corrupt, but the second monitor report saved the day.
    Where is the reports counter kept or does it count the files in the reports directory when saving?
    A report or error message when Second Monitor can't save a report would be really helpful.
    Or is this user error and I just need to check a box somewhere?
    Thanks
    RR
    report options.PNG

11. Winzarten

Ratings:
    +377 / 0 / -0
    Hey :)
    Could you please upload the log file? There should be a button in the settings to open the log folder.
    Maximum reports shouldn't prevent report creation, it will just delete oldest reports automatically once the limit is reached.

12. RangeyRover

RangeyRover New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Hi Winzarten,
    log file attached as requested
    Seems to be this line at the end of the race where it didn't appear. Also happened the day before too.
    "Error | 2020-07-08 20:15:56.2839 | SecondMonitor.Timing.ReportCreation.ViewModel.ReportsController | 0 | Unable to export session info | System.InvalidOperationException: Sequence contains no matching element
    at System.Linq.Enumerable.First[TSource](IEnumerable`1 source, Func`2 predicate)
    at SecondMonitor.Timing.ReportCreation.ViewModel.ReportsController.GetReportName(SessionSummary sessionSummary)
    at SecondMonitor.Timing.ReportCreation.ViewModel.ReportsController.CreateReport(SessionSummary sessionSummary)"

And thanks for the quick response

Attached Files:

• log.7z
      File size:
      226.8 KB
      Views:
  13. Winzarten

Ratings:
    +377 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for the report, looks like I broke it by adding incident points to the driver name. :)
    Should be fixed shortly, thanks for the report :)

edit: Update is out, hopefully it works :D

• Wonderful Wonderful x 1
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2020
  14. RangeyRover

RangeyRover New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Wow, there's service!
    Just seen the update :)

• Like Like x 1
  15. Winzarten

Ratings:
    +377 / 0 / -0
    If everything goes well, a major update bringing the Telemetry viewer UI rework should hit this weekend.
    Organizing charts into areas of interests, combining Line Series, Scatterplots and Histograms on one panel.
    TelemetryViewer_2020-07-10_16-14-02.png
    It will not contain the ability to customize the layout, because that still isn't done, but I feel that even without that, it is still a major update in usability from the current telemetry viewer. :)

• Like Like x 2
  16. Cologne Racer

Cologne Racer New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2020
  17. Christy_91

Christy_91 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thank you a thousand times for this tool which seems like a real Swiss army knife for lap times analysis.
    Does your software allow after the race or training, to analyze the times of other pilots and yourself.
    Because, I am unable during the race to look at a second screen to see all the information offered.
    If you can consult everything at the end of the race, this seems great to me.
    thank you for your reply.

18. Winzarten

Ratings:
    +377 / 0 / -0
    Thank you :)
    The data should stay there until the next session starts, but for post-session it is better to enable excel report generation in the options. Then the application will export reports like this, which contains various sheets (one including with all drivers lap + split times):

https://1drv.ms/x/s!AjZ7Py7hwgdrgeUFiMGwSHHonyIVrg?e=EXVUZ8

19. Christy_91

Christy_91 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thank you so much,
    I tested your tool, I find it very interesting.
    I was able to report the information collected by your software and copy it to my excel analysis file, it suits me very well.

By cons I did not manage to anlyser my laps on your map, only the best lap and that is a little frustrating, because it does not allow to see precisely the problems on the slower laps! braking point, braking temp etc ...

I will still switch to my Paypal account for you.

20. Winzarten

Ratings:
    +377 / 0 / -0
    Thank you very much. :)
    You can select different laps in the telemetry viewer, using the checkboxes in the laps view. The fastest lap is just the one preselected.

• Like Like x 1