Telemetry SecondMonitor (Timing & status App)

Discussion in 'Community Workshop' started by Winzarten, Oct 26, 2017.

1. viper4r3e

viper4r3e New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    @Winzarten
    As I know you use the UDP API of pcars2 to get the inner, mid and outer Temps of each tire.
    Is it possible to make the receiving UDP port 5606 configurable.
    I ask, because it is not possible to receive the same data on the same UDP port at the same time with more than one application.
    But there are other tools like SimHub for example which support to forward the API data to another UDP port. But this only solves the problem if you can change the port.
    Thanks in advance.

2. Winzarten

Winzarten Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +377 / 0 / -0
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Christy_91

Christy_91 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I read the wiki carefully, and I discovered your absolutely absolutely awesome 'rating' tool, thank you a thousand times. You really deserve to be thanked by 'paypal'.
    By cons I did not understand 3 little things:
    1) Rating -> difficulty the value that is indicated is the level of difficulty AI that we choose in the game?

2) a) Race history class ----> is it your software that chooses?
    b) how many classes are there from lowest to highest?

3) I haven't tried racing yet .. I'm going to do it tomorrow or tonight. But I don't see how we open the menu: open car setting.
    A thousand thanks again, you are very talented.

4. Winzarten

Ratings:
    +377 / 0 / -0
    1) Yes, if you want to use the suggested difficulty. If you disable the "use selected difficulty checkbox" you can use whatever difficulty you like, and the AI rating will be adjusted accordingly. You can also reset the difficulty rating to any difficulty you would like with the arrow next to the selector. I use this last option when doing first races with a new class. ;)

2)
    a) You choose the class you want to race. The application will automatically switch to it when you enter the session. In main menu, you can select classes, but this to view suggested difficulty and rating. That said, if you would like to have a random suggestion, use the dice, bottom, button on the right panel, to open random race suggestions.
    b) The classes are taken from the sim, so there as many classes as there are classes in that sims. They get populated as you race them. There is no hierarchy in them ;)

3)It is the fourth icon (car with a cog) on the right panel. It gets enabled once you're in a session with a car selected. :)

5. viper4r3e

viper4r3e New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
  6. Christy_91

Christy_91 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Winzarten,

your software is simply wonderful! On the map I saw that you could compare a lap with the best and it's really 'top' to see the play of the sequence, it teaches a lot. Your version 7.0.0.869 updating is 'top of the top' compared to 6.55

Last edited: Jul 12, 2020
  7. Christy_91

Christy_91 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Small bug in your software.
    This afternoon, I tested the Intergalos grand prix circuit, and I mistakenly took the circuit on the wrong side in the pit.
    And your software to record a time corresponding to 3 laps is an average of 3.00. xxx à 2.57xx forthe fast lap !

This time seemed really very long to me .. I looked for the real time made by the 'pros and it is 1.10 approximately'.

Tonight I did a few laps taking the circuit on the right side, and there I managed a temp of 1.20 which was normal for an unknown circuit and unknown car.
    I hope this info will help you fix your software.

8. Winzarten

Ratings:
    +377 / 0 / -0
    Hey, I will have a look, but these kinds of issues are usually caused by the sim behaviour.
    Lap times are taken from simulators, and in some sims you need to make one full lap, on top of the one where you took a wrong turn, for a new lap to start.

9. Frank van Roon

Frank van Roon Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    The telemetry viewer won´t open and it seems nothing is being recorded.

And do i need the source code?

Last edited: Jul 13, 2020
  10. George70

George70 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I have now tested your software on Automobilista, Project Cars 2 and Assetto Corsa and it works very well (I run windows 7 64 bit). It is really useful. Thank you again for all your effort.
    If you are looking for new things to try, I have one possible idea for you. I found in a book I have ("Race car engineering & mechanics" by Paul van Valkenburgh) a diagram called "understeer/oversteer-plot". It is a graph of steering angle on the vertical axis versus lateral acceleration on the horizontal axis. I since found it many other places. Apparently it is mostly used for testing on skidpads to evaluate car balance, but I also found some people use it to evaluate understeer/oversteer during practice laps on regular tracks. Try a Googlesearch on "understeer oversteer plot" or "understeer gradient plot" and you'll find lots of examples. Could be a simple but fun thing to try. :)

11. Christy_91

Christy_91 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Yesterday I got uninstalled due to a PC problem. I reinstalled it with the .msi file and the 7.00 update that I installed.
    since that the telemetry page opens 1s and closes immediately. I can't even see if the data is saved
    telemetry box checked of course.
    And it's the same problem if I only launch the telemetry page.

I remember having this type of problem about a year ago, with SimHub being solved by the designer.

12. Winzarten

Ratings:
    +377 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for the reports, I checked and there is really a problem with clean install, I will have it fixed this evening. ;) Sorry for the problems.

Thanks for the idea, that looks useful, I will add that :) You'll just have to set the correct steering range, as that is something I'm unable to read from the shared data. ;)

As a user no. Only if you're interested in the inner workings.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. viper4r3e

viper4r3e New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Really great work on the new Telemetry UI in Version 7.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Winzarten

Ratings:
    +377 / 0 / -0
    Pushed a new updated with fix for the telemetry viewer startup :)

15. Vince prude

Vince prude New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    if someone send me his .pLap file, I cant just open that lap.
    is there a way to share laps with each other without using own laps?

16. Frank van Roon

Frank van Roon Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    Why do i oly get this after a few laps??

upload_2020-7-14_22-16-39.png

17. Hervé45

Hervé45 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +135 / 0 / -0
    You must make at least one valid lap

18. Frank van Roon

Frank van Roon Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
  19. Winzarten

Ratings:
    +377 / 0 / -0
    There is a + button under the lap selector, that allows to add just the one lap. The problem currently is that the .plap is just telemetry data, so it is added to the currently opened session. If that corresponds to another track, the map and tracks with other laps will not align correctly. So opening a session on the same track is preffered.

More complex (and usable) export is in the plan, just after the modification and export/import of workspaces is implemented. This should also include the possibility to permanently add/deleting laps to sessions, and export/import of single package file (session + selected laps + map info). ;)

Then the application did not recognize it, as both the last lap and best lap are N/A, and completed laps is 0. The next time this happens could you please upload the log file? I will have a look. ;)

• Wonderful Wonderful x 1
  20. Christy_91

Christy_91 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    You are super !
    Thank you for your responsiveness, now everything is ok.