Problem How do get my H shifter to work

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Petro1head, Jun 27, 2020.

1. Petro1head

Petro1head New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I know there are cars I have that will be H shift manual ie Group 5 cars but cant get the H shifter (Fanatec) to work. The assigments have been done and game set to use H Shifter and manual but when I drive the car it only recognised the paddles

2. Hervé45

Hervé45 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +135 / 0 / -0
    [​IMG]

• Useful Useful x 1
  3. Petro1head

Petro1head New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi, thanks but that Is on

4. Bavarian_Firebird

Bavarian_Firebird Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    We always use USB-Adapters for this one and dont connect the shifter to the pedals. You also have to drive a car with H-shifter. I know the BMW M1 Procar has H-shifter there it should work. Also can you shift in the Fanatec software?

5. Petro1head

Petro1head New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Shifter is connected to wheel. Works in the Fanatec driver app fine. It also works Fine in all my other sims

6. Bull Shark

Bull Shark Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +162 / 0 / -0
    Yeah strange. I have the Fanatec shifter as well and works ok for me. has to be a setting somewhere.

7. Petro1head

Petro1head New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    It will most likely somit i am doing wrong. Yesterday i change to a DD2 and have been occupied with getting that to feel right compared to the old CSW 2.5, so i will look again once happy with the FFB feel

thanks for your help

8. Bull Shark

Ratings:
    +162 / 0 / -0
    Phoeee, congrats m8. There is always a little voice in my head that is shouting at me, buy a DD buy a DD. :D
    That said, I’m not a hard core simracer because I don’t do setups and pitstops and only race short races against the AI, 15 laps max. So that makes me keeping away from buying a DD. €1000+ is a lot of money of course. :cool:

9. inthebagbud

inthebagbud Member

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0
    You don't have to be hardcore for a DD - trust me I'm not , it's about the experience - like tinkering, beefing up, attaching spoilers and go faster stripes to your car when you have your first pride and joy. Your not hard core you just want to do it !

10. Bull Shark

Ratings:
    +162 / 0 / -0
    Yes but if you spend way more time on simracing than I do, it will justify the costs. If you have money enough then you could buy a DD without thinking. For me it is a lot of money. My CSW v2,5 will do perfectly. And yes there is always room for improvement. :D That said, If I have the opportunity to buy one I’ll do of course. :cool: