Raceroom and simucube

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Hervé45, Dec 14, 2019.

1. EsxPaul

EsxPaul Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +50 / 0 / -0
    What I would like to find out (preferably from the Devs) is which of the following Direct Input signals can/cannot be sent from the game:

Sine Wave
    Square Wave
    Sawtooth
    Triangle

Seeing the various SC2 status indicators changing is confusing to me:

- effect not in use
    ○ effect is created and running, but its values are not actively changed by the game
    ● effect is created, and its values are being actively controlled by the game

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Dieter Bromvich

Dieter Bromvich New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I am about go the Direct Drive route. My favourite sim is Raceroom by far and much of my simracing is done here. I'm not heavily invested in the Fanatec ecosystem and I was about to pull the trigger on Simucube 2, as I considered it the best choice for me. But now I see many reports of unhappy Simucube owners after this December update, both here and elsewhere. And meanwhile the Fanatec owners have a new firmware update, and it seems a great FFB experience in Raceroom.

@Alex Hodgkinson has a DD1 in his profile and I understand the leaning towards Fanatec here - they are the bigger players and it makes perfect sense to keep Fanatec owners happy. But will Simucube get further development and optimisation here in time also? Do you have Simucube hardware available for testing at all? Is it possible to get some answers, or should I just abandon Simucube and go Fanatec DD instead?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Kollo

Kollo Active Member

Ratings:
    +39 / 0 / -0
    Honestly, I would rather abandon RRRE than SimuCUBE. Also I doubt that in terms of DD Wheels Fanatec is the bigger player compared to OSW/SimuCUBE. It would be really stupid to ignore OSW/SimuCUBE users. But the lack of communication that Mika from GD is complaining of somehow points into this direction.

• Agree Agree x 4
  4. 12shiko

12shiko New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Is there still no one playing this game on a Simucube 2?

5. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    Devs have a couple of SC2 bases now so it's only a matter of time until they are fully supported. Watch this space.

6. Carlos Ribeiro

Carlos Ribeiro New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    hello gentlemen! 6 months ago I try a good setup for my OSW / Simucube! I even gave up! But I really like the game! I'm new here, how have you used it today?

7. Turtle Power

Turtle Power Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    Updated to 1.0.23 Simucube 1. Raceroom works fine, better than ever (except for the odd short steering pull to the left when using clutch and manual gear shifting).

The steering rotation is now automatic as used in game. Simucube1 communicates with Raceroom pretty good.

8. Hervé45

Hervé45 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +135 / 0 / -0
    @Turtle Power

These messages date from December 2019.
    Obviously and fortunately they are no longer current.
    You are going to confuse users by bringing out these old messages

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Carlos Ribeiro

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    can someone send me a good setup, Simucube + setups of the game itself? I can't make the force feedback look good!

10. Carlos Ribeiro

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    You send me one!!! But not in the game! Can you help me ?

11. Hervé45

Hervé45 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +135 / 0 / -0
  12. Carlos Ribeiro

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
  13. Holmberg

Holmberg Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    Any news here? I have ordered a SC 2 pro, maybe I shouldn’t have high expectations for Raceroom then

14. milewski.lukasz

milewski.lukasz Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    I'm enjoying r3e on sc2, only thing wrong is that some cars past certain angle of slide are unrecoverable, you're just there for a ride. But I don't think that's the sc2 issue as it gives you plenty info about oversteer in time. Probably down to me over driving the cars or just the tire model of the game. In general I think that sc2 does a decent job communicating what raceroom is sending to it.

15. Holmberg

Holmberg Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for answer. Coming from a CSW 2.5, hoping for a feeling of upgrade

• Like Like x 1